S-off is coming! Documentation being prepared!

Search This thread

xl VipeR lx

Sep 17, 2007
UK
Many sensation owners do not believe that S-off wil be coming by HTC. too all you disbelievers out there, i attach proof. Just spoke to a customer advisor right now. this is what i was told. i thought i would make a new thread as all the other threads get clogged up with off topic clutter, so please keep this topic related, and update it if we receive any more info on bootloaders. There is hope out there

Naturally i pencilled in my device number:D;):p

Attachments

• htc.jpg
    htc.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 756
Last edited:

MLIGN

Sep 7, 2009
Houston
I hope this is true, I mean it shouldn't be hard for them HTC to unlock their own bootloaders! Look at Motorola they did it. Hopefully it will be soon! Before fall I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Reactions: wallah

xl VipeR lx

Sep 17, 2007
UK
I know. And of course its true. The ref number erased. Is my sensation. They are just repairing fuzzy earpiece.
But i asked him for an update on the bootloaders, if they would unlock mine and date. Those were his replies

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
I'm not really fussed with S-OFF as the internal memory is the only reason I rooted my Desire BUT it would be nice to remove the apps I don't use just to tidy things up a bit. That and put the stock boot animations on

T

The_Biz

That chat box doesn't say anything that hasn't already been said. It's just worded different. A waste of a thread that will do nothing but get peoples hopes up. :(

Sdobron

Sep 5, 2010
Nothing more than we already know. BTW, the earpiece will likely come back sounding the same.

Foirzie

Jun 15, 2011
I'm new to android.

Can someone clear this out for me:

* S-OFF means Bootloader unlocked?
* I'm asuming HTC will make an update for all devices which automatically unlocks the bootloader of any sensation? Or will the bootloader only be unlocked with the new devices?

NardVa

Mar 20, 2011
Another coming soon promise.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many sensation owners do not believe that S-off wil be coming by HTC. too all you disbelievers out there, i attach proof. Just spoke to a customer advisor right now. this is what i was told. i thought i would make a new thread as all the other threads get clogged up with off topic clutter, so please keep this topic related, and update it if we receive any more info on bootloaders. There is hope out there

Naturally i pencilled in my device number:D;):p
    just got off the fone with HTC tech support, tried to squeeze some info from the tech support, but even at tier 3, they can't disclose an ETA or the list of devices that will receive the bootloader unlock :/

The good news is that if you speak to tech support and request a follow through survey, an automatic survey will call you the next day, and at the end of it, you can leave a detailed voicenote with your grievences and that goes straight to the top of the tech support food chain!

Let the flooding commence!

Tech support: 1 866 449 8358

EDIT: my bad, this isnt just for spamming, im extremely disappointed at the fact that the HTC CEO makes a huge announcement about unlocking bootloaders, and then leaves users high and dry for ANY other pertinant information such as release dates, supported models, OTA/manual install etc.

please, when leaving the voicenotes, be professional, courteous and direct, im sure well see better results...if we spam with complaints and vulgarity, they will ignore us, just like their facebook page :/
    I hate when companies assume that I am waiting patiently.
    I hope this is true, I mean it shouldn't be hard for them HTC to unlock their own bootloaders! Look at Motorola they did it. Hopefully it will be soon! Before fall I am keeping my fingers crossed!
    +1 for that, why we don't have the same unlocking process like Sony ??

Htc probably wanna cover.their back from noobs who brick their devices
    Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App