Tutorial: How to Restore Your Galaxy Tab 10.1 back to stock using ODIN

Search This thread

melbe

Apr 11, 2009
Will this wipe all my photos and personal stuff??

Sent From My Galaxy S3 Boricua 100%

+1
My 10.1 is caught in a Bootloop after playing around with Apex Themes. I have some saved Sketches from AutoDesk in a folder and am desperately trying to save them :crying: and all custom roms require a full wipe first. :crying: So maybe a flash of the stock rom works and won't delete those folders?

I don't care if settings or messages are lost, and I read that some flashes leave the saved files untouched...I appreciate any help! :crying:

eushaun99

Feb 8, 2013
Subang Jaya
+1
My 10.1 is caught in a Bootloop after playing around with Apex Themes. I have some saved Sketches from AutoDesk in a folder and am desperately trying to save them :crying: and all custom roms require a full wipe first. :crying: So maybe a flash of the stock rom works and won't delete those folders?

I don't care if settings or messages are lost, and I read that some flashes leave the saved files untouched...I appreciate any help! :crying:

If your stuff is stored in your SD card then a full wipe won't delete them.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

melbe

Apr 11, 2009
If your stuff is stored in your SD card then a full wipe won't delete them.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

Thank you! I just noticed that I that this is the Tab 10.1. forum - unfortunately I have a note 10.1 and and a wipe/factory reset would delete my internal (not external) SD. Thank you anway!

chantak

Oct 26, 2013
Hong Kong
Thanks so much
Save my friends` tab

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Where can I dig Odin files

I am noob soory

DougGtab

Nov 13, 2013
galaxy p7500 won't show

What to do when you've unccessfully tried to intall ICS and somehow screwed up in such a way that the device won't make it past the starting samsung screen? I need to drag the Rom file back to tabs internal storage so I can install from zip on recovery but it wony even show on pc anymore. Please help.

Here's a quick step as well from my memory only, I just did this 2 days ago.

0. Ensure the tablet is at least 50% charged and is turned off.
1. Download Samsung USB driver and install on your PC.
2. Download Odin and extract to a folder.
3. Download the correct stock firmware from sammobile.com/firmware OR from samsung-updates.com. I would prefer the latest one. I got the Dec 20 2012 New Zealand for P7510. Extract the MD5 file on the folder where you placed Odin.
4. Run Odin as Administrator, tick on PDA, and choose the firmware file (extension is MD5). Leave the other options as is. Odin will take a minute or so to process the firmware.
5. While tablet still off, plug the USB cable on the samsung connector on the tablet. Don't insert in the PC yet.
6. Turn on the tablet by holding POWER and the VOLUME DOWN button to enter the recovery. Using the VOLUME DOWN button, move the highlight to the "Download Mode" (the right option), and press VOLUME UP button to choose it, and Continue after the warning.
7. Now connect the other end of the USB cable on the PC where Odin is waiting.
8. Click START in Odin and wait for it to finish. The tablet will reboot when done.
9. If for some reason it hangs on SAMSUNG startup, repeat step 6 above but choose the left option (instead of download mode), and do a factory reset, and reboot the tablet after.
10. Done. Pure stock.

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
What to do when you've unccessfully tried to intall ICS and somehow screwed up in such a way that the device won't make it past the starting samsung screen? I need to drag the Rom file back to tabs internal storage so I can install from zip on recovery but it wony even show on pc anymore. Please help.

I think there is a way using adb, but I'm not qualified to help.
I think in all roms install instruction it should say always leave a rom on your tabjust in case of problems.
I learned this lesson the hard way also.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using XDA Premium HD app

DougGtab

Nov 13, 2013
please anyone HeLp

Please help guys. My tab is frozen and useless. How am I supposed to upload a new ROM if it is not recognized by the computer?

DougGtab

Nov 13, 2013
what is Adb

Omg..don't say that lol. Whats adb btw? There's gotta be a solution for the ones that did not remember to perform a backup and stuff.

