[Updated 12/08] Comprehensive List of Available Cases + Reviews!

Search This thread

edstewbob

Dec 14, 2010
Belkin Verve

I got the Belkin Verve case which is very nice but I am taking it back. It is not that easy to insert it into the case because a leather flap has to be tucked in. Not a big deal but not simple either to move it in and out of the case. I got the keyboard dock and would really like a case that could be more easily used without removing the tablet it from the case. As long as the docking port side can easily be exposed it should be able to be inserted into the keyboard dock.

Reactions: cott789
Feb 23, 2011
I would hope that more manufacturers will jump into the arena and give us more options.

The Zenus cases are the nicest looking cases, but it still has it's flaws. If I am going to pay $599 for a GT, I am not going to bat an eye at paying $100+ for a case made out of real top grain leather.

Keep the reviews coming.

CL1NT

Dec 2, 2010
Zenus 'Masstige' Band Type Leather Case

Hello all,

First post.

Thought I'd share some pictures of the Zenus 'Masstige' Band case for anyone on the fence about it like I was. However, I can't insert a link or images yet since I don't have 8 posts, blah. So here is a malformed url: htt ps://picasaweb.google.com/106479027578575490508/ZenusCase

I am overall pretty satisfied with it. Although it isn't real leather, I personally can't really tell - it does not have a weird smell or feel. I didn't initially like either color (where is black/grey?!), but decided on the black chocolate. It looks much better in person, and gives it a very professional look imo.

The 'clips' that hold the tab in are super tight, and unlike the Zenus Prestige, you do not have to constantly pull half the tablet out of the case in order to stand it up. All ports, speakers, and buttons are accessible when opened and folded back. The power, volume, and speakers are exposed when closed. Both of the stands feel sturdy enough and give good angles for just viewing or typing. I tried to show this in my pics.

The real reason I chose this case over the official Samsung or other Zenus case was the leather straps (bands). I don't know about anyone else, but in just a couple of weeks of having the 10.1, it has pretty much constantly been in my hands. After a while of holding it though, I find myself switching positions/orientations due to fatigue. I actually wanted the the 8.9 tab for this reason alone, as I thought it might be better for one-handed use. The straps on this case pretty much resolve that issue for me. They provide adequate one-handed support without having to really try to hold it. The straps themselves do not seem loose or weak, but only time will tell with that. This case wins for this reason alone for me.

It adds some weight and size to your tablet - 7.09 x 10.24 x 0.67 in / 9.8 oz. It is an ounce heavier than the Zenus Prestige and doesn't necessarily "go with" the tab's style like say the Samsung book cover or Prestige. You may feel little old-manish in your coffee shop, if you're worried about that sort of thing. This same case in black though would go a long way in rectifying that. I'll be pissed when they release that a month from now! Not too bad at $59 for the added functionality.

Shoot me any other questions you might have, sorry I didn't cover much. Feel free to post a proper link to album if anyone wants to. Sorry if posting a broken link is against rules.

thatdude90210

Jul 2, 2011
My Samsung Leather pouch finally got here. I mainly wanted something that will keep my Gtab 10.1 from getting scratched up in my backpack. I've been using the neoprene pouch that came with my Asus HE1000. Btw, why couldn't Samsung included something like that, even my $300 netbook come with one. I guess the answer is so they can sell covers and pouches.

Anyway, it's very good quality, and fits perfectly. It's a snug fit so it won't fall out easily. It's basically made with leather bonded to a thin hard layer, and then bonded with felt inside so won't scratch the tablet. The hard layer is approximately the shape of the 10.1.

For people who want something to protect the tablet in a backpack or brief case, and don't want a case that would add size and weight while they use the tablet, I highly recommend it.

Here are some pics from my phone, to see the size in relation with the 10.1:

http://imageshack.us/g/808/img018k.jpg/

haas599

Oct 8, 2010
Just got my Acase Folio in today and I am happy with my purchase. I got this for less than $20 shipped off Amazon so keep that in mind.

The whole thing is black faux leather with a nice grey inner liner with firm padding on the screen side that doubles as a multi-position rest for the Tab. The backside does not have any extra padding.

The Acase logo is oddly placed to me. It looks fine when the case is closed but is actually upside-down in relation to the Tab.

The cut out for the camera is nice but a little asymmetrical and not perfect like I would expect an $80 case to be but again, this was $20 to my doorstep.

The speakers and mic jack are not covered either. The only thing that is covered when the case is closed is the charging port. I plan on cutting out a little sliver to fit the connector through.

The Tab is held securely by 4 of the six clips with the bottom 2 just kind of snuggly touching the Tab. It is easily detached from the bottom clips but will not accidentally fall out either.

The main clip that opens and closes the case is also very nice. It closes easily and snuggly. It is easy to open and I feel like I can toss the Tab around without it accidentally opening.

This is a great case for the price I got it for. I don't think this is the best case available but easily the bang-for-your-buck. I think the price has gone up since I purchased it on Amazon but if you can get this shipped to your house for $35 bucks or less then it is a good buy.

Last edited:

Alien987

Jun 25, 2011
Just got my Acase Folio in today and I am happy with my purchase. I got this for less than $20 shipped off Amazon so keep that in mind.

The whole thing is black faux leather with a nice grey inner liner with firm padding on the screen side that doubles as a multi-position rest for the Tab. The backside does not have any extra padding.

The Acase logo is oddly placed to me. It looks fine when the case is closed but is actually upside-down in relation to the Tab.

The cut out for the camera is nice but a little asymmetrical and not perfect like I would expect an $80 case to be but again, this was $20 to my doorstep.

The speakers and mic jack are not covered either. The only thing that is covered when the case is closed is the charging port. I plan on cutting out a little sliver to fit the connector through.

The Tab is held securely by 4 of the six clips with the bottom 2 just kind of snuggly touching the Tab. It is easily detached from the bottom clips but will not accidentally fall out either.

The main clip that opens and closes the case is also very nice. It closes easily and snuggly. It is easy to open and I feel like I can toss the Tab around without it accidentally opening.

This is a great case for the price I got it for. I don't think this is the best case available but easily the bang-for-your-buck. I think the price has gone up since I purchased it on Amazon but if you can get this shipped to your house for $35 bucks or less then it is a good buy.

Thanks for the review! It certainly looks like a nice value case.

Nice colors, ugly price. :rolleyes:

landrian18

Feb 10, 2011
Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1310581452350.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310581452350.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 349
  • uploadfromtaptalk1310581463242.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310581463242.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 302
  • uploadfromtaptalk1310581475245.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310581475245.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 341
  • uploadfromtaptalk1310581486403.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310581486403.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 290

landrian18

Feb 10, 2011

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1310581730461.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310581730461.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 262
  • uploadfromtaptalk1310581738555.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310581738555.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 253
  • uploadfromtaptalk1310581746360.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310581746360.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 244
  • uploadfromtaptalk1310581754441.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310581754441.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 230

c-loo

Apr 18, 2011
Atlanta

What case is this? I don't see the name.

I ordered the rooCASE Multi-Angle Case (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050IU2N2) because it is Amazon Prime. It is nice and very functional, but I am not sure about the bulk it adds. Being able to set it at whatever angle you want due to the velcro on the bottom is nice. It will also definitely add a lot of protection. Similar to a lot of the cases, you cannot charge it with the case closed. It definitely takes a thin, sleek device and makes it bulky. It also doesn't have a good angle for typing. It is either flat or tilted too much for serious typing.

I am debating on whether or not to get another case. I have 2 small children, so I should probably opt for protection, but I would prefer something a little thinner.

landrian18

Feb 10, 2011
I just made it....all made from recycle...except for 3crazy glue.

zaphyr

Jun 23, 2008
This one similar to CaseCrown Standby Case
http://cgi.ebay.com/150622771410?ru...71410&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1
UK ebay
Cheaper ,good quality, nice gift

Do you have this? It looks nice, I'm considering this one from Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0056EXWVY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A2PPJKQ2SQHF8D

The price is about the same, but the one you found has some stitching which I quite like.

Perhaps you can post a few words about it? You can see the magnets in the corners clearly on the pics...

T120ted

Jul 11, 2011
Any opinion on which one is the slimmest and least heavy. Looks like the prestige but not real happy about only one viewing angle.

Top Liked Posts