Get Chrome from market if you are on ICS

Search This thread

mauix

Apr 2, 2012
Los Angeles
Agreed, it is smother than the stock browser, plus, you have all your chrome bookmarks automatically synchronized. Also, you can access the pages you have opened in other computers and devices (which is cool and scary at the same time).

Ivan Fuentes Hagar

Jan 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Agreed, it is smother than the stock browser, plus, you have all your chrome bookmarks automatically synchronized. Also, you can access the pages you have opened in other computers and devices (which is cool and scary at the same time).

It's by far the greatest advantage of Mobile Chrome... being reading something in my laptop, then leaving and continuing to read the same thing, effortlessly, is pretty cool.

Or if I run into a page some cool Android app while on my computer, instead of e-mailing the link, I just open Chrome Mobile, and there's the page.

iandr0idos

Dec 23, 2011
It will NEVER support flash.
And I still find that Quick ICS Browser is faster and more responsive. :p

mrro82

Feb 17, 2011
New York
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Best selling point for Chrome to me is the bookmark syncing. Thats huge IMHO and I think it should have been implemented from the start with Android.

Sent from low Earth orbit with my SkyRocket.

lesd777

Sep 17, 2011
I'm using boat browser and love it. I'll have to install chrome and compare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Probobly this

Google's new Chrome web browser for Android will never get support for Adobe Flash, Ars Technica reports.

This doesn't come as much of a surprise, since Adobe previously stated that it was finished working on Flash for mobiles.

So effectively, mobile Flash is officially on the way out. Even though Adobe itself has given up on it, that hasn't stopped plenty of manufacturers from continuing to advertise Flash as a selling point for Android.

Ars Technica deftly points out:

When Google eventually moves to replace the default Android browser with Chrome in future versions of the Android platform, devices that run the operating system will likely no longer be able to play Flash content in the browser.

AlonB.

Mar 10, 2012
Toronto, ON
Probobly this

Google's new Chrome web browser for Android will never get support for Adobe Flash, Ars Technica reports.

This doesn't come as much of a surprise, since Adobe previously stated that it was finished working on Flash for mobiles.

So effectively, mobile Flash is officially on the way out. Even though Adobe itself has given up on it, that hasn't stopped plenty of manufacturers from continuing to advertise Flash as a selling point for Android.

Ars Technica deftly points out:

When Google eventually moves to replace the default Android browser with Chrome in future versions of the Android platform, devices that run the operating system will likely no longer be able to play Flash content in the browser.

Now that really sucks...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

WhatzinyourphonE

Jan 24, 2008
kansas city, kansas
No! Wonder who made that excecutive decision. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing yet. People use the phones more than a home computer. So you would think they would want to work harder on mobile flash. I'm still kinda in denial about this whole thing,

SkyRocket [ICS Rom]

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Last I read, Flash was going away. In favor of HTML5? So not everyone will be supporting it in the future.

I'm using Chrome Beta also. It's not 100% ready for prime time, but works pretty well so far. And the fact it syncs bookmarks with my home Chrome browser is HUGE for me.

But I wish it were easier to add mobile-only bookmarks. It's not super friendly in that area yet. I love Dolphin browsers home page where I can add quick bookmarks.

bdbx18

Mar 30, 2006
So OK, how is it that I can't find it on Play? Is it because I'm on superlite ICS and if so, is there a way I can trick Play to show me everything?

Last edited:

Turbojugend

Jun 1, 2010
Halifax
I tried Chrome and it is ok, but has handy features missing. I'll stick to stock, which has all my Chrome bookmarks synced to it anyway, it is super fast.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
I tried Chrome and it is ok, but has handy features missing. I'll stick to stock, which has all my Chrome bookmarks synced to it anyway, it is super fast.

How were you able to sync your Google bookmarks to the stock browser? I tried a couple months ago and couldn't figure it out.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Just search "chrome" and it comes up.

:D :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hbmRyb2lkLmNocm9tZSJd

Top Liked Posts