Search This thread

inspire me

Apr 19, 2011
Just wondering what is the best method to root a Samsung replenish. Thanks

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

dangdang

Jan 30, 2009
Texas
I'm wondering the same. I've tried using rageagainstthecage, gingerbreak and psneuter. The first makes the phone vibrate alot. The second just sits there and the third looks like it runs comlpetely but still no #. Anyone tried anything else?

Edit: z4root causes the constand vibrate. rageagainstthecage kills adb and adb will not recognize my device until I reboot the phone.

Last edited:

dangdang

Jan 30, 2009
Texas
I'm still trying. I don't think anything out there right now is going to work without doing some coding and I'm not a coder. Anyone know what irc channels I can hit up for some tips on the android exploits used for rooting?

dangdang

Jan 30, 2009
Texas
This may help or not get closer to root.

To boot into Android Recovery Hold U down while powering on....or do 'adb reboot recovery' (requires android sdk tools)

If you hold down Q while powering on you get some verbose output instead of the first www.samsungmobile.com screen.

If you power down then hold Q while you plug in you charger you'll get some verbose output on right below the battery icon.

Last edited:

freakb18c1

Dec 8, 2009
Dirty Jersey
More and more of these phones out there... anyone? They sold like 10 of them at the best buy store I work at today...

I have my replenish rooted, here's the files.

Extract KMS.zip
Remove SD Card
run PrevailToExistence.bat

Done

Attachments

• KMS.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,709
  • works.jpg
    works.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,008
Last edited:

theevilmonkee

May 27, 2008

Extract KMS.zip
Remove SD Card

Done

I'm new to this, so let me see if I have this process down:

I hookup my Replenish to the PC without the SD card.
I transfer PrevailToExistence.bat to the device (where/which folder)?
I run the file within the device.

Is there anything else that needs to be done to root the device that most people would have already assumed to do?

PRBajista

May 22, 2007
Jersey City, NJ

Extract KMS.zip
Remove SD Card

Done

Unfortunately this did not work at all for me. I have the drivers correctly installed because if I put an SD card in, I can read/write to the sd card from my wife's replenish. I did remove the SD Card before trying this & USB Debugging was enabled. This is the screenshot of what came up. Also why is it that this says its for the Samsung Prevail? Does this batch file also work for the replenish? Anyway take a look at the screenshot & tell me what I did wrong because I followed the above instructions with no success.

r9k6fk.jpg

UPDATE*** I ran the batch file & rebooted the phone when the batch file said "waiting for phone to reconnect" while it was rebooting, the batch file continued to run and failed........BUT, after it rebooted, I ran the batch file again never disconnecting the phone and I finally had success. Thank you for this method but more detailed instructions would have made this as easy as it really is. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: ch1pn3ss

jeremy_nash

Jun 12, 2011

Extract KMS.zip
Remove SD Card

Done

I just tried your method, and was unsuccessful, I had my card unmounted, usb was in debug mode. maybe there was something else you had to do?

update: I pressed space to continue as I powered on my phone, and it worked fine, many thanks to everyone!

Last edited:

ch1pn3ss

Sep 7, 2010
Mountain View
Worked on a coworkers Replenish, here's what I did to make it work:

0. Did not install drivers (I already have samsung captivate drivers and samsung transform drivers from rooting previous phones, so the phone was already recognized)

1.Unzipped KMS.zip on my computer.
2. Put phone into USB Debug mode. Plugged in USB cable.
3. (Phone is currently on) Removed SD card.
4. Ran bat file.
5. Received errors identical to those screencap'd by PRBajista above.

6. Powered phone off (left it plugged in).
7. Powered phone back on.
8. After the boot logo, but before the lock screen came up, I ran the bat file again.
9. Bat file ran sucessfully, phone rebooted by itself and was rooted.

I'm guessing the correct process for rooting this phone is to do exactly what I did (install drivers for step 0 if you don't have already), except skip step 4 and 5.

Salpula

Sep 9, 2010
Its pretty easy push the power button in thenphone and hit the spacebar about 5-10 seconds later

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

panamaniac

Jun 8, 2011
Working on my Replenish too!

Worked on a coworkers Replenish, here's what I did to make it work:

0. Did not install drivers (I already have samsung captivate drivers and samsung transform drivers from rooting previous phones, so the phone was already recognized)

1.Unzipped KMS.zip on my computer.
2. Put phone into USB Debug mode. Plugged in USB cable.
3. (Phone is currently on) Removed SD card.
4. Ran bat file.
5. Received errors identical to those screencap'd by PRBajista above.

6. Powered phone off (left it plugged in).
7. Powered phone back on.
8. After the boot logo, but before the lock screen came up, I ran the bat file again.
9. Bat file ran sucessfully, phone rebooted by itself and was rooted.

I'm guessing the correct process for rooting this phone is to do exactly what I did (install drivers for step 0 if you don't have already), except skip step 4 and 5.

Yep, worked perfectly for my replenish too--I simply had to get the samsung drivers and then run the program right as the samsung logo came up after rebooting.

QUESTION: Anyone know how to UNROOT the Replenish?

Jimmyj71

Jun 25, 2011
Good Point

Yep, worked perfectly for my replenish too--I simply had to get the samsung drivers and then run the program right as the samsung logo came up after rebooting.

QUESTION: Anyone know how to UNROOT the Replenish?

I agree....I wont do a root until I know there is an unroot method that works. Anyone know of one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    More and more of these phones out there... anyone? They sold like 10 of them at the best buy store I work at today...

Extract KMS.zip
    Remove SD Card

Done

Extract KMS.zip
    Remove SD Card

Done

Unfortunately this did not work at all for me. I have the drivers correctly installed because if I put an SD card in, I can read/write to the sd card from my wife's replenish. I did remove the SD Card before trying this & USB Debugging was enabled. This is the screenshot of what came up. Also why is it that this says its for the Samsung Prevail? Does this batch file also work for the replenish? Anyway take a look at the screenshot & tell me what I did wrong because I followed the above instructions with no success.

r9k6fk.jpg

UPDATE*** I ran the batch file & rebooted the phone when the batch file said "waiting for phone to reconnect" while it was rebooting, the batch file continued to run and failed........BUT, after it rebooted, I ran the batch file again never disconnecting the phone and I finally had success. Thank you for this method but more detailed instructions would have made this as easy as it really is. Thanks.
    I got KMS to work again after ef27.
    See if y'all can do it this way.
    Turn on Debugging (don't know if it matters but mine was on from previous attempts.)

Cut off the phone.

Remove the SD.

Run Prevail and get it to the point where it says "daemon started sucessfully"

Now boot your phone. It should start running once it gets past a few boot screens.

Instead of failing at the orignal push, it should go through and you should see good things. and mine did the standard reboot after all was said and done.

Lemme know how it works for ya.
    no this wont root any other phone. it was made for the prevail, just happened to be luck that it works on the replenish.

ip check that the drivers are installed and you have usb debugging enabled, adb isnt seeing the phone
    None of the above worked for me. However after googling around, I found a link to THIS: holylivingfuck.com/ACS/stuff/Root/Prevail-Replenish-NEW-OCR.zip

I was able to root my wife's replenish perfectly with this.