[Q] Owners in the US having problems? (Please Help)

Search This thread
Mar 14, 2011
So I stalked the release of this tablet and was told there was going to be a late US release. I grabbed one off of e-bay and have been extraordinarily happy with it less a few issues.
Is anyone else unable to claim the free movies (Captain Phelps, and the other 5)
Anything coming from the xperia lounge is telling me "The voucher is currently not available, please try again later" is anyone else having the issue or are these benefits just region locked?
I don't have a warranty due to the fact that the US won't honor a warranty from overseas so can anyone tell me what I'll be losing from root.

Sorry if these things have already been asked, I've searched through the forums but may have missed it.

Crozar

Dec 14, 2012
So I stalked the release of this tablet and was told there was going to be a late US release. I grabbed one off of e-bay and have been extraordinarily happy with it less a few issues.
Is anyone else unable to claim the free movies (Captain Phelps, and the other 5)
Anything coming from the xperia lounge is telling me "The voucher is currently not available, please try again later" is anyone else having the issue or are these benefits just region locked?
I don't have a warranty due to the fact that the US won't honor a warranty from overseas so can anyone tell me what I'll be losing from root.

Sorry if these things have already been asked, I've searched through the forums but may have missed it.

i hope some1 answers these questions for u due to the fact that my z2 tablet cant run and needs more drying time , could u please tell me if their is any cracking sounds inside the bezel when holding the tablet with 1 hand ? heres a video of what i mean watch from 50 seconds on-wards http://youtu.be/QW1A0SuaUIQ , i want to know if u have a feel sound inside the chasis . because their is around 20 people who complained about this from what i know, and hundreds in singapore complaining about the z2 phone also. Thank you.

Res215dg

Mar 16, 2009
Running into the same issue- freebies have not been unlocked for our region yet, just wait and they should be available soon

Mar 14, 2011
No issue with "crunchy" sound but I haven't yet submerged my tablet, I also don't see a reason to do it willingly, I'm looking at it as more of a feature that is there in case of accident, not to play angry birds under water lol. Songy says that the content is region locked and that the freebies along with some features will only work in the country of origin. The only way I can think of to get around this would be to rout your network to the country of origin through a proxy server and hope for the best. It's going to take me a few weeks but I'm attempting to flash US systems on my tab, hardware is identical in all units so it should be possible, I'll post with updates if/when they happen.

Mar 14, 2011
Running into the same issue- freebies have not been unlocked for our region yet, just wait and they should be available soon

try downloading the PC companion http://www.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/ and perform the update. Im getting ready to root. 16 gb aint cutting it and i have a spare 64Gb card hanging out so here goes nothing. Has anyone managed to get xperia lounge to work in the states yet? There must be a way to get it working...