[Recovery] [07-Jan-2011] RA-passion-v2.2.1

Search This thread

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
How do i uninstall this recovery and go back the the default one?

Just flash the original recovery.img from the original shipping rom (ERD79) from hxxp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=614850, or use the recovery.img from ERE27 extracted by enomther from hxxp://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5553081&postcount=4. (could not post the links directly, so replace hxxp with http)

Boot in bootloader with your phone connected
> fastboot devices (you should see your device)
> fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
> fastboot reboot

kwanying

Nov 14, 2009
Just flash the original recovery.img from the original shipping rom (ERD79) from hxxp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=614850, or use the recovery.img from ERE27 extracted by enomther from hxxp://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5553081&postcount=4. (could not post the links directly, so replace hxxp with http)

Boot in bootloader with your phone connected
> fastboot devices (you should see your device)
> fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
> fastboot reboot

Thanks alot, :)

marsucsb

Feb 14, 2010
Yes. I've successfully installed RA-nexus-v1.5.3 on a brand new vanilla nexus-one with ERE27 OTA update. (No more exclamation mark !)

Steps I took.
1) copy recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img to root of your sdcard.
2) boot into fastboot mode (trackball + power)
3) 'Fastboot boot recovery_RA_nexus_v1.5.3.img' (this will boot with Amon-Ra's recovery, but it's not flashed yet.)
3) While in Amon-ra's recovery, do what shivers316 says,

Hope this helps.

Hello I tried using this method and was able to connect through the adb shell.

When I type the following command 'mount -a' I get:

mount -a
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /system/sd failed: No such file or directory

I can only get to Amon_Ra's recovery through 'Fastboot boot....' command.
Help! :(

shivers316

Mar 17, 2006
Ridgefield Park
Hello I tried using this method and was able to connect through the adb shell.

When I type the following command 'mount -a' I get:

mount -a
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /system/sd failed: No such file or directory

I can only get to Amon_Ra's recovery through 'Fastboot boot....' command.
Help! :(

Don't worry about it failing. That happens to everyone. Just complete the entire process.

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
Can the backup folders be manually renamed? Or will that corrupt the backup? Like I would like to give the backups my own names.

denimjunkie82

Jan 14, 2010
San Diego
If the triangle with exclamation is showing when selecting RECOVERY from HBOOT, then flashing the recovery partition failed. In point 3 you say "success" but I take that to mean it did not report any errors during flashing. Try it again with Fastboot. You can initiate recovery from ADB. With the phone connected to the PC type:
Code:
ADB devices
ADB reboot recovery
Your phone will reboot into the custom recovery if it was successfully flashed.

If not, then restart the phone into FASTBOOT by holding the TRACKBALL+POWER. Confirm the recovery file you downloaded is able to run:
Code:
Fastboot boot recovery_RA_nexus_v1.5.3.img
If this works, then repeat the step to restart the phone, and then flash the recovery image to the phone to make it permanent.
Code:
Fastboot flash recovery recovery_RA_nexus_v1.5.3.img

These steps assume either your SDK tools are set properly in the environment path so you can execute them from any command prompt location or fastboot and the img file to flash are in the same directory.

I just used the adb instructions from the other threads...

Copy recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2H.img to the root of your sdcard
Boot into your current custom recovery (boot while holding HOME)
Connect your phone via usb to your pc/mac/...
adb shell
$su (not required if you have root already)
#mount -a
#flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-nexus-1.5.3.img

Hi all,

I am having the exclamation mark error as well. I can only enter NA Recovery using fastboot boot.

However, when coming off a stand-alone reboot into the bootloader > recovery > i get the exclamation mark.

I am not rooted yet. I have 2.1 update-1

I've tried shiver's method above within RA Recovery, and it says "flashing recovery from blahblah...img". Then after a fresh reboot, I am still getting exclamation point.

I've also tried codington's method above. After flashboot booting RA recovery, and then re-flashing RA recovery, then re-booting within flashboot and then going back directly to bootloader > recovery, I can access RA. However, upon a fresh reboot from ROM to bootloader > recovery, I am again getting the exclamation point.

Anyone have any ideas? I the image is there and I've already created a nand backup, it just doesn't default to it...

p.s. I notice that while HBOOT is loading...it suddenly flashes with "loading PASSING .nhh...no image or wrong image!" but I can't catch what it says exactly because it disappears right away. I'm not sure what it's supposed to say here or if it's related.

p.p.s. I also noticed that as long as I successfully boot NA and then stay within fastboot/bootloader/recovery partitions, I can also boot back into NA. However, once I go into the rom and do a soft reboot there (or ADB reboot recovery), I get the exclamation point again and have to start over.

FIXED - Apparently, I found out that the RA recovery can only be flashed successfully AFTER rooting. I was trying to make RA work before I root...which was the wrong order. So RA can be booted manually, but it can only be defaulted after root.

