Other device and upgrading phone discussion

Search This thread

Chocu1a

Sep 16, 2011
So, over the weekend I dropped my Note 2 & shattered the screen. It will be a week before I can get it repaired , so in the meantime I picked up a second hand GS3 of CL. Wow, I can't believe how small the phone feels. I mean, it is still one of the largest screens by today's standards, at 4.8, but it feels like I am using an iPhone 4. Even my wife, who is tech illiterate, noticed the difference right away.
I cannot wait to go back to my beautiful monster sized screen.
On the other hand, it is nice to be able to comfortably use a phone with one hand, and I can't believe how snappy the GS3 still is.

jiwengang

Feb 6, 2011
New York
www.opinionatedfool.com
Is there any place we can raise forum moderation questions?

I think moving all other devices talk into one thread really reduced a lot of interesting topics in the forum. People never check combined topics at sticky place.

Like mine post that was closed.

shill1986

Dec 25, 2012
North Port, Florida
myworld.ebay.com
So I jail broke my girls 4s, she finally let me...what a junker that sht is! First off, any mod worth doing costs money, and there aren't alternatives or different ways. Second, there's not a whole lot you can do anyway.

I mean, I was just trying to theme it up for her, give her something different from everyone else, and they all cost 2.99. Can't even try it out to see if you like it or not.

In summation, iPhone is still crappy, and there's no way to make it better. No news there, though. I guess it doesn't help in so familiar with the Android system and really don't know my way around an iPhone or what to even mod, but still.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Note II, hyper powered via MeanBean - ICE 1.0
- Hyperion 6,200MAh Extended Battery
- Modded Otterbox to fit battery
- An S-Pen (deal with it)

Reactions: Chocu1a

shill1986

Dec 25, 2012
North Port, Florida
myworld.ebay.com
Is there any place we can raise forum moderation questions?

I think moving all other devices talk into one thread really reduced a lot of interesting topics in the forum. People never check combined topics at sticky place.

Like mine post that was closed.

I think it's a good idea, however, I wish it was given its own forum within the VZW Note ll forum. Not that it really is, but if it were a little busier in here, it would be tough to talk to one another about individual topics brought up.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Note II, hyper powered via MeanBean - ICE 1.0
- Hyperion 6,200MAh Extended Battery
- Modded Otterbox to fit battery
- An S-Pen (deal with it)

Noobism

Mar 6, 2011
As and apple fan that has recently converted to android I want to say you are missing nothing. I phone 5 is a great phone, if it were released three years ago. Android offers alot more with better specs!

Agreed, I've owned 1 iphone. While it was a nice phone with some spot on details, it just wasn't an Android.

eBoody

Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
well just in case you guys didnt get the memo; Verizon is getting the HTC One. Frankly it was predictable. I dont know where all the confident talk about them not getting it came from. But I digress.

Up until recently i was very confident the only phone to pry my cold dead fingers off of the note 2 was the note 3.
While im still fairly confident about that feeling, i have to admit I am intrigued by the idea of a 6" HTC One (T6). Isnt anyone else? There are a ton of rumors about it (among which is the T6 having a stylus [how original]), but the only thing im sure HTC will do will be to at least have a removable SD Card slot. In which case at least one of the HTC One's problems are alleviated. I dont understand why front facing speakers is exclusive to the One.

anyone else thinking about the T6?

Reactions: bangdrum

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
Thoughts on future-proofing my phone by switching to the S4? I lose SPen, bigger screen and little bit of money (short-term). I gain a phone that will work on Verizon's next gen network, better res, prob hold value better, able to control TV etc

Just something I am considering. Also if I ever wanted to leave Verizon, I could prob sell the S4 easier then Note 2 down the road (2 months?).

BennyJr

Mar 29, 2010
Orlando FL
Heh I feel bad for all the s4 guys complaining about heat, saying its because the phone is so powerful. Lulz.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: geoff5093

NeoDarkKnight

Jun 12, 2013
I had the DNA for some months, solidly believing I made the correct choice over the Note II at the time. Then my DNA ha several problems with the SIM disconnecting, and even after the OTA update to "fix," the bug didn't work, I got fed up and bought a Note II, Though the comparison are night and day, I do miss some aspects of the DNA. Its a great device and if someone isn't willing to send out the extra $100, I highly recommend the DNA to anyone looking for a 5+ inch display!

