3250 mAh battery review (stock battery size)

Search This thread

spfraggle

Sep 18, 2009
Mugen is a quality product. They are proven batteries in that when you get one you know it'll work, last as long as it claims and won't harm your device. I've used them in the past and I can't fault them or their customer service. I had originally bought the 4500mah battery but a month after getting it they released the 5400mah battery for the same price and they were fine in doing an exchange for the new product. Certainly can't fault them on customer service or product quality.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
Mugen is a quality product. They are proven batteries in that when you get one you know it'll work, last as long as it claims and won't harm your device. I've used them in the past and I can't fault them or their customer service. I had originally bought the 4500mah battery but a month after getting it they released the 5400mah battery for the same price and they were fine in doing an exchange for the new product. Certainly can't fault them on customer service or product quality.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Thank you :)

G0bl1n

May 7, 2009
it only has 2700mAh

Waiting to hear from people,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160773578553#ht_4720wt_786 this the one to order if its a good battery?

Don't order 3250mAh, it only has ~2700mAh. I measured the capacity using this device:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1645?page=2
and it only has 2700mAh. I tried 4 types of batteries, the real highest capacity I found (real 3000mAh) is this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260995972702?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

That's the one I'm using...

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Did you get the 3250mAh battery yet ?, if so how did it stack up against the others you've purchased ?.

Yes, I did buy 3250 mAh, but it's a waste of money. I used it for a week and then measured the capacity by doing full discharge/charge/discharge cycle. Both charge and discharge cycles show only 2700mAh. It's still better than stock battery, but it's 20% less than the statet capacity. The highest capacity battery I found so far (standard size) is this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260995972702?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

I just got a 3250 one from Amazon. It was already at 50% so I charged it up to full. I then went out on a hike where I had the GPS on. It gradually went down to 5% where the screen flickered and went black, and that's it!

It won't charge at all now, seems totally dead as the screen remains black when I plug it in. Left it in overnight and there isn't a squeak so not impressed.

If you bought it from Amazon you can easily return or exchange it, Amazon has pretty good customer service...

Reactions: Goodm7sn and p107r0

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
Don't order 3250mAh, it only has ~2700mAh. I measured the capacity using this device:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1645?page=2
and it only has 2700mAh. I tried 4 types of batteries, the real highest capacity I found (real 3000mAh) is this one:

That's the one I'm using...

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Yes, I did buy 3250 mAh, but it's a waste of money. I used it for a week and then measured the capacity by doing full discharge/charge/discharge cycle. Both charge and discharge cycles show only 2700mAh. It's still better than stock battery, but it's 20% less than the statet capacity. The highest capacity battery I found so far (standard size) is this one:

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

If you bought it from Amazon you can easily return or exchange it, Amazon has pretty good customer service...

Trying to understand what you mean is

The 3250mAh battery only has 2700mAh,
but the 3000mAh is what it claims (the full 3000)

& also want to know if people who got this battery did follow instrutions:-

To get the best out of your battery please follow the instructions below:

1) When you receive your new battery, take it out of its packaging and insert it into your electronic device. Turn your device on and drain your battery until you’re left with 1 bar of power. Then charge your device for a minimum period of 12 hours. Your first charge cycle is very important, do not charge it before it is down to 1 bar.

2) After you have completed the initial charge, your battery should only be recharged once you drain it down to 1 bar of power and should be recharged for a minimum period of 6 hours for the battery to reach its full capacity. Ignore the phone telling you that the battery is full—this is normal but is not accurate.

3) Make sure that the contacts are clean.

This item also comes with a warranty, so if you experience any problems simply contact our diligent Customer Support team via email, live chat or telephone.

