My N7000 project

Search This thread

PurpleMelbourne

Account currently disabled
Jul 24, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
If you get this working then I wonder if we could upgrade our Not e's with a bigger eMMC? I'd love a 64GB or better still, 128GB Note... ;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

BojanMK

Oct 25, 2011
bojanstojanovski.com
Somebody with broken Note could give you IMEI... :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
I have already tried to restore a EFS backup from a working Note but still no lunk. :/

If you get this working then I wonder if we could upgrade our Not e's with a bigger eMMC? I'd love a 64GB or better still, 128GB Note... ;)

This is pretty much possible if you're able to find the chip. :)

Meant 2nd hand board. I got one for £60

From box 13......
I didn't quite understood that second NAND board. Can you post a link or something to explain better?

TheNoticer

Dec 21, 2012
Ravensburg
AW: My N7000 project

Why you need IMEI? There is one at your box and behind the battery. Your guaranty is already void through JTAGing because they are modifying the Hardware. After that the eMMC chip was replaced also a Hardware modification. If I were you I would copy the IMEI which is on the back of my phone or box.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 3 (Closed Beta)

Reactions: warfareonly

warfareonly

Dec 20, 2011
Mumbai
Why you need IMEI? There is one at your box and behind the battery. Your guaranty is already void through JTAGing because they are modifying the Hardware. After that the eMMC chip was replaced also a Hardware modification. If I were you I would copy the IMEI which is on the back of my phone or box.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 3 (Closed Beta)

Sorry, I thanked you by mistake.
The device does not recognize/accept whatever imei he has tried to restore. You cannot just open up a settings menu and change/enter your device imei like adding a contact. He needs to restore the imei in order for the phone to access the network. Devices without imei aren't allowed to access networks.

zviki

Dec 30, 2008
Maribor
What?He just take picture of IMEI and problem is solved - IMEI is in the phone!:D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

BojanMK

Oct 25, 2011
bojanstojanovski.com
Long time no see fellas

Hi guys, sorry for not replying for some time, I wasn't really in the mood to share something here about the phone.

About the phone... I've tried everything, from JTAGs to boxes and many technicians tried but none of them succeed and getting the IMEI working. So, I have decided to send the EMMC chip back to parts4repair.com and I have ordered a new EMMC chip without any program on it because a technician told me that he could get it working like that. That's the last thing I'll try because I'm sick of this EMMC chip bull****s and etc.

The very problem I think is when the first owner sent the phone for repair at the OFFICIAL Samsung service in Macedonia, and they screwed up the BGA pins on the motherboard! Wtf man, OFFICIAL Samsung service screwed up the EMMC BGA contact pins from the motherboard?! I can't believe it either but that's the true... :mad: However, my technician was able to repair the pins with some pcb technique of his and the first EMMC from parts4repair.com actually worked but it couldn't get any IMEI. There's a veeeery small chance that one (or more) pins didn't worked good and that's why the phone couldn't get any IMEI even with JTAG but the chances of that are very small because everything else on the phone worked good and even when checking the whole EMMC chip with a program, all the test passed.

Picture from the motherboard below.
hmFHi0V.jpg

That greenish color on the board is soldering grease

Now what's left for me to do is to wait the new, not programmed chip and hopefully my technician can solder it good once again and repair the motherboard fully.

Wish me luck on this very last try to get this phone working at once. :)

A

AndroidSlave

Dude good luck but no offense...sounds like tiu should just get a new phone. Boards aren't meant to be modified so many times.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SV using Tapatalk 3

zviki

Dec 30, 2008
Maribor
Good luck! And all pins for the chip are OK? I see missing(damaged) pins... Huh...

...from SG NOTE N7000 with Tapatalk 2

KvnTM

Oct 6, 2012
Hamm
Cant wait for the result too. i just superbricked my note months ago and samsung replaced my mobo but this is really interesting, dont give up m8!

BojanMK

Oct 25, 2011
bojanstojanovski.com
Good luck! And all pins for the chip are OK? I see missing(damaged) pins... Huh...

My technician once fixed this with his funky pcb techniques which is very hard. He looked with his magnifying glass and made sure that all the pins are okay before he soldered the old EMMC chip which I have sent back to parts4repair.com some day ago and of course, I have talked with them before I send the item to their address.

Cant wait for the result too. i just superbricked my note months ago and samsung replaced my mobo but this is really interesting, dont give up m8!

Is there maybe any chance that you have the old motherboard? :)) Thanks for the support though, I appreciate it.

KvnTM

Oct 6, 2012
Hamm
My technician once fixed this with his funky pcb techniques which is very hard. He looked with his magnifying glass and made sure that all the pins are okay before he soldered the old EMMC chip which I have sent back to parts4repair.com some day ago and of course, I have talked with them before I send the item to their address.

Is there maybe any chance that you have the old motherboard? :)) Thanks for the support though, I appreciate it.

