[Resolved] MX Player SD Card videos not listed

Search This thread

BDMJ101

Jun 20, 2014
I just bought a LG G Pad and I added a 64GB SD Card to expand my storage. I put some videos on my 64gb sd card but now MX Player can't find them.....I have to use a file explorer app to find the movies and have to select MX to play them.

How can I make it so the app looks on the added sd card for playback?

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
Settings -> List -> Video folders

Did you check there first to see if the SD card path is included?

BDMJ101

Jun 20, 2014
MX Player SD Card

Settings -> List -> Video folders

Did you check there first to see if the SD card path is included?

Yeah I found the directory from within mx player like you told me to do but it's still showing no videos.....I know I have 2 of them in that specific folder.

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Yeah I found the directory from within mx player like you told me to do but it's still showing no videos.....I know I have 2 of them in that specific folder.

There are some conditions in which your file may not show.

* If your file name starts with . (Dot) it will not be showed by default. Enable show hidden files and folders from Settings 》List

* Your file extension may not be a know video file extension or it may not be listed in the extension list. In that you can add your file extensions in Settings 》 Lists 》File extensions.

* If a file with the name .nomedia presents in a folder or in any of it's parent folders. Disable the option " Recognise nomedia " from Settings 》 Lists

* If you have excluded the path or any of it's parent path in video folders settings. Just go to the Settings 》Lists 》 Video folders. It may happen when you long press on folder & select hide accidentally. If the path of your file or any parent folder is listed in the video folders list in a strike through text, then select it and click show button.

Eg:
consider your file is in "/sdcard/x/y/" folder. If the same folder or any parent folder (like "/sdcard/" or "/sdcard/x/") is set as hidden in video folders or it contains a file with the name ".nomedia", then it will not be showed.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

BDMJ101

Jun 20, 2014
MX Player SD Card

* If your file name starts with . (Dot) it will not be showed by default. Enable show hidden files and folders from Settings 》List

* Your file extension may not be a know video file extension or it may not be listed in the extension list. In that you can add your file extensions in Settings 》 Lists 》File extensions.

* If a file with the name .nomedia presents in a folder or in any of it's parent folders. Disable the option " Recognise nomedia " from Settings 》 Lists

* If you have excluded the path or any of it's parent path in video folders settings. Just go to the Settings 》Lists 》 Video folders. It may happen when you long press on folder & select hide accidentally. If the path of your file or any parent folder is listed in the video folders list in a strike through text, then select it and click show button.

Eg:
consider your file is in "/sdcard/x/y/" folder. If the same folder or any parent folder (like "/sdcard/" or "/sdcard/x/") is set as hidden in video folders or it contains a file with the name ".nomedia", then it will not be showed.

BINGO!!!!!

I unchecked the "Recognise nomedia " option and BAM! my videos showed up in the list.....Thanks alot guys :)

Reactions: oneclot

mamato3

Jul 12, 2016
I'm having the same problem, but the solution listed isn't helping. I have a fire kids edition for my son. I downloaded MX player. I downloaded a video to my SD card. I cannot get MX player to find the video. I tried downloading a different video as well. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Help I checks everything and I even rest my phone and its still not working

hi,

In most of the cases, it should back if you disable "Recognise .nomedia" in Settings » List. If the list return after disabling it, some other app has generated a .nomedia file. If such files exists, no app will scan that directory & sub directory for media file.

If it doesn't works,
Just press on refresh button the top. Once it completes, immediately goto menu » help » bug report. Save the logs & upload here.

Reactions: oneclot

danilaur

May 25, 2022
if i have more folders usb stick,when i play videos,play only 1 folder individual,not show all videos like 1-500 ,why ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Eg:

MX Player SD Card

Eg:

BINGO!!!!!

I unchecked the "Recognise nomedia " option and BAM! my videos showed up in the list.....Thanks alot guys :)
    yeap...uncheck "Recognise nomedia "...
    all my videos came out
    Help I checks everything and I even rest my phone and its still not working

hi,

In most of the cases, it should back if you disable "Recognise .nomedia" in Settings » List. If the list return after disabling it, some other app has generated a .nomedia file. If such files exists, no app will scan that directory & sub directory for media file.

If it doesn't works,
    Just press on refresh button the top. Once it completes, immediately goto menu » help » bug report. Save the logs & upload here.