[ROM][3 April][Sense 3.5][2.3.5] · ۰ • Clutch™ - The new transmission ★ ✰

Search This thread

superbeak

Mar 1, 2012
Ghent
fixes/workarounds

One user PM'd me about not having facebook for htc sense as an account setting, this has been corrected.
As far as the keylights go, I have found a workaround which works perfectly until it can be implemented into the ROM itself. use "keyboard backlight controller" from the play store. use these settings and it the lights will turn on and off when you lock and unlock etc.
Lock on bklight --Check
only when screen on --Check
lock bklight off --NOT CHECK
The only problem with this workaround that I can imagine people being anoyed by is the fact that lights ARE LOCKED ON. meaning that they will not turn off while watching video, playing games etc etc etc. Need to look at logcat for more info regarding htc wallpapers....I'm working on it guys, be patient with me.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

will upload on monday at school because my internet connection sucks

Reactions: mhalter

superbeak

Mar 1, 2012
Ghent
Yep. It's added. So now, there are still the bugs.
1. Missing HTC wallpapers. I have it saying 1/0 at the top after renaming a wallpaper to htc_wallpaper_01.jpg. however there is no preview....so that's still broken. The softkeys behave just fine with the app workaround.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using XDA

Hero

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
Yep. It's added. So now, there are still the bugs.
1. Missing HTC wallpapers. I have it saying 1/0 at the top after renaming a wallpaper to htc_wallpaper_01.jpg. however there is no preview....so that's still broken. The softkeys behave just fine with the app workaround.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using XDA

Check default.xml in customize/MNS(?) to see what the wallpapers are supposed to be named. Once you do, change them accordingly. If it's not in that directory check the manifest.xml. If it's not in there...then I'll do more research lol

superbeak

Mar 1, 2012
Ghent
I think it may be better if I just wait to upload an update, that way I can get these wallpapers kicked in the Blam!

Sent from my Incredible using XDA

superbeak

Mar 1, 2012
Ghent
news

OK GUYS! I have some good news. I should have the htc wallpapers working fully with thumbnails and everything. I will be rewriting the default.xml file to include each wallpaper one by one, so I can get this right. Thanks for everybody's support and patience. I'll have it uploaded to my mediafire tomorrow :)
Jim

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

The update shouldnt need an outside SUPERWIPE script either, i've included SUPERWIPE instructions in the updater script. testing now....

superbeak

Mar 1, 2012
Ghent
That's it....IM DONE WITH CLUTCH. I'll just make my own rom based off clutch. I am currently experiencing some strange,funny,frustrating errors.
For my ROM, I promise great things. But ATM I can't look at Clutch. sorry people. Don't lose faith in me. I will be making a new thread and linking here.

Last edited:

superbeak

Mar 1, 2012
Ghent
New thread

Hey guys, this thread is getting a little bogged down. It's kinda dead haha. I have made a new thread for a ROM called inSense by Superbeak based off Clutch. It's gonna be a little while before I release it,but at least it will be updated actively.
Here is the link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25766235#post25766235
Thank you guys for your support and cooperation. PM me about anything really. I'll answer ASAP.
Yours truly,
Superbeak:)

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Actually.. Pure how can I change the modded clock you made to the actual OG clock? There's a theme I'm using and it decides to cut part of the clocks dock background. I'm assuming because its already modded its not allowing it to change everything.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

superbeak

Mar 1, 2012
Ghent
little update...

Hey guys, this is SORT of a bump and an update on what I am up to. I am 17, taking physics,algebra 2, civil engineering,on my way to advanced regents with distinction :D
I also work saturdays and sundays at a grocery store. On the side for some extra cash, I repair iPhones and iPod touches.
I began my process of redownloading clutch (I have a slow connection, about 106 Kb/s).
windows xp netbook and linux workhorse in my room both sorta pooped out lol.
SO! what do i need to do? it's simple....we kill the batman.... kidding aside i have resurrected both machines and i need to:
1. redownload clutch
2. get my Dinc back (lent it out)
3. Get some free time.
I have alot of family responsibilities and you can see I'm up to my eyeballs in stuff I need to do.
Clutch needs:
HTC wallpapers fixed
radio issues ( i have ATT now so i cant test any of that)
soft keys not lighting up fix
and then the lag that we experience. I know everyone ran off to ICS and jellybean and beyond but I will continue to work. I have alot of logcats to read. Thanks all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][3 April][Sense 3.5][2.3.5] · ۰ • Clutch™ - The new transmission ★ ✰

clutchbanner.png

disclaimer.png
    I am not responsible for anything that happens to you or your phone while using this ROM. You are choosing to use it and are therefore agreeing to accept its limitations.