I think there is a way using adb, but I'm not qualified to help.
I think in all roms install instruction it should say always leave a rom on your tabjust in case of problems.
I learned this lesson the hard way also.

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
Omg..don't say that lol. Whats adb btw? There's gotta be a solution for the ones that did not remember to perform a backup and stuff.

Go register at Sammobile.com find your stock firmware download it and flash it in odin.
If odin won't recognize your tab hopefully someone with some knowledge of pushing a zip to your tab will come help with adb.

batmaster911

Dec 8, 2013
Go register at Sammobile.com find your stock firmware download it and flash it in odin.
If odin won't recognize your tab hopefully someone with some knowledge of pushing a zip to your tab will come help with adb.

I ahve been trying to get a firmware for my 10.1 with no luck at all, every link i find is for hotfile and sammobile says that they are transitioning to another server blah blah blah....

I have the Rogers 10.1 3g and im trying to get P7500RUXLH2. If anyone can help out it would be appreciated.

larrylong

Feb 20, 2011
need full stock firmware for tmobile t-859

Me too, I got problem as belows:
1. Tablet is not charge even plug in AC.
2. I only enter downloading mode but it seems from another tab ( exactly like the download mode of phone galaxy note2, I do not know why.)
3. I need stock firmware for t-859 ( 4 files: PDA,CSC,Modem, Booteloader to recue my tab )
4. Unlucky, all supported files are on hotfile website, they were closed.
Anybody help out out this problem. I am highly appreciated

slavraf

May 20, 2014
Hi,

I hope there is someone out there with the knowledge to help me!

I have a Galaxy 10.1 p7510 and it has automatically entered itself into the 'no kernel' mode and is requesting ODIN blah blah

I am able to use the volume and power button to enter the updating mode but it will not allow me to select the left option which again leaves me with the ODIN mode.

I have downloaded the required ODIN (v1.85) and numerous .tar files as described above...............but everyone seems to fail.

all I get is a lot red text on my tablet saying various 'write error'

Please help a newbie im really stuck and my kids are about to endure a 12 hour car journey with no entertainment exception of 'I spy'!!

Cheers

urwifeismyslave

Jun 14, 2011
can someone help me. i need to restore my tab to stock but i cant find the original firmware. every link i check is broken. if anyone can help please

kristotab

Oct 12, 2015
Hi, i have galaxy tab 10.1 android 4.0 and my stock rom was 3.2 but i cant find it from sammobile or samsung-updates. I need region Baltic(SEB). Anybody here knows where can i find it ? Or should i use some costum rom ? :confused: :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys

I made this video a while ago on how to restore your Galaxy Tab 10.1 back to stock using ODIN. Hopefully it helps some people out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ6VZGCdRSo
    Here's a quick step as well from my memory only, I just did this 2 days ago.

0. Ensure the tablet is at least 50% charged and is turned off.
    1. Download Samsung USB driver and install on your PC.
    2. Download Odin and extract to a folder.
    3. Download the correct stock firmware from sammobile.com/firmware OR from samsung-updates.com. I would prefer the latest one. I got the Dec 20 2012 New Zealand for P7510. Extract the MD5 file on the folder where you placed Odin.
    4. Run Odin as Administrator, tick on PDA, and choose the firmware file (extension is MD5). Leave the other options as is. Odin will take a minute or so to process the firmware.
    5. While tablet still off, plug the USB cable on the samsung connector on the tablet. Don't insert in the PC yet.
    6. Turn on the tablet by holding POWER and the VOLUME DOWN button to enter the recovery. Using the VOLUME DOWN button, move the highlight to the "Download Mode" (the right option), and press VOLUME UP button to choose it, and Continue after the warning.
    7. Now connect the other end of the USB cable on the PC where Odin is waiting.
    8. Click START in Odin and wait for it to finish. The tablet will reboot when done.
    9. If for some reason it hangs on SAMSUNG startup, repeat step 6 above but choose the left option (instead of download mode), and do a factory reset, and reboot the tablet after.
    10. Done. Pure stock.