[Q] Chrome crashes

Search This thread

Longi94

Jun 3, 2010
Budapest
I recently flashed PA 4.4 RC1 and the latest gapps package (06.08). As far as I know, I haven't done anything that could've touched chrome in any way. But now chrome crashes everytime I tap on a suggestion in the addresbar dropdown list. This is very annoying.

I tried reflashing gapps, didn't work. I tried uninstalling chrom with titanium backup, but chrom didn'T even uninstall properly. I tried disabling all xposed modules I have installed but that didn't help either.

Does anyona have or had a similar issue? I ran out of ideas on how to troubleshoot this. Wiping and reflashing PA would be the very last option that I would rather not do becuase it takes a rather long time. Any help would be much appreciated.

ps.: I have a nexus 5

dns2k

Feb 18, 2010
I recently flashed PA 4.4 RC1 and the latest gapps package (06.08). As far as I know, I haven't done anything that could've touched chrome in any way. But now chrome crashes everytime I tap on a suggestion in the addresbar dropdown list. This is very annoying.

I tried reflashing gapps, didn't work. I tried uninstalling chrom with titanium backup, but chrom didn'T even uninstall properly. I tried disabling all xposed modules I have installed but that didn't help either.

Does anyona have or had a similar issue? I ran out of ideas on how to troubleshoot this. Wiping and reflashing PA would be the very last option that I would rather not do becuase it takes a rather long time. Any help would be much appreciated.

ps.: I have a nexus 5

both my D2lte and my Toro are having the same issues. it seems it revolves around editing the address bar not actually following links. i manually uninstalled from system using root browser(normal un install doesnt work) and tried re installing .. nada. i can confirm that you are not alone.

-dns

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
We have a bug tracker... If you would read it you would see that it has been reported and already fixed for next release

Sent from my Nexus 5

Kozmyk

Mar 24, 2012
Where da Bug Tracker at?

We have a bug tracker... If you would read it you would see that it has been reported and already fixed for next release

Sent from my Nexus 5
Hi Pirateghost
I'm new to ParanoidAndroid, could you link that Bug Tracker please?
I've looked but can't seem to find it.
Wouldn't want to be spamming bugs that have already been recognised. :angel:

Last edited:

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Hi Pirateghost
I'm new to ParanoidAndroid, could you link that Bug Tracker please?
I've looked but can't seem to fond it.
Wouldn't want to be spamming bugs that have already been recognised. :angel:

You should join the G+ community and follow +Paranoid Android on G+
https://paranoidandroid.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa

We have all this info readily available in one spot.
https://plus.google.com/b/115605611166087751372/communities/112514149478109338346

Reactions: Kozmyk

Top Liked Posts