[KERNEL][Stock 4.4] 22-12-2013 Enhanced Kernel (All models) - sweep2sleep/fast charge

Search This thread

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
Based on 13.11.3Q2.X-69-3-2 source
Compatible with all unlocked GSM/Verizon models on stock Android 4.4 (uses existing ramdisk)

Features:
- Built with Linaro toolchain
- Init.d support
- Stock undervolted
- Fast charge
- Voltage Control
- Custom sweep2sleep (swipe from right-to-left at the bottom of the screen)
- Max screen off frequency (default 706mhz)

Download 0.3: http://d-h.st/Xxq
* Tested with TWRP/CWM. The installer will create a backup of your boot image before starting.
* Settings are compatible with Trickster Mod

Source: https://github.com/rob43/motox_kernel

0.3 Changes:
- Lowered stock undervolt amount for stability
- Harder to activate sweep2sleep

Last edited:

Bradart

Jan 9, 2008
Belleville, IL
I'm going to install this. At the risk of sounding like I'm new here, if this borks my phone, I can just fastboot the stock boot image, yes?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

matt99017d

Nov 17, 2011
Camas WA
Yea, @jwthompson just re-read it and realized it was for unlocked devices.....boo.
I got all excited when I saw "stock"

I was hoping I could extract it and fastboot it.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Platy87

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
Please update if you downloaded v1, wifi had issues with the first release.

Al936

Mar 10, 2007
Does not work for me: bootloop with bootlogo and blank screen. XT1058 Latam with unlocked bootloader with T-Mobile 4.4 stock ROM. Open Recovery as custom recovery.
After restoring original boot.img from backup (made in Open Recovery) I am not able to find boot_backup.img. Looks like it is not created at all.

Last edited:

Al936

Mar 10, 2007
Installed via dhacker29's CWM6.0.4.5 recovery and the kernel works.

Last edited:

timpohladthomas

Aug 25, 2010
Kernel works good on xt1060...however....could sweep to sleep be moved to the top? I keep accidentally putting it to sleep when typing.

Reactions: d14gvn

mazubo

Jun 24, 2011
OnePlus 8
Thanks OP! I can't believe it's taken this long to develop a kernel ; thanks for your efforts! What are your plans for the kernel? Cheers! :):beer:

timpohladthomas

Aug 25, 2010
Anyone else having issues accessing the wifi settings menu? Not quite sure why the kernel would affect this, unless it cant load wifi connections, but it freezes upon entry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based on 13.11.3Q2.X-69-3-2 source
    Compatible with all unlocked GSM/Verizon models on stock Android 4.4 (uses existing ramdisk)

Features:
    - Built with Linaro toolchain
    - Init.d support
    - Stock undervolted
    - Fast charge
    - Voltage Control
    - Custom sweep2sleep (swipe from right-to-left at the bottom of the screen)
    - Max screen off frequency (default 706mhz)

Download 0.3: http://d-h.st/Xxq
    * Tested with TWRP/CWM. The installer will create a backup of your boot image before starting.
    * Settings are compatible with Trickster Mod

Source: https://github.com/rob43/motox_kernel

0.3 Changes:
    - Lowered stock undervolt amount for stability
    - Harder to activate sweep2sleep
    Aight, I ordered the nanoSIM to microSIM card adapter - once I get that and can confirm it works in my GSIII, I'll start talking to faux.
    I'm quite busy for the next while and I'm not certain when I'll have time to spend on this kernel. The code for the last version is on github for anyone that wants to work on it.
    The Dev has more or less said that they've stopped work on this, at least for now.

LastSilmaril was talking about getting a Moto X to faux for development, not sure if anything happened there.

Sent from my XT1080DE

I finally received the nano-to-micro SIM adapter today and it seems to be working in my GS III. I'm gonna try to PM him and gauge his interest now.