[ROM] Tsugi (1-4) - FINAL [2.3.4] - W/OPTIONAL OC/UV KERNELS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

miss_h

Oct 23, 2011
this rom what i really looking for !!!! n i couldn't find this >>>Theme #1: COLD - By Lotherius - Download -- Screenshots -- Updated 12-31 plz help me ~` i want to get white status bar theme

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
this rom what i really looking for !!!! n i couldn't find this >>>Theme #1: COLD - By Lotherius - Download -- Screenshots -- Updated 12-31 plz help me ~` i want to get white status bar theme

Well, the Official 2.3.4 is much more reliable than Tsugi at this point....

As for the theme... I might be convinced to port the theme. The reason you can't download it is I'm b-r-o-k-e and didn't pay my hosting bill.

Girn

Dec 20, 2009
Anyone know how to get the dialer to popup the screen where you enter a phone unlock code? cant seem to get it to work with the regular button presses

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Anyone know how to get the dialer to popup the screen where you enter a phone unlock code? cant seem to get it to work with the regular button presses

Should work the same as a stock ROM. Make sure you have the non-supported SIM inserted, or it may not work. If you're using a T-Mobile SIM or a Simple Mobile SIM, it won't work as it doesn't _need_ unlocked.

If it still doesn't work, don't know what to tell you. I no longer even have a copy of this ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OUT OF DATE Tsugi Version 2012-1-4 (a 2.3.4 "Stock" Based ROM)
    FINAL
    ---------

OUT OF DATE I RECOMMEND USING THE OTA INSTEAD
    OUT OF DATE I RECOMMEND USING THE OTA INSTEAD
    THREAD CLOSED, NOTHING NEW TO SEE HERE

---------
    This is the FINAL release of Tsugi. There are just too many bugs with the G2X regardless of which Rom a person is using to deal with. I have spent 80% of my time tracking down issues that are due to LG's code and firmware.

If someone wants to take Tsugi and fix any existing issues, they may feel free to do so. I'm not picky, as long as credit is given for the work that I did.

THIS IS BASED ON LG CODE. AS SUCH, THERE ARE A FEW KNOWN ISSUES THAT CANNOT OR HAVE NOT YET BEEN RESOLVED. DO NOT POST ANY ISSUES UNLESS YOU HAVE READ POST #2 IN ITS ENTIRETY.

---------

LATEST NEWS 1-8-12
    This, 1-4, is the FINAL release of Tsugi.

Fixed in this release is the signing issue that was causing Market purchases to fail. Also returning is Google Backup Transport.

NOTE: This Rom is Carrier-IQ FREE!

There are a number of addons that can be flashed after running the full install or the update. Not only can you flash to the P990 (LG) Camera, you can now restore the stock Android Music (instead of Google Music), set touchkey lights to be less bright, overclock and undervolt, or just overclock without undervolting for more stability. All of this and more AT POST NUMBER THREE.

Bloater is included in the Rom. If you select G2X (Lotherius) from the Bloater menu, you can add/remove a large number of items from the Rom, including T-Mobile bloat.
    ---------

Features Overview
    Based on 2.3.4 LG Code
    Notification Panel buttons, Rom Manager support, International Locales Enabled, Updated Google Apps, WiFi Calling, Init Script Support, speed tweaks, lightly themed and MORE (See Full Changelog)

---------
    FULL CHANGELOG:

