GALAXY S 5 settings UI enabled

Search This thread

LyuboA

Jun 5, 2013
Sofia
Guys does any one knows how to remove second settings icon from drawer when restore stock SecSetting.apk cause i still have two icons one is stock settings the other dosnt to anything just crashes when open

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

IganKuhz

Mar 11, 2012
Mexico City
Guys does any one knows how to remove second settings icon from drawer when restore stock SecSetting.apk cause i still have two icons one is stock settings the other dosnt to anything just crashes when open

I can be only removed by deactivating "grid_list" variable. But you need to decompile an compile it. I would like to know if anyone know how to remove o deactivate fingerprint options it is useless.

LyuboA

Jun 5, 2013
Sofia
I can be only removed by deactivating "grid_list" variable. But you need to decompile an compile it. I would like to know if anyone know how to remove o deactivate fingerprint options it is useless.

Ok i will try does download booster works for you heard that its working using S5 settings for Note 3 but its working for me

Tyler.Boston1

Aug 31, 2012
ive installed the app correctly and i dont see the download booster option? is it not for the quad core s4? Im using a tmobile s4 with SHO-stock rom

millinnium

Jun 8, 2010
Melbourne
Ok i will try does download booster works for you heard that its working using S5 settings for Note 3 but its working for me

Download Booster does not work. I've tested it on i9505 using Chrome to download a 100mb file while setting the Download booster to ON and minimum size of 50mb

helmi91

Mar 15, 2014
do you have the original setting for the s4

do you have the original setting for s4? because i forgot to backup the original one..please help me..

yogg

Jun 6, 2013
Is this MOD customizeable with wanam xposed or gravity box?? like make the notification toggle from top transparent and change the icon color to white instead of green?

jaysusw

Dec 11, 2011
Quick settings

For quick settings and notifications shade s5 style :
Go into your root explorer of choice, and head into the root folder, hit System and scroll down to build.prop and open that up. locate the ro.product.name and ro.product.device entries and change them to SM-N900S. Save your changes and reboot.

Working on 9505 Stock kitkat.
The settings apk thing works fine for me too, but got list view only with note3 apk.

Attachments

• tmp_Screenshot_2014-03-17-13-07-33-2101509282.png
    tmp_Screenshot_2014-03-17-13-07-33-2101509282.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA

I'm presenting to you the new UI settings of the galaxy s 5.

Screenshot_2014-02-25-20-19-36_zps2f7b4935.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-25-20-19-49_zpse0b07282.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-25-20-30-41_zps9bb035b1.png

LINK

How to:

just paste the apk in the folder : priv-app/system
    For those who have problems with list view of setting try with the Note 3 version of S5 settings:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4bFPA3V4_OoY1JDdGJWYUxLelE/preview?pli=1
    Works as advertized

Tested it on Stock 4.4.2 I9500

Steps to follow,
    1. You MUST be rooted, OBVIOUS
    2. go to /system/priv-app with ES Explorer or Root Explorer or Internet Explorer :p
    3. Backup both the SecSettings.apk & SecSettings.odex somewhere safe
    4. Delete the SecSettings.apk & SecSettings.odex in /system/priv-app
    5. Copy the new one SecSettings.apk to /system/priv-app
    6. Set permission as rw-r-r *press and hold on file, select properties in ES Explorer
    7. Restart

Note: I have two settings now, one the original, two the new one
    Also the Note's SecSettings.apk gives the note specific menu with S-Pen settings option, no crash or anything on both.

Say thanks if I helped!
    If anybody is interesting in list view as default view without flashing the s5 apk, do the following:
    -Using root explorer, search for the folder /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases
    -open settings.db with sql editor.
    -open system
    -add the following string: id = auto, name = settings_listui, value = 1.
    -close the editor and reboot. done.
    -Now the default settings ui is a list view rather than tabs.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I think this OP are very poor, need more info before share.

? from my Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 4.4.2 XXUFNB8 Stock rooted ?