Do not compare ROMs and/or kernels. It is often disrespectful and unnecessary. If you would like to express an opinion, do it in a way that does not downplay the efforts of another developer.

featurese.png
    System Info

• Tiny's Gingersense v2 kernel
    • WWE
    • Sense 3.5
    • Android 2.3.5
    ROM Info
    • Deodexed
    • Enabled GPU UI rendering
    • Speed optimizations
    • RAM optimizations
    • Rooted
    • Zipaligned
    • init.d support
    • Device partitions formatted as Ext4
    • Auto-enabled Ext4 enhancements
    • sysro + sysrw support
    • Bloatware removed
    • Great battery life - my tweaks from Anthem
    • Fast charge
    • Advanced power menu
    • 4-in-1 reboot menu
    • Extended Quick Settings
    • Rosie Remap
    • Full 3D
    • Camera w/ working panorama
    • ICS keyboard
    • Tweaks app
    • Beats audio (needs a beats compatible kernel)
    • Unlocked hotspot
    UI Mods
    • Pure ICS + Sense 4.0
    • Sense 4.0 themed Rosie
    • Sense 4.0 themed hTC weather widget
    • Statusbar mods
    • App mods
    How-to Install
    • Download ROM and place it on your SD card
    • Boot into recovery mode
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Wipe cache
    • Wipe dalvik cache
    • Wipe /boot
    • Wipe /system
    • If using Amon_Ra, disable "Signature Verification"
    • Select "install zip from sdcard"
    • Find and install .zip
    • Reboot
    Bug Tracker
    • Soft keys don't light up
    • hTC wallpapers are missing
    • Tweaks is partially broken (Do not try to update Tweaks or install fonts (there may be more)! It will break the app!)

downloaddi.png

Or Here: Clutch v1.0.0
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...e/ROMs/Sense 3.5/Clutch/New/Clutch_V1.0.0.zip

changelog.png
    Code:
    [COLOR="Teal"][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Clutch v1.0.0[/SIZE][/CENTER][/COLOR][CENTER][I][SIZE="2"]» 3 April 2012 «[/SIZE][/I][/CENTER]
    [COLOR="DimGray"]
    [LIST]
    [*]Initial release
    [/LIST]
    [/COLOR]

screenshotsdp.png

20120402204346.jpg
    20120402204403.jpg
    20120402204415.jpg
    20120402204516.jpg

20120402204523.jpg
    20120402204543.jpg
    20120402204606.jpg
    20120402204646.jpg

faqsh.png

Q1: I can't install a kernel! Help?

• You must first flash the Ext4 mod and then flash the kernel you want (It has to have Ext4 support)
    Q2: Beats audio doesn't work...please help

• The ROM already contains the Beats audio drivers, you need to use it in conjuntion with a kernel that supports the drivers to experience the full effect. Read more about it here.

84366115.png

• PureMotive
    • withbloodskies
    • Tiny4579
    • Will972
    • JoelZ9614
    • Romanbb
    • RC Team
    • Juwe11
    • Virtuous Team
    optionaldl.png

Partition wipe insurance

VR Superwipe - Place on the root of your SD card and flash before flashing the ROM

Rosie Mods

Super Smooth Rosie - Tested and works
    Sense 4.0 style 3D Rosie - This is the Rosie that ships with the ROM

Statusbar Mods

3G Icon - The normal 3G icon
    20120403220843.jpg

EvDo Icon - Back to stock 3G icon
    2012opt.jpg

Applications

hTC Facebook / Widget - Pulled from Warm 2.3, which this ROM is based on
    Go Senseless

Senseless Script - Originally made by lukogriffioen. You must flash this right after flashing the ROM
    Senseless Script w/ HTC IME - Does not remove hTC keyboard
    Remove hTC Lockscreen - Untested
    hTC Facebook & hTC Facebook Widget are uploaded under Optional Downloads. They are pulled from Warm 2.3, which this ROM is based on so they should work. I won't be including them in future updates because I want to have as little bloat as possible.
    communitymods.png

Submit your mods for the community! Send them to me via PM or post them in the thread. All contributions welcome!
    little update...

Hey guys, this is SORT of a bump and an update on what I am up to. I am 17, taking physics,algebra 2, civil engineering,on my way to advanced regents with distinction :D
    I also work saturdays and sundays at a grocery store. On the side for some extra cash, I repair iPhones and iPod touches.
    I began my process of redownloading clutch (I have a slow connection, about 106 Kb/s).
    windows xp netbook and linux workhorse in my room both sorta pooped out lol.
    SO! what do i need to do? it's simple....we kill the batman.... kidding aside i have resurrected both machines and i need to:
    1. redownload clutch
    2. get my Dinc back (lent it out)
    3. Get some free time.
    I have alot of family responsibilities and you can see I'm up to my eyeballs in stuff I need to do.
    Clutch needs:
    HTC wallpapers fixed
    radio issues ( i have ATT now so i cant test any of that)
    soft keys not lighting up fix
    and then the lag that we experience. I know everyone ran off to ICS and jellybean and beyond but I will continue to work. I have alot of logcats to read. Thanks all.