Amazon Instant Video app now available

Search This thread

iBolski

Probably too little, too late, but then again, maybe not, but Amazon has finally released an android version of the Amazon Instant Video app:

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/09/amazon-prime-finally-comes-to-android-after-all-these-years/

However, no Chromecast support. Boo!

It does work. I've installed it on both my RAZR HD and my Nexus 7. However, you must also have the Amazon store app installed as well.

On the Nexus 7, you MUST install the non-tablet version of the Amazon store app. Until I installed the non-tablet version, it would keep telling me I had to install it and then would redirect me to the Amazon store web page.

sycotik

Jun 13, 2013
Anyway to get it to work offline? Looks like you can only stream. I tried to purchase a video and download it. No dice.

Richieboy67

Dec 10, 2011
CT
www.talkdevelopment.net
I meant that Amazon prime is streaming. Maybe it is different on an amazon device..I don't know. I think you may be able to download if you rent or buy but I'm not sure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

jselene

Aug 27, 2014
However, no Chromecast support. Boo!

Doesn't surprise me Amazon didn't include Chromecast, even though it is the #1 selling devices in Electronics on Amazon.

Maybe they think this will increase their streaming player's popularity... They'd be wrong. But maybe that's what they're thinking =).

iBolski

There doesn't appear to be a way to download currently on Androids. Hopefully, this will be in a future update, but I'm not sure. I'm just glad I can access my Instant videos from my Android device now without having to use the Dolphin browser. So much better.

Maybe now I can remove Flash from my device as that was the only reason I had it installed.