Last edited:

codington

Sep 12, 2009
KunShan, JiangSu, PRC
Can the backup folders be manually renamed? Or will that corrupt the backup? Like I would like to give the backups my own names.

You can rename the backup folders, just make sure you have one continuous naming convention (no spaces). Even renaming with spaces will not corrupt the backup images; just that the nandroid shell script will not be able to read the folder names.

mrandroid

Jun 25, 2009
Miami
www.darklome.com
For those having trouble:

Boot into Fastboot

make sure it says fastboot-usb

install the recovery "fastboot flash recovery <filename>"

WAIT about 1 min... After 1 min THEN reboot and try your recovery

rb_darryl

Feb 18, 2010
recovery-ra-nexus-v.1.5.3.img WONT FLASH ON DEVICE?!?!

I dont post much and read alot. After careful consiteration i finally decided to "Unlock" my Nexus One. Now 1st this is not my 1st go round with rooted devices. So with that on to the problem..

Everytime I try to flash the Amon RA recovery 'command prompt' tells me that the image cannot be flashed????

I have the .img in the adb file folder I can assess everythign else even tried re doing the bootloader and system told me the phone was unlocked... so if there is something I am missing please fill me in! Thanks.

I can be reached on Twitter as well
dkemp4prez

bofslime

Jan 16, 2009
Orlando
re-download your bootloader image and verify the md5 is correct. I had an issue with a corrupt image when I did mine.

Common Sense

Feb 14, 2010
confused

It seems I cannot make it work despite a lot of effort, I hope you guys can help me.

First I have put the recovery file recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img on the root of the sd card in the phone.

I then reboot following these instructions:
1) copy recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img to root of your sdcard.
2) boot into fastboot mode (trackball + power)
3) 'Fastboot boot recovery_RA_nexus_v1.5.3.img' (this will boot with Amon-Ra's recovery, but it's not flashed yet.)
3) While in Amon-ra's recovery, do what shivers316 says,

1 and 2 is no problem, I successfully enter the fastboot mode. I also got "FASBOOT USB" written there and usb cable connected. So far so good.

But step 3 I cannot understand, Should I somehow type the command 'Fastboot boot recovery_RA_nexus_v1.5.3.img' using the soft keyboard when I am in this menu? Or should this complete sentence be in the menu?:confused: that is one of the options should read like that whole string and I just press it?

I have 4 options in the "FASTBOOT USB" menu:
BOOTLOADER - brings HBOOT menu
REBOOT - reboots the phone :)
REBOOT BOOTLOADER - restarts bootloader :)
POWER DOWN - turns off the phone :)

If I press BOOTLOADER and then arrive at the menu HBOOT:
FASTBOOT - Search sd card for a zip file and says fail, quickly returns to menu, no chance to see what it writes, too fast. I can see it writes fail something.
RECOVERY - Gives me the droid with the ! warning triangle next to it.
CLEAR STORAGE - never tried, don't think it can help.
SIMLOCK - probably not.

Conclusion:
It seems I follow all the steps exactly as I should, and all is fine until I reach 3, please help, what does it mean? :) How am I suppose to do this step? :)

Any help greatly appreciated.

CS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.

This recovery is for the HTC Nexus One only, if you have a :
    - HTC Dream/G1 you should go here.
    - HTC Magic/MT3G you should go here.
    - HTC Hero you should go here.
    - HTC Sprint Hero you should go here.
    - HTC Eris you should go here.
    - HTC Tattoo you should go here.

Important notes
    • Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
      You can do this by doing :
      • "cat /tmp/recovery.log" OR "cat /cache/recovery/log" right after you had the issue.
      • Use the "move log to sd" option in the "others" menu right after you had the issue. This will move the log to /sdcard/recovery.log so you can easily open it with a text editor.

Features

Use the trackball (up+down) to navigate through the menu, press the trackball to select items. Use the Volume-down key to go back to a previous menu.

Features
    • full ADB access in recovery mode
    • Alternative CM and JF version
    • Busybox v1.15.3
    • Kernel (2.6.35.7) with ext3 + ext4 support
    • SLCD and AMOLED support
    • HW-Key navigation (Trackball + Volume-key) option
    • Extended menu :
      • Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
      • USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
      • Backup/Restore
        • Nand backup :: Make a selective Nandroid backup
        • Nand restore :: Restore a Nandroid backup
        • Backup Google proprietary system files :: Makes a backup of the Google proprietary system files in /cache/google
        • Restore Google proprietary system files :: Restores the Google proprietary system files from /cache/google
      • Flash zip from sdcard.
        • Choose zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from any (sub)-directory on your sdcard
        • Toggle signature verification :: Toggles the signature verification for zip files.
      • Wipe
        • Wipe ALL data/factory reset :: wipes /data + /cache + entire ext partition + all apps installed on your sdcard (froyo a2sd).
        • Wipe /data :: wipes /data.
        • Wipe /cache :: wipes /cache.
        • Wipe /sdcard/.android_secure :: wipes all apps installed on your sdcard (froyo a2sd).
        • Wipe /sd-ext :: wipes the entire ext partition on your sd (if present).
        • Wipe Dalvik-cache :: wipes the dalvik-cache located in /cache + /data + /sd-ext is present.
        • Wipe battery stats :: reset the battery calibration.
        • Wipe rotate settings :: reset the sensor calibration.
      • Partition sdcard
        • Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
        • Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
        • SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
        • SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4
      • Mounts
        • (Un)Mount /system
        • (Un)Mount /cache
        • (Un)Mount /data
        • (Un)Mount /sd-ext
        • (Un)Mount /sdcard
      • Other
        • Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
        • Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
      • Power off :: Powers off your phone
    • Scripts available via adb :

Install

Pre-Requirements :
    • Root
    • Make sure that init.rc isn't calling any install-recovery.sh script, otherwise you'll boot back to stock recovery (exclamation mark with a little Android). More info on this here.

via Rom Manager
    1. Download "Rom Manager" from the Android market
    2. Start "Rom Manager"
    3. Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait for it to finish
    4. Select "Flash Alternate Recovery" and wait for it to finish -> this will install the latest version of RA recovery.

via fastboot
    Code:
    Copy recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img to a location where fastboot can find it.
    Boot your phone into fastboot mode (power on while holding the trackball)
    Connect your phone via usb to your pc/mac/...
    fastboot devices (to make sure that fastboot "sees" your phone)
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img

via terminal app
    Code:
    Copy recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img to the root of your sdcard
    start the terminal app
    su(press enter)
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img(press enter)
    reboot recovery(press enter)

How to boot in Recovery Mode

1. Boot the phone while holding down the VOLUMEDOWN-key.
    2. Navigate to RECOVERY with the the VOLUMEDOWN-key.
    3. Press the POWER-key to select.

Download

ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the zip isn't corrupted.

Latest version :

Previous versions :

Change-log :

v2.2.1
    • Nandroid backup is now selective, boot/system/cache/data are selected by default.
    • Nandroid checks if there's at least 500MB free on SDcard before starting a backup.
    • Added/updated error/warning messages.

v2.1.1
    • Fixed ext4 support in kernel! Update from v2.x if you are using sd-ext!

v2.1.0
    • Reduced recovery size by 800kb so it fits any hboot version to date :
      • Set Kernel compression mode to LZMA (33% smaller kernel)
      • Switched kernel debugging off
      • Removed : Networking support - Bluetooth subsystem support
      • Removed : Device Drivers - Misc device - AKM8973 Compass Driver
      • Removed : Device Drivers - Misc device - A1026 Voice Processor Driver
      • Removed : Device Drivers - Multimedia support
      • Removed : Device Drivers - MSM 3D Graphics driver for Adreno class GPU's
    • Nandroid now backups the entire content of /sd-ext , not just the apps. This fixes bootloops of certain restored roms.
    • Moved the "Toggle signature verification"-option from the Other- to the main flash-submenu.
    • Re-ordered the wipe menu.

v2.0.0
    Some things in v2.0.0 were kanged with a twist from the Clockworkmod recovery.
    • Updated kernel to 2.6.35 (SLCD and AMOLED are now both supported).
    • Added SDEXT support for update scripts.
    • Added "filebrowser" support when you select a zip to flash.
    • Added "/.." support to the filebrowser so you can navigate up.
    • Added a mount menu so you can manually (u)mount stuff.
    • Added a toggle verification switch so you can flash those awesome unsigned winrar rom releases...
    • Fully re-wrote the wipe menu (it's not using a script anymore), added a few new wipe options.
    • Added "/sdcard/.android_secure" support , nandroid now backups/restores .android_secure (Froyo a2sd apps) by default.
    • Added a few new Google apps to the Google app backup script.

Special thanks to :
    • packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
    • Koushik Dutta for all his recovery work ^^
    • Cyanogen for his dedicated work! , buy him a beer!
    • Chris Soyars for the new Apps2SD method ^^
    • JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate
    • pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid :)
    • Bkmo for his utility script!
    • Devsk for his switchrom script!
    • 51dusty for his sdparted script!
    • k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
    • Devsk, Dumfuq, Overground for creating BART :D
    • rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
    • http://www.androidspin.com for hosting ^^
    [Recovery] [27-Dec-2010] RA-nexus-v2.1.1

Reserved for future use
    The site is down! Can someone upload the file again??

See attachment
    updated to v2.2.1

Change-log :

v2.2.1
    • Nandroid backup is now selective, boot/system/cache/data are selected by default.
    • Nandroid checks if there's at least 500MB free on SDcard before starting a backup.
    • Added/updated error/warning messages.
    updated to v2.1.1

Changelog : v2.1.1
    • Fixed ext4 support in kernel! Update from v2.x if you are using sd-ext!