¿Why ios on (5s) is smoother and faster than android on my s4 wich has better hw?

Search This thread

leboreiro

Jun 13, 2013
Raccoon City
So if Ios Iphone 5s has a dual core a7 proccesor , and the i9500 has a quad cores proccessors at higger frecuency , also more Ram .
why iphone is still faster and smoother opening apps, movies, and basically lagless on UI experience?

i don't get it . if i have stronger hardware my phone should be faster than a crappy dual core :rolleyes:

MrAndroid12

Mar 30, 2011
Auckland
The thread priority is different on iOS. UI is first priority and therefore if you touch the screen , app download, install or loading of Web pages will temporally freeze until you lift your finger off the screen (Tested on my iPad). and therefore the device's full processing power is targeted towards ui rendering instead unlike android which would let all of those processes run at the same time.

iOS only releases for a couple of devices ONLY running similar hardware. although android is generally optimised for snapdragon based SOCs since 2.2 with the just - in time compiler, Google cannot optimised android just for this particular chip because it will break compatibility with other ARM or x84 based SOCs. With the being said, it runs on rather generic drivers and apps are coded for that so it android has weaker software/hardware integration which leads to inefficiencies such as using more CPU cycles to processing zillion more code to ensure compadibility and therefore also consumes more ram.

finally I think apps running on a java emulator also has a negative affect on stutter, load times and to some extent lag we see on apps containing a lot of information. Hopefully 4.4 kitkat with android ART will resolve this (only works on snapdragon as of now)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

re: iphone vs android

So if Ios Iphone 5s has a dual core a7 proccesor , and the i9500 has a quad cores proccessors at higger frecuency , also more Ram .
why iphone is still faster and smoother opening apps, movies, and basically lagless on UI experience?

i don't get it . if i have stronger hardware my phone should be faster than a crappy dual core :rolleyes:

I am not technical enough to know a whole lot about iPhone/IOS and so on, but I can give you an
example so you will better understand why iPhone 5 seems to be so much faster and snappier than
any android phones are at the present time.

iPhone 5 does not have hundreds of different theming options or settings to change what the default
screens look like, IOS does not have launchers which also has hundreds of settings for all the themes,
icons, backgrounds, colors and widgets to change and to choose from.

If our SGS4 phones did not have all those features, options and user selectable modifications in it then
our S4 phones would be just as fast and snappy as the IOS iPhone 5.

We have a lot more over-head with all these basically "eye candy" user selectable features and options
in themes, icons, colors and even sizes when we navigate through are phone's screens & opening/closing
apps so naturally it will be noticeably slower and less responsive in almost all aspects.

The differences between iphone 5's and android's processor's speeds are insignificant as far as which phone
is faster and snappier when going thru the screens, opening or closing apps and doing most anything else
while using the two phones because one has a lot of over-head and the other hardly has any at all.

Here is an example, take two healthy men who are both equal in age, weight and height then
strap a 20 pound bag of potatoes on one of the men's backs and see which one can run faster,
run further, jump higher and do more push-ups.. LOL

Wish I could think of a better example but I can't!

Last edited:

leboreiro

Jun 13, 2013
Raccoon City
The thread priority is different on iOS. UI is first priority and therefore if you touch the screen , app download, install or loading of Web pages will temporally freeze until you lift your finger off the screen (Tested on my iPad). and therefore the device's full processing power is targeted towards ui rendering instead unlike android which would let all of those processes run at the same time.

iOS only releases for a couple of devices ONLY running similar hardware. although android is generally optimised for snapdragon based SOCs since 2.2 with the just - in time compiler, Google cannot optimised android just for this particular chip because it will break compatibility with other ARM or x84 based SOCs. With the being said, it runs on rather generic drivers and apps are coded for that so it android has weaker software/hardware integration which leads to inefficiencies such as using more CPU cycles to processing zillion more code to ensure compadibility and therefore also consumes more ram.

finally I think apps running on a java emulator also has a negative affect on stutter, load times and to some extent lag we see on apps containing a lot of information. Hopefully 4.4 kitkat with android ART will resolve this (only works on snapdragon as of now)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I am not technical enough to know a whole lot about iPhone/IOS and so on, but I can give you an
example so you will better understand why iPhone 5 seems to be so much faster and snappier than
any android phones are at the present time.

iPhone 5 does not have hundreds of different theming options or settings to change what the default
screens look like, IOS does not have launchers which also has hundreds of settings for all the themes,
icons, backgrounds, colors and widgets to change and to choose from.

If our SGS4 phones did not have all those features, options and user selectable modifications in it then
our S4 phones would be just as fast and snappy as the IOS iPhone 5.

We have a lot more over-head with all these basically "eye candy" user selectable features and options
in themes, icons, colors and even sizes when we navigate through are phone's screens & opening/closing
apps so naturally it will be noticeably slower and less responsive in almost all aspects.

The differences between iphone 5's and android's processor's speeds are insignificant as far as which phone
is faster and snappier when going thru the screens, opening or closing apps and doing most anything else
while using the two phones because one has a lot of over-head and the other hardly has any at all.

Here is an example, take two healthy men who are both equal in age, weight and height then
strap a 20 pound bag of potatoes on one of the men's backs and see which one can run faster,
run further, jump higher and do more push-ups.. LOL

Wish I could think of a better example but I can't!

Im so Agree with both of you guys. They way you explained it is just perfect. I wasn't seeing the otherside of the quarter.

This means and will lead me to buy a snapdragon phone next time. Seems like snapdragon variants of S4's are basically smoother or will be when 4.4 is finally out. although ive seen on youtube that there is not too much differences (talking about UI experience) beetween 9505 and 9500 .. but prolly will on the next samsung galaxy s5 .. so snapdragon for the next time instead of exynos.

thankyou so much guys , i will share this thread to whoever has the same question.

smep

Jul 30, 2013
I never heard of iOS virus !
Must tell iOS really a neat operation system specially a jailbroken one :)

Sent from dish washer