G0bl1n

May 7, 2009
The battery came without any specific instruction for the first usage. When you buy a phone the only instructionis to fully charge it, and i'm not sure it is related to a battery capacity. All new batteries do not have memory effect, the charge/discharge sequence shouldn't matter. More importently, when battery voltage reaches 4.2V, it doesn't matter how long you keep "charging" it after that, since there is no charging current flowing into the battery. There is a protection circuitry to prevent overchsrging the battery, otherwise it will explode. So given instruction "to keep charging it" doesn't make any sense.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

G0bl1n

May 7, 2009
I measured battery capacities using specialized device, which discharges the battery with the constant current. Knowing the current, time to discharge and monitoring battery voltage gives you real battery capacity. Battery with the claimed 3250 mAh capacity discharges quicker than the battery with 3000 mAh capacity, from a fully charged state at 4.2 V to 3.4V. In an attempt to get better sales some companies simply lie to their customers...

toygixxer69

Oct 5, 2008
The golden 3250mAh battery sucks big time. Drained it & fully charged (more than 10 hours each time) to use it 3 cycles already, and the results are the same. It has shorter life than my stock battery. So i'm just using it as a back up battery now.
So, same your money guys.

zilchie

Jul 14, 2012
hi there, new guy here (first post!)

im a bit puzzled by the mixed comments here because i personally bought the 3250 mah battery from ebay and got GREAT results

on my stock samsung battery if i fully charge it before sleep, the next day it WILL NOT last the whole day on my normal usage - semi heavy usage with a lot of browsers and facebook, music, and whatsapp

on the 3250 mah battery it lasts just fine - i checked this again and again as i was always paranoid about using OEM batteries (especially due to that news of the galaxy s3 exploding - which i later found out that the idiot was putting it in a microwave or something)

i was not able to confirm the actual capacity of the battery, even though battery stats app shows it is 3250 (is that even accurate?)

but one thing for sure is i know it does lasts longer than my stock battery - just want to add this in

vipfreak

Feb 7, 2011
Microsoft Surface Duo 2
The problem isn't that it last the problem is that down the road more long term it doesn't keep it's full charge as long as when you first got the batt. If they've improved this since the last time I owned one (EVO) then I'll be more confident about trying one again, but till then no thanks...

krazman325

Dec 10, 2010
Hey all you nattering nabobs of negativism!

I have been using the 3250 mAH battery for several months. It lasts me an entire day of fairly heavy usage, while the stock battery fell about 2 hours short of a full day. I have seen very little degredation in performance in the few months I have been using it. This battery was an excellent buy for ME at $11. I have no regrets and I have the stock as a spare! I would make this purchase again without any hesitation.
Kraz

Sent from my Beautiful, White GT-N7000 using xda premium

sudisk

Feb 7, 2012
Paris
I have a 3250 mAh battery too and I'm very happy with it. I usually charge every other day instead of every day with stock.

It is not the "Japan made„ one but one I bought from a Hong Kong retailer.

Sent from the great Note

yyn2142

Jul 18, 2012
I have a 3250 mAh battery too and I'm very happy with it. I usually charge every other day instead of every day with stock.

Sent from the great Note

Hey the seller from ebay is it "efreeport99" ? And then the name of the item is (3250mAh New Gold Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note GT N7000 I889 I9228 i717 at&t) I have just ordered this not long ago. I just wanna verify with u is the item exactly the same as u bought. I cant post the link because i'm new here :) Hope the battery is safe as the stock one.

Insane Devil

Jan 21, 2005
Hyderabad
hi there, new guy here (first post!)

im a bit puzzled by the mixed comments here because i personally bought the 3250 mah battery from ebay and got GREAT results

on my stock samsung battery if i fully charge it before sleep, the next day it WILL NOT last the whole day on my normal usage - semi heavy usage with a lot of browsers and facebook, music, and whatsapp

on the 3250 mah battery it lasts just fine - i checked this again and again as i was always paranoid about using OEM batteries (especially due to that news of the galaxy s3 exploding - which i later found out that the idiot was putting it in a microwave or something)

i was not able to confirm the actual capacity of the battery, even though battery stats app shows it is 3250 (is that even accurate?)

but one thing for sure is i know it does lasts longer than my stock battery - just want to add this in

Hey all you nattering nabobs of negativism!

I have been using the 3250 mAH battery for several months. It lasts me an entire day of fairly heavy usage, while the stock battery fell about 2 hours short of a full day. I have seen very little degredation in performance in the few months I have been using it. This battery was an excellent buy for ME at $11. I have no regrets and I have the stock as a spare! I would make this purchase again without any hesitation.
Kraz

Sent from my Beautiful, White GT-N7000 using xda premium

Sent from the great Note

hi guys.
can u all pls give the link from where you purchased your batteries from?
thanks!

sonkameja

Jun 1, 2006
What battery do we use then !?

ankers
or
gold 3250 mah

no one tell me mugen , i'm not dropping $100 on a fkn battery that is actually 2 batteries glued together like hyperions !

sudisk

Feb 7, 2012
Paris
Hey the seller from ebay is it "efreeport99" ? And then the name of the item is (3250mAh New Gold Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note GT N7000 I889 I9228 i717 at&t) I have just ordered this not long ago. I just wanna verify with u is the item exactly the same as u bought. I cant post the link because i'm new here :) Hope the battery is safe as the stock one.

This is exactly it. The only thing that I haven't really checked is the maximum screen on time, since over two days I still get about 3h screen on, but I sync quite a few services.

I hope you'll enjoy your new battery as much as I do.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

What battery do we use then !?

ankers
or
gold 3250 mah

no one tell me mugen , i'm not dropping $100 on a fkn battery that is actually 2 batteries glued together like hyperions !

I tested almost all batteries except mugen or other double sized or external batteries, only stock size ones. I can tell you that 3030 and 3500 "japan designed" batteries are extremely disappointing (I try to avoid being insulting). They were cheap and as I can afford an extra $20 I tried them. I will make this even more clear: do not buy those batteries, they are fake.

The 3250 sold by efreeport99 does it for me as I reported earlier. The only drawback that I did not mention but that may be due to not having reset battery stats: The battery is sometimes reported as "charging" even if I keep it away from a charger (I have been seeing that in battery drain app).

I previously used Anker 2700. They are good batteries with a little extra juice than stock. I keep them as spare now.

sonkameja

Jun 1, 2006
This is exactly it. The only thing that I haven't really checked is the maximum screen on time, since over two days I still get about 3h screen on, but I sync quite a few services.

I hope you'll enjoy your new battery as much as I do.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

I tested almost all batteries except mugen or other double sized or external batteries, only stock size ones. I can tell you that 3030 and 3500 "japan designed" batteries are extremely disappointing (I try to avoid being insulting). They were cheap and as I can afford an extra $20 I tried them. I will make this even more clear: do not buy those batteries, they are fake.

The 3250 sold by efreeport99 does it for me as I reported earlier. The only drawback that I did not mention but that may be due to not having reset battery stats: The battery is sometimes reported as "charging" even if I keep it away from a charger (I have been seeing that in battery drain app).

I previously used Anker 2700. They are good batteries with a little extra juice than stock. I keep them as spare now.

Thanks for the reply man

I emailed mugen and sedeio to get a review unit to post here to run it through a battery of tests but no reply yet ... the manufacturer of fake Chinese batteries get better press on these boards

alekhkhanna

Jan 16, 2010
Delhi
So 3250 mAh battery from "efreeport99" arrived today. Battery Monitor showed it as 2500mAh. Cleared battery stats and entered the value normally within the app. Will be testing it this week to see how it goes ! :good:

Last edited:

Squadra156

Sep 28, 2008
(NL) Nijmegen
After reading for ages trough this topic I also decided to buy one..!
Paid €15,90 for the battery incl shipping from Hong Kong to the Netherlands.

:good:

yyn2142

Jul 18, 2012
So 3250 mAh battery from "efreeport99" arrived today. Battery Monitor showed it as 2500mAh. Cleared battery stats and entered the value normally within the app. Will be testing it this week to see how it goes ! :good:

Do you have to first charge a new battery for 4 or 8 hours ? My 3250 mAh battery from "efreeport99" also arriving soon. I keep hearing rumors that the battery will explodes or whatever. Hope the new battery is safe.

alekhkhanna

Jan 16, 2010
Delhi
Do you have to first charge a new battery for 4 or 8 hours ? My 3250 mAh battery from "efreeport99" also arriving soon. I keep hearing rumors that the battery will explodes or whatever. Hope the new battery is safe.

It came with nearly 60% charge, though I did charge it till android notified that the charge was complete.
Been using it since it arrived and seems a bit worse than the stock battery. :/
Maybe it needs some charge discharge cycles.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's getting late......after a long day waiting for this 3250 mAh battery to go flat, here is my review for what it is worth.

