[Q] root on p607t?

Search This thread

riffy504

Jun 3, 2014
Am I just being stupid or is there a way to root the new note 10.1 2014 edition on t-mobile's network? The model is SM-P607T & I don't see that listed anywhere on odin/s list or anything. Or is it just too soon from release?

Extra info: Baseband P607TUVUANE2, Android 4.4.2, Kernal 3.4.0-1433887

Prod1702

May 31, 2007
Am I just being stupid or is there a way to root the new note 10.1 2014 edition on t-mobile's network? The model is SM-P607T & I don't see that listed anywhere on odin/s list or anything. Or is it just too soon from release?

Extra info: Baseband P607TUVUANE2, Android 4.4.2, Kernal 3.4.0-1433887

I am looking for this as well since i got one today. It looks like it is the same thing as the P605 which is LTE. The non LTE ones do not use the Qualcomm chip. It also looks like 4.4.2 just came out for the P605 not to long ago and there really isn't anything out for it yet. Bigbuff is talking about updating TWRP to 4.4.2 for the P605. At that time I am sure we will get a recovery and be able to flash SuperSU. If it is out already I have not found it and would like to know as well.

riffy504

Jun 3, 2014
OK so it's not just me then. Usually by the time I get a device all this stuff is out all ready.

KwestJones

Mar 22, 2008
NJ
I wonder if you can use the international version P605. That's got the qualcomm chip with LTE. I have the 605v and there's been no development for it. Verizon has locked the bootloader, as they tend to do, so we are stuck. If you understand Knox and how that works I would try the P605 method. I tried it on mine and it failed and it didn't cause any damage.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

draigons

Nov 27, 2010
Manchester
Have you guys tried to put your tablets into download mode. My underdstanding you need to hold down volume down plus the power button for three seconds, but when I try this mine boots into regular mode and not the download mode. Can someone else try this and see if you get a different outcome?

Sent from my SM-P607T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

riffy504

Jun 3, 2014
Haven't tried it but you have to add home to that as well I thought. Yeah, Google search:

Boot your phone into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time till you see a warning message on your screen. You’ll be asked to hit the Volume Up to continue into download mode.

Prod1702

May 31, 2007
Have you guys tried to put your tablets into download mode. My underdstanding you need to hold down volume down plus the power button for three seconds, but when I try this mine boots into regular mode and not the download mode. Can someone else try this and see if you get a different outcome?

Sent from my SM-P607T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

its Power + Vol-D + Home gets you to a screen that says vol up to get to download mode or vol down to reboot. I can get to Download mode by doing that. I am going to try doing the P605 root they have out and see how that goes in asec. Make sure you down the Full Odin Firmware.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=29807

So you can use this if you need to.

Prod1702

May 31, 2007
WARNING: By doing this your Spen will not work anymore

Ok here is how to root the P607T right now. It is the same way as Root for the P605 right now. After reading http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2766394&page=9
on post 88. Someone with the P605 used the P905 CF-Auto root to root their 605.
here are the steps

1. Download to your PC http://download.chainfire.eu/385/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-viennalte-viennaltexx-smp905.zip
2. Reboot your P607T into Download Mode. You can do this by turning off the tablet. then hold Home + Vol-D + Power you will get a screen that says Press Vol D to get into Download mode.
3. Plug your P607T into your PC.
4. Open Odin 3.07 which is included with the down you already did. You should see a Blue tab that says something like Com1.
5. Make sure the only thing that is checked is Auto-reboot.
6. Click PDA and file the CF-Auto-Root-viennalte-viennaltexx-smp905.tar that was in the Zip file you just unziped.
7. Click start and wait.

Your tablet will now reboot into a P905 recovery and flash SuperSU. It can take awhile for the reboot into recovery to happen so just wait. After this is all done your tablet will boot back into Android. Go into the play store and update SuperSU. SuperSU will keep FCing until you update it in the Playstore.
Now here is the problem we run into if you do all this. After CF-Auto Root is done it is going to put a P905 recovery on your Tablet not a P607T recovery. If you want to get your P607T recovery back for future OTAs you need to Odin the full Firmware for the P607T which you can find here. http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=29807 Once they get a working TWRP for KitKat and the P605 we should be able to get everything else we need to get back our old recovery.
Now another problem That I have found as well is that the Spen does not work after doing this. I do not really care because I do not really use the Spen. I know there is a fix in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2766394&page=9 but I have yet to get it to work because I do not know how to type the *#2663# in phone app and then update wacom firmware from kernel to get the Spen to work. We do not have a Phone app to do that. So you are warned that your Spen will not work after doing this.
Other Wise enjoy root until a better way is out.

Last edited:

iandy1

Nov 27, 2008
Bayamón
May be possible to use mobile odin pro and inject root to the stock firmware, without tripping the knox flag?
This works on the note 3, upgrading to 4.3.
Edit: mobile odin requires to have already root, I used it when upgrading to 4.3
to not lose root.
Thanks.

Last edited:

riffy504

Jun 3, 2014
To late... I already tripped stupid knox. hehe I love the samsung note lines but I really REALLY hate knox! Just a reason for them to deny warranty, or else it'd be optional.

That odin file worked great. Now to wait for some custom roms.....

amirite

May 15, 2010
Just jumping in on the got-this-yesterday train and glad to see some folks have jumped on ahead of me. Thanks for the information you've all provided thus far. I'm hopeful that development on this thing will be strong, I'm liking the device so far.

I'm interested in rooting ASAP but I've been out of the Android loop for a little while, so this KNOX thing freaks me out a bit (I'm just getting familiar with what it is). Seems like it is a simple warantee related thing. Is it irreversible? How common is flashing a custom ROM without triggering it? Does it affect usability at all to have it triggered?

I'm interested if flashing this this evening but not really sure what I'm in for as far as KNOX.

iandy1

Nov 27, 2008
Bayamón
Just jumping in on the got-this-yesterday train and glad to see some folks have jumped on ahead of me. Thanks for the information you've all provided thus far. I'm hopeful that development on this thing will be strong, I'm liking the device so far.

I'm interested in rooting ASAP but I've been out of the Android loop for a little while, so this KNOX thing freaks me out a bit (I'm just getting familiar with what it is). Seems like it is a simple warantee related thing. Is it irreversible? How common is flashing a custom ROM without triggering it? Does it affect usability at all to have it triggered?

I'm interested if flashing this this evening but not really sure what I'm in for as far as KNOX.

Edit: Originally used root de la vega method for the note3. Mobile odin requires root.
The procedure to inject root with mobile odin pro is on the international note 3 forum.
Worked for my tmo note 3 upgrading to 4.3 and not lose root, but only flashing the original firmware.
Any custom rom, custom recovery or custom kernel will trip knox.
This is not tested yet on the note 10.1 2014.
Will check on the mobile odin thread or Chainfire's blog.

Tripping knox for now is irreversible and voids the warranty.
Normal device operation is not affected. What is lost is the security feature.
Only a concern if your company uses knox, and you use your device for work.

I am going to wait a few weeks, hoping for a no knox tripping root method,
to keep the warranty. But I know that eventually will not care on tripping knox.

Last edited:

riffy504

Jun 3, 2014
Well fudge! I never thought to test the s pen before I rooted. Guess what, it doesn't work.

riffy504

Jun 3, 2014
No I mean it didn't work hardware wise. I thought the touch screen was off by 1/4th an inch but never thought to try the s pen before last night. I even flashed back to stock and it was the same way. Where ever you touched with the s pen it'd either do nothing or it'd randomly draw in a tiny little square up near a corner. The touch screen was really noticeable trying to click on links in chrome cuz I'd always missing, but I thought it was me till I realized the s pen didn't work either. Then I figured it was just the hardware was messed up. Messing around in the drawing app proved that the touch screen was off to a corner by 1/4th an inch. Even if I turned the device around it always was off to that same physical corner.

riffy504

Jun 3, 2014
Oh! Also, I used the new Odin file btw. I assume the s pen works on that one. Never did use the one for the P905, that you posted with that warning.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Verified Also

Everything function fine including S-Pen with flashing TWRP and then flashing SuperSU from TWRP.

These are the steps I did to root and flash SuperSU

1. Download TWRP from here URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53138918&postcount=776"]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53138918&postcount=776[/URL]
    2. Download SuperSU from here http://www.getlocalization.com/supersu/
    3. Unzip SuperSu and place it on tablet or ExSDCard
    4. Boot in down download mode
    5. Plug your tablet into computer
    6.. Open Odin and you should see a Blue tab that says something like Com1
    7. Flash the TWRP recovery file in either PDA (Odin 3.0.7) or AP (Odin 3.0.9)
    8. While rebooting hold volume up to boot into recovery
    9. Flash the SuperSu file you downloaded
    10. Reboot to system and check root using root checker
    11. Have fun

No clue I don't use LTE I just opened a 200mb line to get the Tablet on EIP. I will pop in my sim when i get home from work and check it for u.

Edit: yes lte still works I am still trying to fix the spen however that still doesn't work.
    I hate to ask, but I don't really use ODIN often and I would like to root my tablet as well.

Can someone provide specific step-by-step instructions? Nothing extensive, just the cliff notes version.

I'm having trouble flashing the recovery because ODIN can't find the file since it's not a .PDA file, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :\
    Extract the file as odin is looking for a .tar file.
    Just got mine from T Mobile the other day and was very excited to see that I could already root it, was getting annoyed using the OTG cable with my six axis controller!

Many thanks to everyone who posted what to do here :good::good:

The only thing i cant seem to find is an app/tweak that will allow multi window with 4 windows... I keep reading that its possible but cannot find a working program anywhere

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53067105&postcount=39

EDIT: fixed link
    Yes it trips Knox.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk