Problem with Bluetooth after installing tomtom7

Search This thread

asalhan

Jul 29, 2009
Hey guys I have this same problem, but the 2 named files are not in the \windows folder.

Is there another way of finding these files? i have this file instead "BtRez.dll.0409"

No other file starts with "Bt"

dementio

Jan 29, 2008
Seattle
github.com
OK, I've been trying to figure out how to put the original BtCoreIf.dll and BtSdkCE30.dll back into the Windows directory without any luck and decided to give Resco Explorer a try. When I tried replacing the files, it told me that they were in ROM.
Am I mistaken in thinking that TomTom could not have overwritten the dll's if they were in ROM?

Tomo

Oct 30, 2005
now i see that is not a tomtom problem, because i've hard reset my pro2 and not yet installed tomtom, so i've made another thread for this. :eek:

but the bluetooth problem is still there when i install tomtom :(
there's an answer to this in the 'tips & tricks' post. I had this problem and deleting 2 files sorted it

pipemetralla

Jan 3, 2008
ny
Ok guys this is my fix version of tomtom , if you allready have tomtom on your device you will have to hard reset and then use this cab to install tomtom again. now you can use tomtom and your bluetooth :D. Im using it and it works on my tp2

pipemetralla

Jan 3, 2008
ny
my fix

Hello,

I just installed Tomtom7 on my pro2. but now the bluetooth stack is broken.
On other websites they say that tomtom replaces BtCoreIf.dll and BtSdkCE30.dll I already removed them and soft reset, but that doesn't work.

Can someone with a Pro2 upload those 2 files so that i can replace them on my phone? That will be the fastest solution i think... Thanks!

ok this is my fix version of tomtom 7. I got the same problem on my tp2 , the only bad thing about this is that if you have allready install tomtom7 you will have to hard reset and then use this cab to install tomtom.

fil

Mar 14, 2006
essex, rainham
Where are the 2 files?

\Windows\BtSdkCE30.dll
\Windows\BtCoreIf.dll

So i can delete them, as ive no idea where they will be?

tonyl2e

Oct 20, 2007
That fixes one problem but PAN Bluetooth doens't work

This fix causes my Bluetooth PAN network to stop functioning.

Zaleo

Sep 27, 2008
This worked as a good fix before, but now that I have a new radio and rom TC is not able to remove the files strange enough, I cannot even change the properties.

Advice?

Ricovas

Sep 11, 2008
God bless ye wise gentlemen

Thank you for saving me from a hard reset and much painful reconfiguration, the fix worked perfectly. I just renamed the two offending files referenced, and all was well.

tnt23

Sep 12, 2009
PARiS
thx for the fix guys it works for tomtom...

Surprisingly i can run a BT stereo headset,
BUT
every time i launch a BT program (bluejacking, bt crawler ect) it says there is no BT device or that its off... any idea ?

rolandroland

Jun 23, 2008
TomTom 7.450.9028

Hello,

I just installed Tomtom7 on my pro2. but now the bluetooth stack is broken.
On other websites they say that tomtom replaces BtCoreIf.dll and BtSdkCE30.dll I already removed them and soft reset, but that doesn't work.

Can someone with a Pro2 upload those 2 files so that i can replace them on my phone? That will be the fastest solution i think... Thanks!

I installed this on my Vzw TP2 , had the BTtray problem and then renamed the 2 files mentioned, did a soft reset and everything is back to normal.

Of course I did a hard reset the first time as I didn't see this thread and someone else helped me with the rename.

Doofusfire

Sep 29, 2009
I'm using the same version...
i hard reset my phone already, but i want to install tomtom again, but i think i wait a while because i don't want to reset agian...

and i discoverd that after i installed tomtom, some of my text messages where not been send... (the phone randomly removes the + before the phonenumber) but sometimes it worked and sometimes not... very strange... so i hard reset and now everything works fine, but now i want tomtom to get working :p what to do?

There is a patch available from the HTC site to solve the missing + on international text messaging.

I found renaming the BT files worked a treat I left them there TT7 working fine and BT still working fine.

I have still to get TT7 working with the G-sensor into landscape mode though.

Last edited: