Xperia Z1S C6916 ROMS?

Search This thread

troby86

Sep 27, 2008
Texas
Hello,

Yesterday I picked up a T-Mobile Z1S and rooted it via TowelRoot, installed a custom recovery, and manually debloated the /system. Which is all good, however, I want to know if any of the ROMS here in this forum can be flashed to it, considering the Z1 and Z1S have the same processor. Anyone have experience doing this? Thanks.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

ayuready1989

Jan 5, 2008
Just Wait On It

Hello,

Yesterday I picked up a T-Mobile Z1S and rooted it via TowelRoot, installed a custom recovery, and manually debloated the /system. Which is all good, however, I want to know if any of the ROMS here in this forum can be flashed to it, considering the Z1 and Z1S have the same processor. Anyone have experience doing this? Thanks.

*In My Drake Voice* Just Wait On It ;P:cool:

Reactions: DirtySant0

hal3146

Jul 15, 2007
I could not get towel root to work with my z1s. You just ran it and had root?

I have tried a couple yes with no luck.

Hello,

troby86

Sep 27, 2008
Texas
I rooted a little different than others. First I used the jcase method, installed the dual recovery and installed SuperSU. From there, I installed TowelRoot and ran it, rebooted, then flashed the latest v2 SuperSU. Sounds a little redundant I know, however, now I have permanent root, and also read/write permissions in /system, even after reboot, without running those ADB commands all the time.

troby86

Sep 27, 2008
Texas
I'll try to get a good system dump from my Z1S, and release a ROM that doesn't affect the kernel, which should be able to be flashed via recovery. Since the ROM will only be /system mods, it shouldn't matter if the boot loader is locked still. Inform me please if I'm mistaken.

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
I'll try to get a good system dump from my Z1S, and release a ROM that doesn't affect the kernel, which should be able to be flashed via recovery. Since the ROM will only be /system mods, it shouldn't matter if the boot loader is locked still. Inform me please if I'm mistaken.

I think that should be right, I thought the bootloader only prevents booting if the kernel isn't supported/allowed

Reactions: troby86

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator

No, you are correct.

As long as it runs on a stock kernel then you can have a locked bootloader. the whole of the development section is full of roms like that
The original development section is for mods/roms that need a custom kernel or a non stock boot.img

Reactions: artojeda1988

artojeda1988

Aug 12, 2009
No, you are correct.

As long as it runs on a stock kernel then you can have a locked bootloader. the whole of the development section is full of roms like that
The original development section is for mods/roms that need a custom kernel or a non stock boot.img

does this mean i can flash a rom with stock kernel?
has any one been able to create a back up nan?

KoolAidBigMan

Aug 17, 2008
This thread caught my attention. Has anyone had luck with flashing a rom with stock kernal using dual recovery? I will be attempting this later in the evening and I will post my results

KoolAidBigMan

Aug 17, 2008
After multiple issues I was finally able to get dual recovery with root last night. After sifting through the forums looking through roms, all of them required different firmwares, will the c6916 take firmwares from other z1 devices. If so then as the above poster said, there is loads of roms in the development section that will worked with locked bootloader. The only reason I ask is the posts list different device model numbers and the c6916 is not listed on any.

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
I would be very careful I hope you have insurance.
Kk update will come soon.

Sent from my C6916 using xda premium

KoolAidBigMan

Aug 17, 2008
All attempts were failed attempt, next I will try to make the phone belive it's a different model and then try a refresh.

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
You need to learn how to port.
Did you even get to bootinmation.
No cm will boot with locked bootloader.

troby86

Sep 27, 2008
Texas
Our devices have a 4.3 kernel that cannot be changed due to the bootloader being locked. Flashing a 4.4.X ROM will most likely not boot due to needing a 4.4 kernel as well. However, 4.3 ROMS modified to not flash the kernel, just the /system should boot fine.

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
When trying to boot another custom stock rom make sure you change the.
1. Libandroid-runtime-so.
2. Libandroid-servers-so.
Without not changing these it will not usually not boot up.

smxaz61

Oct 9, 2011
In my phone configuration it says
Bootloader unlock allowed: yes

Does this mean I can unlock my bootloader?
I have xperia z1s from tmo..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using cyanogenmod z1 on my Xperia Z1s. I was able to unlock bootloader on developer.sonymobile.com. The only thing to keep in mind is:
    1) Z1 firmwares are using 16gb of on-board storage instead of 32Gb
    2) You have to manually replace z1 (i'm using c6906) /etc/sensor_def_qcomdev.conf by the file taken from TMO C6916 firmware - if you don't do that - you will have wrong screen rotation behavior.
    Actually, there are no roms yet, but you can deodex your current rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783626
    Just Wait On It

Hello,

*In My Drake Voice* Just Wait On It ;P:cool:

I think that should be right, I thought the bootloader only prevents booting if the kernel isn't supported/allowed
    This is all very exciting! Once I'm not in the middle of a time when I really need my phone working I'm definitely going to try this.
    Anyone else have success? Also any updates about ROM or kernel installations?
    @shefys Which specific cyanogenmod for the regular Z1 did you install? or did several different versions work? (From your various posts it seems like you've had success with both stock and cyanogenmod roms)

I might be trying to do this tonight, I'll report back.

Edit: oops actually gonna try the other one that can be done without unlocking since I didn't have any luck with that part.