[Q]Rooted Desire C crashes when 'system granted superuser permissions' [w/ logcat]

Search This thread

TheAirHideous

May 12, 2014
Hi there, I'm a long time reader, first time poster who has recently rooted their handset. I had initially flashed CM10 onto my phone along with the Prometheus kernel but then switched back to the stock HTC Sense ROM with the stock kernel. Recently, my phone has been crashing several times throughout the day and I've noticed that on most occasions, a text box from the Superuser app pops up with the message 'system has been granted superuser access' just before it crashes. Denying the system superuser access seems to have no effect. The list of apps I have installed apart from the regular apps on the ROM and Superuser goes as follows:

• 1Mobile Market
  • Ask.fm
  • CatLog
  • Chrome
  • CropTool+
  • GPlayer
  • Greenify
  • Instagram
  • Livestream
  • My Boy! Free
  • Nova Launcher
  • PieControl
  • PitchLab
  • Pokemon Online
  • QuizUp
  • Show Box
  • SoundCloud
  • Titanium Backup
  • Twitch
  • Twitter
  • UCCW
  • WhatsApp
  • YouTube

I also have a logcat from when I began recording the log to when the phone crashed during regular use (mostly on the Twitch app). Unfortunately, the file size is too large and I cannot upload URLs. I shall enclose a shortened version, but if the full version is required, please say so.

As you can understand this has been infuriating for me and I really do not want to have to resort to wiping the system, so if anyone can identify where the issue lies and what can be done about it, that would be most appreciated.

Logcat: View attachment 2014-05-12-03-37-12Shortened.txt

Antagonist42

Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
When you have reflashed the ROM did you wipe the dalvik-cache and Cache beforehand?

You can have oddities happen if not ;)

You could use TWRP/CWM recovery to wipe them and see if this cures it.

I've not checked your logs as this is something I'm slowly trying to get my head around in time (I'd not be much help with that yet ;) )

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C