Battery Dies When Phone Is Off

Search This thread

Polarity_

May 27, 2014
Well I Recently Bought A Laza ZCell Extended Battery For My Phone And I Ran Through The Calibration But I Noticed That The Battery Life Was Really Bad. I Wiped Phone And Flashed Embryo 6-11 And Charged It To 100. Turned It Off And 8 Hours Later Turned It Back On And It Was At 20%. I Then Decided To Test The Battery Alone So I Charged To 100 And Then Took It Out Of Phone And Waited For 7 Hours And Put It Back In And It Was At 98% So It Cant Be The Battery Going Bad. What Could Be Wrong With The Phone?

D

Darth

Please, get gsam from the play store and post some screen shots.

The main screen, app screen, and click drop down in app screen...and do time held awake.

For starters. Otherwise anyone trying to help is just taking wild guesses.

Also, was it on WiFi or data? Weak signal? That's a battery killer big time on data.

Good luck! ;)

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Oh...sorry. Dying with power off?

I'm going to say defective battery....or a phone hardware issue.

Off is off. The phone isn't draining battery when its off...at all. Tho battery will drop in slight steps....cause than just how it works.

But it cannot be software related anyway.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

It can be the battery. It could be shorted out. And just by being in the phone (contacts in use) it could be draining itself. Or the phone has an issue similar.

spirodave

Mar 3, 2014
Saint Louis missouri
Well I Recently Bought A Laza ZCell Extended Battery For My Phone And I Ran Through The Calibration But I Noticed That The Battery Life Was Really Bad. I Wiped Phone And Flashed Embryo 6-11 And Charged It To 100. Turned It Off And 8 Hours Later Turned It Back On And It Was At 20%. I Then Decided To Test The Battery Alone So I Charged To 100 And Then Took It Out Of Phone And Waited For 7 Hours And Put It Back In And It Was At 98% So It Cant Be The Battery Going Bad. What Could Be Wrong With The Phone?

When you say Turned it off do you mean Turned the screen off ..? Or did you power it off .. If you powered it off and the battery drained , then its a bad battery ... Either way I have had problems with extended batteries ... If the battery is the same size as the stock battery and its supposed to be an extended battery then most likely it is just labeled as extended ... The weight of the battery will tell the truth...I have bought batteries that were bigger in size and required a over size cover on the back of the phone and it performed worse than the stock battery.. If the price is too good to be true it probably is .. I AM NOT SAYING THIS TRUE FOR ALL BATTERIES..But it sounds like this is the case with yours ... Hopefully something else caused this and it was a one time thing... If the phone was just sleeping and not powered off then it was draining at 10 percent an hour which is really high.. Mine drains at about 1.5 percent an hour to 2% an hour with wifi on and data on ...If it was powered off and drained like that maybe wipe your battery stats ..You could have been getting a bad reading of the battery which especially if you just flashed a new ROM...Good luck let me know if you fix it and how the battery performs over time I might buy one

Polarity_

May 27, 2014
Please, get gsam from the play store and post some screen shots.

The main screen, app screen, and click drop down in app screen...and do time held awake.

For starters. Otherwise anyone trying to help is just taking wild guesses.

Also, was it on WiFi or data? Weak signal? That's a battery killer big time on data.

Good luck! ;)

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Oh...sorry. Dying with power off?

I'm going to say defective battery....or a phone hardware issue.

Off is off. The phone isn't draining battery when its off...at all. Tho battery will drop in slight steps....cause than just how it works.

But it cannot be software related anyway.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

It can be the battery. It could be shorted out. And just by being in the phone (contacts in use) it could be draining itself. Or the phone has an issue similar.

Well i charged it and took the battery out to test if the battery itslef is just draining when its out of the phone but it didnt drain when the battery was out of the phone but when i put it in again and left the phone off it started draining by itself. ill get the gsam battery monitor right now and post some screenshots

D

Darth

Well i charged it and took the battery out to test if the battery itslef is just draining when its out of the phone but it didnt drain when the battery was out of the phone but when i put it in again and left the phone off it started draining by itself. ill get the gsam battery monitor right now and post some screenshots

If your phone is powered off, screen shots done have anything because obviously they aren't running.

Or are you talking standby when you say "off"? Like screen off. Not completely powered off.

Polarity_

May 27, 2014
If your phone is powered off, screen shots done have anything because obviously they aren't running.

Or are you talking standby when you say "off"? Like screen off. Not completely powered off.

i mean completely powered off. the battery has gotten a bit better after some charge cycles. but its still dying pretty quickly regardless if its on or completely off. this is all while on airplane mode and having only wifi on

Also is there a way to check what the mAh of the battery is within the phone like an app ? .

Last edited:
D

Darth

If the phone is off, no app or widget will help, or tell you anything....cause the phone is off....so the app is off. ;)