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
well just in case you guys didnt get the memo; Verizon is getting the HTC One. Frankly it was predictable. I dont know where all the confident talk about them not getting it came from. But I digress.

Up until recently i was very confident the only phone to pry my cold dead fingers off of the note 2 was the note 3.
While im still fairly confident about that feeling, i have to admit I am intrigued by the idea of a 6" HTC One (T6). Isnt anyone else? There are a ton of rumors about it (among which is the T6 having a stylus [how original]), but the only thing im sure HTC will do will be to at least have a removable SD Card slot. In which case at least one of the HTC One's problems are alleviated. I dont understand why front facing speakers is exclusive to the One.

anyone else thinking about the T6?
The T6 definitely looks awesome, the front-facing dual speakers are one thing I think would make the note perfect. Of course, the new CPU architecture is a significant plus as well. I just don't know if I can let go of having a removable battery. I'd hate to have to start plugging my phone in again.

eBoody

Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
The T6 definitely looks awesome, the front-facing dual speakers are one thing I think would make the note perfect. Of course, the new CPU architecture is a significant plus as well. I just don't know if I can let go of having a removable battery. I'd hate to have to start plugging my phone in again.

Agreed..although Samsung doesn't display a propensity for change. Usually with big companies like that they adopt the ever popular philosophy derived from the saying 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

The truth is however that while I have a spare battery and an external battery charger, using it is purely luxury. And I use my phone pretty heavily. The only fear I have about the t6 and its non removable battery is that the battery will degrade and you won't be able to replace it. At the very least they could implement a similar style to how iPhones batteries are removable. I'm at odds of whether a battery that size, in my case, needs to be removable.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: iluv2laff

kalanyon

Sep 21, 2008
Thoughts on future-proofing my phone by switching to the S4? I lose SPen, bigger screen and little bit of money (short-term). I gain a phone that will work on Verizon's next gen network, better res, prob hold value better, able to control TV etc

Just something I am considering. Also if I ever wanted to leave Verizon, I could prob sell the S4 easier then Note 2 down the road (2 months?).

Buy back from usell.com says that the note 2 holds its value better.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372182513439.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372182513439.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 128
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372182531865.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372182531865.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 125

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With Samsung out, what device maker are you going to continue to work on? Do you have a favorite?
    Thanks
    Newkia? Oppo? Omate? Sony? There are a ton of awesome manufacturers out there. I admire Samsung's build quality but that's all. They've always been a crappy manufacturer.
    Sorry to tell you but AdamOutler does exynos processors not Qualcomm. The Note 3 bootloader will not be unlocked. Expect Hashcode to eventually implement a safestrap/kexec method that will allow custom ROM's and kernels. Although, it's taken 4 months for the S4 for safestrap to start to get underway and kexec hasn't even been started. I'd say by the same time table it'll be February when you'll be able to load a custom ROM. Who knows for kernels.

Yeah, I heard that Adam guy talking mad trash about Samsung as well. It seems that he really doesn't like them much.
    iphone 5s event going on right now! who's switching???

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    I would like to state that I disagree entirely with moderators directing T-Mobile related questions on a Verizon Note 2 to this thread.

I think that's entirely inefficient, discouraging, poorly planned and misguided. A good moderator doesn't make decisions like that.

I don't understand why a user's thread was closed and his concerns sent to this thread when he is still using a Verizon Note 2, he is just using it with T-Mobile.

Single threads for discussion of various topics defeats the ENTIRE purpose of having a message forum to begin with.
    Re: Off-topic other device and upgrading phone discussion

The point of this thread is any non note discussion. How many iphone threads do we have. For that matterhow many s4 threads are starting already. We had this in the s3 firm and it worked really nicely to cut down the iphone5 threads.

By the way I agree with everything you said about the s4. I'm good right here with my note

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2