No chance, sry. Samsung dont gave me the old motherboard. If i had it i would send it to you but i dont it, im so sorry..:(

BojanMK

Oct 25, 2011
bojanstojanovski.com
Got the new chip...

Yesterday I received the new chip (without program) which is SanDisk SDIN5C2-4G. A 4GB chip almost the same as the original KMVISOOOLM-B503 from Samsung, but this mother****er didn't had any contacts (the chip was flat, I have no idea how they can send this stuff like this) so my technician had to make one for it and he really sweat on this one. After hour struggling with the contact, the chip got in place on the motherboard which the contact pins from the motherboard got revived again with some trick of his and I have seen members on this forum crying about the missing contact pins they can't get fixed! If someone is interested, I can ask my technician to share a tutorial or something on how to get the contacts fixed in no time. :cowboy:

Tomorrow is the D-Day... my technician will try J-Tag recovery on the phone with this new 4GB chip and if everything goes well, I should have my phone working with an IMEI and all other crap working flawlessly. So, I'll post the result tomorrow. :fingers-crossed:

Money spent till now: 180 euros (hopefully I'll get the refund from the old chip which is 60 euros)

Last edited:
A

AndroidSlave

Good luck man. Hope its not an exercise in futility.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SV using Tapatalk 3

zviki

Dec 30, 2008
Maribor
Refund for used chip? :rolleyes: Hmm... Good luck with that. Will be 4GB space enough? Maybe for CM rom,because with stock rom there is only 11GB free of 16GB...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung_Galaxy_Note_Blue.jpg

A friend of mine recently was playing with his Samsung Galaxy Note and the phone somehow froze during a flash and he got the battery out. The phone after that wasn't turning on and he sent it to a local service shop. The service shop tried JTAGing the phone with Riff box but probably the servicer who was trying the JTAG screwed the EMMC chip even more and completely fried it. He told me all of this and I thought of the idea buying the phone so I decided to offer him 100 euros... and he agreed.

riff_jtag.jpg

After 3 days of Google-ing, searching everywhere on the internet and trying everything (even for other phones), I found that the only solution for this phone is replacing the EMMC chip which costs 60 euros if I order it from here (I haven't found any other website to order N7000 EMMC chip but if you know some other, please share!).

Now I'm going to order this chip tomorrow and it should arrive in a week so I'll post the progress of my project. :)

Thought of sharing my experience with buying and repairing a completely screwed up phone that even JTAG couldn't fix it.

T19YjyXgRXXXXjVlE4_054025.jpg_310x310.jpg

Click here to read last update post...

Тоtal money spent: 125 euros.
    Got the new chip...

Yesterday I received the new chip (without program) which is SanDisk SDIN5C2-4G. A 4GB chip almost the same as the original KMVISOOOLM-B503 from Samsung, but this mother****er didn't had any contacts (the chip was flat, I have no idea how they can send this stuff like this) so my technician had to make one for it and he really sweat on this one. After hour struggling with the contact, the chip got in place on the motherboard which the contact pins from the motherboard got revived again with some trick of his and I have seen members on this forum crying about the missing contact pins they can't get fixed! If someone is interested, I can ask my technician to share a tutorial or something on how to get the contacts fixed in no time. :cowboy:

Tomorrow is the D-Day... my technician will try J-Tag recovery on the phone with this new 4GB chip and if everything goes well, I should have my phone working with an IMEI and all other crap working flawlessly. So, I'll post the result tomorrow. :fingers-crossed:

Money spent till now: 180 euros (hopefully I'll get the refund from the old chip which is 60 euros)
    As msedek says, not sure how legal this procedure is, especially without restoring official imei. Sorry mate, gotta report it... But then again, I really wanna see how this turns out!

I'm sharing the procedure of how to fix a completely bricked Note. It your opinion if you're going to believe that I bought this phone for 100 euros or not. I got the original box of the phone and a statement from the official service for Samsung in Macedonia that they are not able to repair the phone and the only solution is replacing the motherboard which costs 200 euros.

This thread is made for educational purposes and if you report it, you definitely don't like helping people. What do you think, I can't just simply fix my phone without sharing the adventure I'm having? I have spent 100 euros on a phone that I had no idea what's wrong with it. You don't know how much 100 euros are worth over here and believe me, nobody likes to pay 100 euros for something that doesn't works. For 100 euros you can buy a good Android smartphone, for example Sony Xperia Tipo.
    The chip arrived today guys and I'm going to leave my motherboard with the new chip at the technician. I'll post the results later tonight, stay put. :p

QBmzI7v.jpg

391BFGl.jpg
    New n7000 Motherboard

I've read somewhere about how to find a new efs imei stuff for your phone, a new generic one. If you got hope, you might find it around.

mobi323, that is a resonable price! Where you've bought your motherboard from?

aliexpress.com