I have been searching for a month to find a battery that had the capability to last me all day. Not a bulky one! One that would fit within the original case. Not make my phone look pregnant.

I wanted a battery that i could Take off charge at 8am being able to last me all day, with LIGHT to MEDIUM usage (not heavy use!), right up until I went to bed at 10 and put it back on charge.

Is this the one??? (battery photos below)

I sourced this one. It just about fits the phone. I had to peel the battery label off at all 4 corners to get it in. It's fits in fine with standard Samsung back on. No bulge. I put in straight into my phone and charged it up to 100% then took it off charge and restarted the phone.

I'm not expecting amazing results on this first drain as I am more than aware it will take 3 to 4 cycles to gain it's full effectiveness. I am however expecting it to beat my standard battery display time on this first drain as it holda 34% more charge and then improve again after 3 more days use!

My stock Samsung battery lasts normally 4 hours display time with light to medium use. I have google location turned off, brighteness to auto and i am running gingerbread LA6. Full Samsung stock fresh out of the box. No root. No mods at all. And I have all the Samsung crap turned on and registered. I have google email with 2 accounts running. I play the odd game, and text and email like crazy. I used Ebay app heavily and also surf the Web lots. There are widgets on all 7 screens running and I always have a heavy usage live wallpaper running.

Phone finally starting to go flat... I will take screen shots of battery use and upload them. With my finally thoughts and finally 1st battery use screen shots as soon as it goes flat.

And obviously I'll look forward to your valued thoughts and views and make use of your experience as I'm new to this.......hopefully won't be too long!

Bye 4 now

1st day results in.

2nd day results in..

Photos of battery weights...

3Rd day results...

Sent from a noob on a new note
    3250 video running test result

finally finished testing the batteries:
    conditions: plane mode, dark room (night), non-stop video on MX Player, brightness 0, volume 0
    batteries:
    1. stock 250mAh (weight 50g), after 2 months of heavy use
    2. gold 3250mAh from lovetomorrow (weight 50g), after 1 charging cycle
    running times:
    1. stock 2500mAh: 7:40:39 on battery
    2. gold 3250mAh: 7:50:50 on battery -> 2% longer than the stock one, well within error margin

screenshots attached

PS. rerun of test in post 416
    So you have one of these batteries have you? you've tested it have you? Your the one who's fake. Making unfounded statements you drongo

Sent from a noob on a new note

Really? I was explaining what the other guy meant by fake. Its no Mystery cheapo batteries are sold with "fake " ratings its a scam no need to get defensive due to your ignorance! I made no personal pokes at you and to respond like that proves your less than intelligent. My battery results with stock battery are better than yours so i dont need to own one to know its junk...

Enjoy spazzo

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Fair testing

Hey,

I see a lot discussion in here about these "Gold" 3250mAh. So, guess what, I did the testing. A reallife, straight forward one. I have no reason to lie ^^

My test is simple: put everything to heavy usage e.g. full brightness, GPS, WIFI, Sync on, SetCPU to performance 1.4Ghz etc. The goal: suck the battery as quick as possible. Then I charged to 100% and run Riptide GP 3D game on a loop run and leave the screen to always on.

Straight forward results with the battery I have:
    Gold 3250 mAh = ~3h10
    Samsun2500 mAh = ~3h10
    Anker 2600 mAh = ~3h10
    CS 5000m mAh (thick one) = ~6h30

There you have it. Hope it helps ^^

So, conclusion: what can you expect from a battery that weight the same, size the same and have the same technology as the Samsung one? well, the same capacity... You can dream of increased battery life in same weight and form factor, only if you have a better technology...

PS: so, with this Gold battery, if you feel you have more capacity on normal usage, then either it is a placebo effect, or you had a lighter usage than usual by coincidence...

Cheers,
    Denis
    I measured battery capacities using specialized device, which discharges the battery with the constant current. Knowing the current, time to discharge and monitoring battery voltage gives you real battery capacity. Battery with the claimed 3250 mAh capacity discharges quicker than the battery with 3000 mAh capacity, from a fully charged state at 4.2 V to 3.4V. In an attempt to get better sales some companies simply lie to their customers...