Samsung Galaxy S3 mini is completely dead

Search This thread

KoolKid98189

Aug 6, 2013
Yesterday evening my phone was on the charger then it suddenly stopped and it is completely dead. It isn't showing any signs of life ever since, even if I charge it. It doesn't even show offline charging and I can't send it to Samsung as it's rooted so my warranty it VOID. It seems to me that it has Sudden Death Syndrome because it has been recently been switching off and now it's completely dead. What should I do? I'm pretty much screwed!

TonySuperPony

Oct 21, 2013
Yesterday evening my phone was on the charger then it suddenly stopped and it is completely dead. It isn't showing any signs of life ever since, even if I charge it. It doesn't even show offline charging and I can't send it to Samsung as it's rooted so my warranty it VOID. It seems to me that it has Sudden Death Syndrome because it has been recently been switching off and now it's completely dead. What should I do? I'm pretty much screwed!

Can you enter download mode?

KoolKid98189

Aug 6, 2013
Can you enter download mode?

Well... I managed to just get it into offline charging. When I boot it up in normal mode it shows Samsung Galaxy S3 mini then after a few seconds the bottom lights flash for half a second and shut down. When I try to boot to recovery, model name then shut down. Yes it can just about make it into download mode.

TonySuperPony

Oct 21, 2013
Well... I managed to just get it into offline charging. When I boot it up in normal mode it shows Samsung Galaxy S3 mini then after a few seconds the bottom lights flash for half a second and shut down. When I try to boot to recovery, model name then shut down. Yes it can just about make it into download mode.

If you get into download mode, go to sammobile en download the firmware for your phone and flash it with odin. if that worked, open stock recovery and do a fatory reset to make sure everything is back to stock... Then you can just hope it won't happen again.

KoolKid98189

Aug 6, 2013
If you get into download mode, go to sammobile en download the firmware for your phone and flash it with odin. if that worked, open stock recovery and do a fatory reset to make sure everything is back to stock... Then you can just hope it won't happen again.

I tried flashing stock recovery and ROM through Odin, it said pass but nothing actually seemed to fix and it still has the same problem that it shuts down after showing logo and when I boot to recovery it just shows TeamWin for a few seconds and shuts down so looks like I'm screwed and I have to use my BlackBerry :'(

TonySuperPony

Oct 21, 2013
I tried flashing stock recovery and ROM through Odin, it said pass but nothing actually seemed to fix and it still has the same problem that it shuts down after showing logo and when I boot to recovery it just shows TeamWin for a few seconds and shuts down so looks like I'm screwed and I have to use my BlackBerry :'(

Ok, can't help you, maybe search this forum for unbrick device. I know there are fixes that can be used with some bricks.

KoolKid98189

Aug 6, 2013
Ok, can't help you, maybe search this forum for unbrick device. I know there are fixes that can be used with some bricks.

And I don't think Samsung will repair it as my warranty is void and I doubt if my parents would get me a new phone as this phone is only 3 months as well! And I have seen an unbrick thread and I tried it and it didn't work :'(

TonySuperPony

Oct 21, 2013
Well, I know how you feel. My charging port died once after I changed rom. Samsung asked me 200 for repair. Maybe you can give it a try and send him in... You never know Samsung loves you more than me..

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

KoolKid98189

Aug 6, 2013
Well, I know how you feel. My charging port died once after I changed rom. Samsung asked me 200 for repair. Maybe you can give it a try and send him in... You never know Samsung loves you more than me..

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

My dad took it to the service centre and they said they can't fix it as it's rooted so I'm screwed :'(

PelosBi

Dec 5, 2013
Mine also dead

Don't worry everyone I sent it to a repair shop (not Samsung) so I hope they manage to fix it.
Have you any news about the problem in your phone?
Mine (i8190 with one of the mclaws roms from previous week) also appeared in the morning shut down and there's no way of starting it. It does not even vibrate when power button pressed, as if the battery was completely empty.
Tried with another battery and checked that the original one had charge, but no luck. It does not start (normal, download or recovery, makes no difference).

Any ideas?

Last edited:

KoolKid98189

Aug 6, 2013
Have you any news about the problem in your phone?
Mine (i8190 with one of the mclaws roms from previous week) also appeared in the morning shut down and there's no way of starting it. It does not even vibrate when power button pressed, as if the battery was completely empty.
Tried with another battery and checked that the original one had charge, but no luck. It does not start (normal, download or recovery, makes no difference).

Any ideas?

Well mine was dead for a day then I plugged it into the charger (this was after a day and I left it on charge all night and it wouldn't start) and I held the power button for 10 seconds while it was on the charger it showed offline charging so I let it charge for a bit and then I powered it on and it seemed to be bricked so I sent it to a phone repair shop (not Samsung as my warranty is void). If it doesn't show any signs of life then it's bricked. If it comes to life then it is also probably bricked. I tried flashing many recoveries, ROMs, kernels and params and nothing happened.

james.faction

Jan 20, 2014
1. Did you follow the instructions in detail?
2. What does "nothing actually worked!!" mean??

Maybe you need to work out what is the problem and why it is failing. Then you will be able to figure out if it is actually fixable, and if so how to fix it. "Trying everything" doesn't really work unless you make an effort to analyse the results you get every time you try something.

You could try posting in one of the threads about taking the phone back to stock. The people who posted them might be able to help you, they are more experienced at this sort of thing.

KoolKid98189

Aug 6, 2013
1. Did you follow the instructions in detail?
2. What does "nothing actually worked!!" mean??

Maybe you need to work out what is the problem and why it is failing. Then you will be able to figure out if it is actually fixable, and if so how to fix it. "Trying everything" doesn't really work unless you make an effort to analyse the results you get every time you try something.

You could try posting in one of the threads about taking the phone back to stock. The people who posted them might be able to help you, they are more experienced at this sort of thing.

I tried those solutions and they didn't work.

james.faction

Jan 20, 2014
Kid, can you read?

What did you try? What was the result?

"didn't work" isn't a result, it's you giving up. Without even trying to find out why it didn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the S III Mini General forum there are topics about getting your phone back to stock so that it is covered by warranty.