Code:
    [COLOR="Navy"]
    1-4 Fix for Market Purchases
    1-4 Google Backup Transport Restored
    [/COLOR]
    12-31 Loopy Smoothness Tweak
    12-31 Fixed Network Location Failure
    12-31 Fixed Frozen Android on First Boot
    12-31 Bundled Crash-Free LG Keyboard
    12-31 Prettified GenieWidget
    12-31 Sony Bravia Engine
    12-31 Removed: Samsung Japanese IME
    12-31 Removed: Adblock Hosts File (use AdFree)
    12-7 Sent Intelligent Installer back to school. Fixed an install error.
    12-6 Intelligent Installer
    12-6 Reverted Reboot/Recovery Menu
    12-6 Added Bloater, Rom Manager & 2xReboot
    12-6 Fix (hopefully) for updating preloaded Flash.
    12-6 New init.d scripts 
     - faster zipalign
     - filesystem tweaks
     - fix wled perms
    12-1 Fixed 0% Shutdown Issue
    12-1 Removed Shutdown Sound
    11-28 Added Rom Manager Support
    11-28 AOSP Camera installed by default. LG P990 Camera available in Addons.
    11-28 Removed Flash Player from Base Build (bundling issues) - Install from Market
    11-28 Bluetooth pairing should now work.
    11-28 Fixes for Shutdown issues.
    11-25 Browser Homepage now set to Blank.
    11-25 Added locale support in Settings.APK for many locales.
    11-25 Added Toggle2G Application (signed to match ROM)
    11-25 Included Samsung Japanese IME.
    11-25 Included Optimus 2x Cam - Has a couple of remaining KNOWN ISSUES (see post#2)
    11-25 Swapped CarHome for CM7 CarHomeGoogle 
    11-25 Added Titanium Backup & Battery Calibration to default install. 
    11-25 Ringtones/Wallpapers restored to main ROM. 
    11-25 Fixed Haptic Feedback Issue
    11-25 Fixed Display issue in Wifi Calling Settings
    11-25 Fixed Market App Compatibility Issues
    11-25 Changed Notification Pulldown Item Color
    11-23 Wifi Calling Fixed (FOR REALZ)
    11-23 quick panel ported from i9000 (dreamsforgotten)
    11-23 Reboot/Recovery Menu (untermensch / sicopat)
    11-23 Accurate Battery Mod
    11-23 Removed LG Updater / Debug / what little bloat there was
    11-23 Themed (status bar / ticker / CRT Off, ICS Animations, etc)
    11-23 Startup/Shutdown anim/sound (looking for better anim, using a placeholder for now)
    11-23 Roboto Font
    11-23 Google Music (replaces stock Music.apk)
    11-23 CM7 Torch & E-Mail
    11-23 init.rc support
    11-23 busybox / su / bash / nano / sysrw / sysro
    11-23 Remove Battery Full & Battery Low Warnings 
    11-23 GPS Tweaks for USA. 
    11-23 Increased SD Read Ahead Cache to 3072
    11-23 zipalign new apk's on bootup
    11-23 Ported LG-L95G Leak

KNOWN ISSUES - BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN NO SURPRISES

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- KNOWN ISSUE --
    If you are unable to make market purchases after updating to 1-4, you might have to do a wipe and clean install to get it working, since the issue is related to the Setup Wizard.

Other issues can be found here in here in post #2.

DOWNLOAD
    1-4 DOWNLOAD: Download Tsugi-2012-1-4-1653 (SmartInstaller)

No longer need separate wipe/no-wipe installer, as this one figures it all out on its own! If you need to wipe the Kernel, grab the G2X Scrubber in post #3. (Themes and system addons may need to be reflashed)

NOTE!!! Any themes will need to be updated to 12-31 Compatibility or Settings will crash when using LG Keyboard!

UPDATES/ADDONS/MODS/KERNELS/THEMES
    These all reside here in post #3.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. BACK UP EVERYTHING JUST IN CASE!
    2. Flash in CWM.
    3. Enjoy.
    4. Now, flash any addons (including updates, mods, apps, kernels) from post #3.

CREDITS:
    Okay, I've slacked way too much in giving credit where it's due. Nothing on XDA is done in isolation and it's a great community where everyone shares. In that spirit, I should give credit where it's due.

Exonix (original 2.3.4 system image)
    JBoxer (lots of help back and forth)
    RomanBB (Bloater)
    WhiteHawkX (various posts)
    lpy (Loopy Smoothness Tweak)
    DarkyROM (Zipalign Script)
    faux123 (providing great kernels)
    topiggi (kernel boot time fix, omadmaclient removal)
    dreamsforgotten (control panel porting)
    nrvnqsrxk's (gps tweaks)
    capez (ics anims)
    nubecoder (edify script info)
    Raziel23x (APK Multi Tool)
    dsixda (dsixda Kitchen)
    jesusfreke (smali tools)
    teamwhiskey (Mod Version howto)
    http://goo.gl/4QHBC (how to repack kernel)
    http://goo.gl/pMxsP - (Smali Tutorials)
    Sony (Bravia Engine - dunno who did it first)
    LG (making Roms so bad I had to learn to hack Roms)
    CM7 Team: Bits & Pieces
    Thread Participants (Putting up with bugs!)
    Donators!!! (Prompting me for the last TWO updates!)
    Someone I Forgot (Something Important, msg me!)
    Tsugi Addons & Packs

A collection of PACKS AND ADDONS for Tsugi 2.3.4. Some of these may work on other Roms, but they are specifically designed to work on the L95G 2.3.4 leak upon which Tsugi is based, and specifically on Tsugi itself.

G2X Scrubber
    The G2X Scrubber is designed to format your system, data and cache partitions. It will also take them back to ext3 after having had them as ext4 partitions, so you can use an ext3 kernel. If you want to revert to the STOCK kernel on Tsugi after using Oyasumi, this is required. It is also useful to ensure a FULL WIPE with no traces of the old left behind. WARNING: THIS WILL WIPE YER PHONE. It won't be bootable after run this script, UNTIL you Flash a New Rom. Instructions: 1. Flash G2X Scrubber in CWM. 2. Flash ANY Rom of Your Choice.
    Download: NO DOWNLOAD LINK THANKS TO UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT

Stock Apps & Bloat
    • Stock (AOSP) Camera - NO DOWNLOAD LINK THANKS TO UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT - Restore fully functioning but less pretty camera.
    • P990 (LG) Camera Update -NO DOWNLOAD LINK THANKS TO UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT - Reverts FFC fixes to Fix Rear Cam Video. *sigh* Or just to restore P990 (LG) Camera after using Stock (AOSP) Camera.
    • Stock Music - NO DOWNLOAD LINK THANKS TO UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT- Restores Stock Android Music Player (with DTS)

Bonus Items
    • LG 2X Keyboard - Now bundled with Tsugi Installer.
    • Dimmer Touch Buttons - NO DOWNLOAD LINK THANKS TO UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT - Adds a small script to turn down Touch Button brightness on bootup.

Kernels
    Even though I provide these kernels matched to this ROM, I cannot and will not troubleshoot any freeze/crash/SOD issues due to these being known issues with the underlying kernel and I am not actually a kernel dev
    That said, if you have issues running at any speed on the Undervolted Kernel, then use the Stock Voltage Kernel as it should prove more reliable.

• Oyasumi 0.1 SV -NO DOWNLOAD LINK THANKS TO UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT - (Stock Voltage - Max 1408, Based on Faux123 1.3)
    • Oyasumi 0.1 UV -NO DOWNLOAD LINK THANKS TO UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT - (Undervolted - Max 1550, Based on Faux123 1.3)

Themes

Theme #1: COLD - By Lotherius - Download -- Screenshots -- Updated 12-31
    This theme gives you a bright status bar, notification pulldown and popups. Shadows are chilled, and those warm oranges all over have been frozen to a cold blue. Even the normal black backgrounds in Android have taken on a slight chill. What you can't see in the screenshots is that nearly all of the framework & SystemUI effects have been recolored to have the blues. Not only the overscroll, but radio buttons, checkboxes, pressed item highlights, etc. (note: Wallpaper in the screenshots is available in the Wallpaper Gallery already). Download updated to V2 with fixes for bluetooth crashing and updater-script issue that may have prevented it actually working.

Theme #2: Colorized Androidian - By bmann_420 -- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1374860 -- Screenshots in post.

Theme #3: Original Tsugi Theme -- Download -- The original theme from Tsugi 12-7 and older. Settings.apk still has color because I didn't feel like making a separate Settings file, and some fixes were made in the settings. But the rest of the theme is from the older Tsugi.
    Have a test version baking on my phone for a post-Christmas update :) Thought I'd let you guys know it was upcoming.

I honestly would go ahead and post the files for folks to test, but I can't upload until I get to a real internet connection.

There will be TWO versions, actually.

One will have the standard load of apps that Tsugi has normally had, but the second will be an "LG Experience" version complete with LG Launcher and widgets.

Both versions will include the following updates:
    Code:
    Fixed:
    network location issues
    frozen android on startup

Added:
    LG Keyboard that Doesn't Crash
    Sony Bravia Engine 

updated:
    Theme: Hybrid Gingerbread/LG/Other
    Flash Player, Google Maps, Rom Manager, Titanium Backup

removed:
    Samsung Japanese IME

I spent a bit of time trying to make bluetooth more reliable, even trying some libraries from 2.3.3, and no dice. It's just gonna have to be the case that 2.3.4 isn't the Rom for people who depend on Bluetooth :(

However, I did get the LG Keyboard fully working and it will be included on both versions. It will not crash settings as it did before (yay)... This means, though, that anyone who has themed the Settings.apk will need to include the Classes.dex file from the new settings.apk in their theme, as the fix had to be made there.

EDIT: Had included a swap_sd script, but apparently I included the wrong file and it *didn't actually do anything* ... so I removed it for now...

Also, some pretty significant changes to the theme apply to BOTH versions. There will be a flashable zip for the old Tsugi theme.
    OP Updated with full changes - be warned that if using a Theme, you'll need to use an updated version for 12-31 compatibility to avoid any issues when using LG Keyboard (changes are actually in Settings.apk). If using an older theme that hasn't been updated, use the Settings.apk from this release and you should be fine.

Barring any major issues, this may be the last update to Tsugi for a while. I'm actually using MIUI at the moment (my personal build here: http://altername.net/g2x/M2XbyLoth-12-30.zip - ported with extended settings), but I do believe this is a good version of Tsugi.

The G2X just has me frustrated. No matter where you turn there are "issues"... I still like the speed and reliability of 2.3.4 over 2.3.3, but there are a couple of features that have me on MIUI at the moment.

I do appreciate everyone's support and fully intend to remain active here in the community, but just not much more on either Rom.
    FAQ / KNOWN ISSUES / TROUBLESHOOTING

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING THAT SOMETHING DOES NOT WORK AS EXPECTED!

I didn't want to put this at the top, but I guess I have to.

IF YOU ARE USING ONE OF THE ADDON OVERCLOCKING KERNELS YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR PHONE MAY BECOME UNSTABLE, CRASH, REBOOT, OR TAKE OVER THE GALAXY AS OUR NEW ANDROID OVERLORD.

It may look like there are MORE known issues with this Rom than there are with others. I don't believe there are. The difference is, I'm open and honest about every flaw I know of, whether I think it is due to the quality of my own work, or is a pre-existing issue with the LG firmware or even hardware. You shouldn't have to "just know" about certain problems. So I'm very clear about any known issues. Many of these issues exist in other LG Roms as well, they just are not documented.

-- TIPS --
    If you have any problems installing the Rom, wipe the system completely by flashing G2XScrubber from Post #3 and then flash the Rom again. This applies especially if coming from any other 2.3.4 Rom other than Tsugi (Such as Jboxer's Roms) since they have a different kernel than I use.

-- DOWNLOADER TRICKS--
    1: I flashed this Rom and it won't boot/bootloops/loads but everything is messed up!
    Make sure you actually downloaded the correct file. Only the CORE DOWNLOAD is a full Rom. You may not, cannot, and will regret, if you use an Updater on any other Rom. If you are still having trouble flashing, use the G2XScrubber from post #3 first. It will format your system, cache and data partitions pre-wipe to make sure there are no leftovers from an older Rom.

2: I flashed the Rom, and now my themes are gone!
    By "No-Wipe" in this case, it *does* wipe the /system/ partition which is where your themes and boot animations are loaded. Your data partition, however, is safe. You will need to reinstall any themes or SYSTEM Add-Ons that you installed in CWM or with Root access.

-- BROKEN STUFF --
    1: I get reboots when mounting/unmounting my SD Card.
    This appears to be an issue in the underlying LG code which I have not found the cause for at this time. It does not affect all users, so it may have to do with individual SD Cards. If you are having this problem, try formatting both your internal and external SD Cards. I don't know if that will fix it, though, as I personally don't have the problem.

2: I get a SOD or Crash while using Bluetooth.
    Again, it appears to be an underlying LG Issue. I've made a little progress, but still haven't solved the issue.

3: My phone randomly reboots.
    Appears that there may still be some LG issues with that. My phone doesn't do it, but some do. If you're using the Under Volted kernel, then try the Stock Voltage one. Hope for a bug-free ICS release. See Broken Stuff #1 also. Use the stock kernel if all else fails.

-- KNOWN ISSUES --
    1: A popup says "radio was denied root permissions" when I boot my phone!!!!
    Run the Toggle2G app. Approve root permissions. If you don't want the Toggle2G app, you can remove it using Bloater, which is pre-installed. You didn't uninstall Bloater, did you?

2: The Reboot and Recovery options are missing.
    These 2 items have been temporarily removed from the Power Menu until I can further troubleshoot issues people were having getting the phone to actually, you know, shut off. For now, use the included 2XReboot app if you need to easily reboot into recovery. But really, with Rom Manager updates now, you shouldn't need to!

3: I got a force close from the Media process on first bootup!
    This is due to a corrupt file or thumbnail on your memory card. It will only happen on the first bootup, but if it really bugs you you'll have to remove the corrupt file from your memory card. Most of the time it's a thumbnail. This bug also exists on stock LG Roms, it isn't a Tsugi issue.

4: I flashed Faux123 or DragonG2X or some other kernel and it doesn't work right! Y U NO MAKE IT WORK?
    Actually... ..... download Oyasumi - the 2.3.4 overclocking Kernel from Post #3 - and you'll be all set. Oyasumi is essentially Faux123 1.3 recompiled and packed with init scripts for 2.3.4. So you should expect the same performance - and issues - of Faux123 v1.3. That said, I cannot and will not troubleshoot crash/freeze/reboot/SOD issues with any kernel other than the one that comes in the core ROM.

5: I don't want WiFi Calling.
    Then delete /system/app/kineto.apk with root explorer. If you do you're going to get force closes immediately, but just pull battery and restart, and it will all be good. There is some debate over whether or not the libraries that support it use battery. I don't think they do, but Kineto.apk sure does. Soon you'll be able to remove it using the Bloater app.

6: My GPS is screwy. Again.
    Lol, so is mine. But seriously, folks... This includes the best GPS fix I could find and it works for me and many others. It's still not where I'd say I'm "pleased" with it, but it has gotten me out of pinches. That said, it is tuned for the central USA. If you are in Europe or Uzbekistan or Atlantis, then you might need to redo your gps.conf with some local servers. That's something the factory normally does for you when it targets the market to sell a phone to.

7: I don't like the boot animation.
    Instead of messaging me privately with your feelings about how the boot animation threatens your masculinity, learn to change it yourself. For those who don't feel threatened by it, it's actually a reference to a character named Kyuube from the anime Madoka Magica. And, once you get to know the character, he's the anti-cute.

---------------
    What? Your issue isn't one of those above? Congratulations, you might have a reason to gripe/complain/compliment! Go for it!