[ROM][Deprecated] CyanogenMod 9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

joshts0

Oct 25, 2006
I'm still researching, but haven't found anything yet... Are there issues with it corrupting the sd card ? It's happened to me a couple of times so far... So annoying!

Sent from my HP Touchpad

wtogami

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2010
I'm still researching, but haven't found anything yet... Are there issues with it corrupting the sd card ? It's happened to me a couple of times so far... So annoying!

sdcard is one of the first things that fail on a phone. noobnl's sdcard died yesterday. I personally have never experienced sdcard corruption. If you do, I would suspect failure.

LTV

No might :D absolutely needs to flash latest gapps as well.

There is a noticeable improvement with battery life. Just wipe cache and dalvik first if youre gonna flash over a2. You also might need to flash the latest gapps too.

Gotcha, thank you.

Dumb question #2. This was my first time using a different Kernel, do I need to wipe everything because of that? Just makin' sure. Thanks y'all. Just trying to get
this battery life up!

styles420

Nov 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21
the easiest way i found to do it, was mount USB, look through a couple folders till you find it (make sure you have show hidden files turned on in windows) and just copy the .nomedia file you find into any of the folders you don't want it to scan.

Even easier - enter the directory that you wish to exclude (e.g. cd /sdcard/ExcludeMe) - you can use adb shell from a computer, terminal emulator from your phone, any method that provides access to your phone's command line interface will do

Once in the desired directory, type 'touch .nomedia' to create a blank file named .nomedia (if the file already exists, the touch command simply updates the 'last accessed' time stamp)

You can also just type the full path to the desired location, eliminating the need to change directory (cd - see where the letters came from?):
'touch /sdcard/somepathtoadirectory/.nomedia'

I recommend actually going to the desired directory, because typing the full path increases the odds of a mistake.

There is nothing special about the .nomedia file. In fact, the only thing that matters is the name :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
yaaaaaay dock sound redirect works perfect. does the DSP manager work through the dock audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beta 0 has been released. This thread is now deprecated. Please see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1536238

CM9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G
    The Epic CM team is proud to announce the release of CyanogenMod 9 alpha 5 for Sprint's Samsung Epic 4G.
    This is VERY NEW so please read these pages carefully before you proceed with testing.

BUG REPORTS:
    Please check if your bug is already known in the Epic CM Issue Tracker.

Do not report bugs if it has anything to do with:

• Non-standard CM9 kernels
    • Voicemail - already several solutions for that problem.
    • Already listed on the CM9 Status page

CM9 Status
    CM9 alpha5 Release Notes and Changelog

If you appreciate our work, please consider supporting the Epic CM team.

Circle us on Google+!
    [reserved]

From the Epic CM G+ Stream:

2012-02-20-230953.png

IMG_20120217_111458.jpg

IMG_20120217_111600.jpg

IMG_20120217_111620.jpg

Thank you!
    To the devs, I'd like to thank you for all the work you've done on CM9 so far. As far as testing this, the only issue I've had so far is just the battery. It's really weird when using a extended life battery(1800mah) and not getting much usage as the 1500mah battery. But using Rom Toolbox and adjusting the settings, I've managed to pull 10hrs at 71% with light to moderate use. I'm sure that whenever you guys do get all the bugs worked out, it's gonna be a really great rom. Everything is running pretty good for me...though I don't use all the apps that others are using. I do, however, get 4g usage while there is no 4g in the state of Oklahoma at this time. Used it in a store where 3G and phone call didn't work because of signal loses.

As for the donation part...being on a fixed income has its' drawbacks especially when there are more bills to be paid than your income allows. I for one, believe that donations for your achievements are well earned. Thanks guys for taking the time to bring us ICS.

Don't ever feel obligated to donate. That's not the intention.

It's an option for those that like to show gratitude by letting money talk.

Personally, I've always though of a thanks as more than adequate for doing something that we actually enjoy doing.

So thank you.
    How to and review video will be up tonight!