[ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39E] Slim Bean Build 8.1 - i777 [11.08.2013]

Search This thread

GiSS88

Oct 27, 2011
Loving the updates. Didn't update for a few months, and everything about these builds is awesome.

Anyone know how to change the lock screen slider image though? Just curious if it's possible to change the blue S to a custom image.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

oddspec

Sep 28, 2011
palm bay
Google Pixel 7
Loving the updates. Didn't update for a few months, and everything about these builds is awesome.

Anyone know how to change the lock screen slider image though? Just curious if it's possible to change the blue S to a custom image.

There is a file on slims site to flash it back to stock otherwise if u want a custom imagine there is a few threads on how to it involves systemui or frameworks changes so make a back up if u go this route

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sk8ordie0

g0nz0oo720

May 20, 2012
How do i turn on usb debugging? Couldn't seem to find it. :(

oddspec

Sep 28, 2011
palm bay
Google Pixel 7
How do i turn on usb debugging? Couldn't seem to find it. :(

Its under developers option
SG6iJMa.png

Reactions: g0nz0oo720

Skv012a

Jun 19, 2008
MD
Sony Xperia 5 IV
So been on this since Beta 1 and while I miss TW, I do like this rom. Can't beat 85mb and Apex's customization (if you're into that extent of it).

Would be nice to see SGS3 dual app windows thing for some real multi-tasking if its possible on this guy. Else keep up the stupid-fast updates!

EzSqueezeCheese

Jan 23, 2013
Android system is killing me. 17% is a little higher than usual for me. BBS isn't showing much on wake locks. I'm on build 5 with stock kernel. Hopefully it'll smooth out by tomorrow.

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012
So been on this since Beta 1 and while I miss TW, I do like this rom. Can't beat 85mb and Apex's customization (if you're into that extent of it).

Would be nice to see SGS3 dual app windows thing for some real multi-tasking if its possible on this guy. Else keep up the stupid-fast updates!

Glad you like it :D
Samsung dual windows won't happen because it requires TW framework and it adds a bunch of bloat, which doesn't fit our policy at all, so sorry about that.
About update cycle: we changed our cycle to a stable release every 3 to 4 weeks and release a weekly build once a week which is similar to cm's nightlies

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4

Reactions: SteveMurphy

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
The lock screen doesn't come up....pressing power button takes directly home screen... No lock pattern works
Sent from Hell using SGH-I777

What? The lockscreen works fine, and lock pattern most definitely works. I know you're an MIUI guy; sounds like you've jacked something up in your dealings with that rom.

Flash this file (thanks to mattern and drakester for the zip) and your problem will be solved.

http://db.tt/nHBOMh0W

Sent from the i777

Last edited:
Reactions: sk8ordie0

badblood_antony

Feb 19, 2010
Mumbai
What? The lockscreen works fine, and lock pattern most definitely works. I know you're an MIUI guy; sounds like you've jacked something up in your dealings with that rom.

Flash this file (thanks to mattern and drakester for the zip) and your problem will be solved.

http://db.tt/nHBOMh0W

Sent from the i777

Don't know y but all the stock apps don't work...screen flashes and goes back...no my lockscreen is in interface option...

Boats4life

Feb 13, 2012
So far, not a single issue with build 5, but something wierd just happened... I dropped my phone (idiot move, I know) and the battery popped out (oh, great) but when I popped it back in and rebooted, my battery life went from 30% to 7%.

WTF?

I can't figure it out for the life of me...

Sledutah

Apr 13, 2007
Utah
So far, not a single issue with build 5, but something wierd just happened... I dropped my phone (idiot move, I know) and the battery popped out (oh, great) but when I popped it back in and rebooted, my battery life went from 30% to 7%.

WTF?

I can't figure it out for the life of me...

Well known and documented problem with the SII. If you leave it the level will go up. Not ROM related.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: SteveMurphy

oddspec

Sep 28, 2011
palm bay
Google Pixel 7
Well known and documented problem with the SII. If you leave it the level will go up. Not ROM related.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Ya easiest way to not have it happen if time allows make sure the phone is plugged in before reboot completes boot screen logo and it wont work

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Don't know y but all the stock apps don't work...screen flashes and goes back...no my lockscreen is in interface option...

Ya sounds like u didn't wipe/format system

JBallin4life27

Sep 4, 2010
I only have this problem on this ROM...I like this ROM but this is my only issue and I don't know what to attribute it to. Any ideas, advice, and suggestions on what the cause and the solution could be would be greatly appreciated. This is the popup function on Handcent SMS (fav SMS app).

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368663152597.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368663152597.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 189

oddspec

Sep 28, 2011
palm bay
Google Pixel 7
I only have this problem on this ROM...I like this ROM but this is my only issue and I don't know what to attribute it to. Any ideas, advice, and suggestions on what the cause and the solution could be would be greatly appreciated. This is the popup function on Handcent SMS (fav SMS app).

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

What's the issue mite be DPI related ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    SlimBean 4.2.2 Build7

Additional note:

Slim should now also work on the SGH-S959G (untested).

If coming from 4.1 (Slim Bean 3.x) do a full wipe. In case of an upgrade (Beta1->Beta2) wipe cache/dalvik and only do full wipe if you have any problems.
    New weekly is up and it contains new opensource RIL and SlimKernel! :good:
    Build 4.2 is ready for download (finally)! Have fun!
    Build 5 released! Have fun guys :good: