Guys... which is good Sensation or SAMSUNG Galaxy SII?

Search This thread

GhostZini

May 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
I came from a G2 to sensation 4G and screen size is perfect. My phone works flawlessly, doesn't lag, and is sexy. I played with galaxy s2 and it sucked azz. Touchwiz is junk and screen was too wide. Also my stock battery life is way long.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

enserio

Oct 26, 2010
California
I came from a G2 to sensation 4G and screen size is perfect. My phone works flawlessly, doesn't lag, and is sexy. I played with galaxy s2 and it sucked azz. Touchwiz is junk and screen was too wide. Also my stock battery life is way long.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

I was sitting in a bar with my SGSII, and an old timer syas to me, "Geez, you might as well carry your tv with you." I had to question how large the device is, especially since my phones live in my pocket and I'm not really a guy for cases.

Touchwiz is junk, but you gotta give it that the machine is snappy. Lot of ppower under the hood. If it gets an AOSP ICS ROM, it'll be worth pulling out of the closet.

yasobaso

Aug 8, 2010
Istanbul
I have the regular Sensation

You must be kidding. Be fair...

You have overclocked (1.8 Ghz)your device it is not stock Sensation.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Honestly, I just switched from the i9000 to the Sensation XE recently, and you'd be crazy to buy a Samsung. Nothing on the i9000 worked properly, and one thing I learnt from the experience is that because Samsung develops a wide range of electronics, they will select inhouse electronics which clearly aren't designed well, over competitors whenever possible. (Just a short list, it was incredibly laggy, GPS was useless, their OS used too much ram, and the system reserved too much ram, and there wasn't near enough to actually use the phone without it crashing, it would crash regularly when browsing, etc). Oh, and then my flash memory died (like every other i9000's, and the flash seems to be a Samsung component).

That isn't likely to change. I now own a Sensation XE, and the only problem is occasionally reception. Just remember that the main problems with the Galaxy i9000s weren't immediately evident. HTC might be the better choice, because, HTC isn't a hardware company, so isn't forced to use controllers which are crap (ie, ones designed possibly designed inhouse) simply to avoid embarrassment.

Honestly, with the i9000's, there should be a class action lawsuit. The only good thing about them is that they were unbreakable

I owned a i9000 too (actually my wife is still using it) and can %90 not confirm on your post. I think you are a very unlucky guy :) I only had GPS lock problem which was a design bug, but easy be solved (thxs XDA).

On Sensation side;
What about dust underneath the screen, volume button fell off, laggy bloated UI, bad battery life... Without the custom Rom's I could have been destroyed this device in it's first Month. (So I'm a unlucky guy too :))

Don't forget there is no perfect device; there will be always critics, but please be fair.

I still think of changing my Sensation with a second hand SGS2 or I will wait for SGS III.

OP, Hope you will be happy with your choice...

Note : My device is not an XE version, I mean not originally :)

Last edited:

juanshop

May 3, 2010
You gotta be fair, right out the box in terms of performance, gs2. Is better no doubt, htc sense is extremelly bloated and makes up for a sluggish overall experience. But I still prefer the sensation. Why?

-You can get a brand new looking one for 230 bucks, like me. Used gs2 are going for 350+ which I think is ridiculous.
- build quality....
- dev support, with a senseless rom this is just as good as a gs2 with obviously differences but close to eachother.
- size at least for me is just right, not too big, not too small.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Reactions: buzzboy

BillyBohne

Mar 14, 2012
I prefer my big love : htc sensation

the sg2 is completly plastic and i really have to say that the display sucks :mad:
all the people say "oh the screen is so beatiful and the colours are so amazin"
but i think it looks just like **** :D

Reactions: GhostZini

juanshop

May 3, 2010
Colors are just more vivid... But is really pixelated ahahahah.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Ocaryx

Feb 24, 2012
Kerman
www.ocaryx.com
i like sensation Body
i like SG2 hardware

overall i like htc sensation :D

you can wait for HTC One X too , it's better than both . good style and good hardware and good screen .

unmesh111

Mar 6, 2012
Sensation any day

Sensation over Galaxy SII any day. Touchwiz does not justify the high price one pays for the Galaxy. Sense is better.

sam razzy

Oct 12, 2011
Ma sweet home
India sensation can be delivered at low price... galaxy is superb in performance and battery.. even it got aosp build from nexus ported... now no touchwizz.. :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i own both sgs2 and a sensation, after using sensation for about a week i gave it to my wife and went back to s2. It's heavy and the screen is narrow and a few other things i didnt like about it. As far as sense goes i got over it in a week.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using xda premium

"after using sensation for about a week i gave it to my wife and went back to s2"

Yet underneath your comment it says

"Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using xda premium"

HAHAHAHA XD
    It would be more logical if you asked between the Amaze and the SGS2, since the Sensation is older. Anyways, I prefer the Amaze because of the higher pixel density. The SAMOLED+ is great, but a 4.5 inch screen with 480x800? Ill pass.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
    It honestly depends on what your looking for

If you like the sensation UI or Touchwiz UI, whether you want the extra horsepower or not, etc

I own a Galaxy S2, and I LOVE the thing to death!
    It is EXTREMELY HARD to break it via flashing ROMS and Firmware, it has lots of support, it's powerful, has ICS support already, and has many benefits over the Sensation IMHO, the screen is better too, I played with a sensation and it felt laggy and slow at the Telstra store, even when I tweaked it a bit, everyone is going to have different opinions, but so far Samsung have won my vote

(I use to own a HTC Desire and HTC G1 (Dream))
    and I prefer Samsung at the moment :)

I will be getting the Galaxy S III! :D
    lolx OP comparing a new device with a old device.
    "after using sensation for about a week i gave it to my wife and went back to s2"

Yet underneath your comment it says

"Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using xda premium"

HAHAHAHA XD

Thats right gave it to the wife not sold it or destroyed it. When i did that post i was using my wifes phone.

Lets just keep it to the point, give ur views and ur expriences to help this guy decide which phone he wants to buy.

There is no need for littlr detective comments or starting samsung/htc war.

If you want to start android/apple war im with you. LOL

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA Premium HD app

Haha, yeah i'm with you too on an Android vs Apple war =D
    I'm not nit picking at you or anything, I was just pointing out something i found funny :p

Take it easy buddy :)