Web site is unavailable

Search This thread

buggerritt

Jan 16, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
I've recently come across a weird issue with both Galaxy S4 devices on my account. One is running a custom ROM (Goldeneye 18.1) and the other is stock rooted mf3. I have had no trouble accessing sites with either phone until today. i tried to get on icontact.com (email marketing site). I get the same error on both phones:
9uqyne2u.jpg

epy6u6a3.jpg

I've tried various browsers with the same basic results. I've tried the icontact app (which worked b4) and it claims that I'm not connected to the internet. I've tried on Wi-Fi and 4g lte. Other sites work fine. Friends and family have been able to connect to the same sites on their phones with no problem. I tried clearing cache/cookies/history. I tried formatting my phone and clean flashing this ROM. Nothing I've tried seems to work. I'm at a loss as to what this could be. Is there some simple thing that I'm overlooking?

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lauterm

Apr 9, 2011
I've recently come across a weird issue with both Galaxy S4 devices on my account. One is running a custom ROM (Goldeneye 18.1) and the other is stock rooted mf3. I have had no trouble accessing sites with either phone until today. i tried to get on icontact.com (email marketing site). I get the same error on both phones:

I've tried various browsers with the same basic results. I've tried the icontact app (which worked b4) and it claims that I'm not connected to the internet. I've tried on Wi-Fi and 4g lte. Other sites work fine. Friends and family have been able to connect to the same sites on their phones with no problem. I tried clearing cache/cookies/history. I tried formatting my phone and clean flashing this ROM. Nothing I've tried seems to work. I'm at a loss as to what this could be. Is there some simple thing that I'm overlooking?

I think GoldenEye has ad-blocking built-in. There should be a flashable zip to remove it. Or, you can directly edit /system/etc/hosts to remove the offending entries. I'm not sure why a stock rooted phone would be blocking it too. I can pull up the site fine on CM 11.

EDIT: You can remove all the lines from the hosts file except leave "127.0.0.1 localhost".

Reactions: buggerritt

buggerritt

Jan 16, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
Thank you. I installed adfree on the stock rooted. I'm not sure why that site would be blocked by the hosts file but i guess it was. I'll edit it manually later.:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think GoldenEye has ad-blocking built-in. There should be a flashable zip to remove it. Or, you can directly edit /system/etc/hosts to remove the offending entries. I'm not sure why a stock rooted phone would be blocking it too. I can pull up the site fine on CM 11.

EDIT: You can remove all the lines from the hosts file except leave "127.0.0.1 localhost".