no LTE on at&t - unlocked m919

Search This thread

nir360

Aug 27, 2014
I've seen several discussions about this but didn't seem to find a working solution. I'm currently using GNF1 V3 NB4, I tried using the apn settings for at&t and also called them to make sure they have the correct imei number. Also, for some reason under the "Network mode" I don't have an LTE option, I only have WCDMA/GSM, GSM ONLY AND WCDMA ONLY. I am able to get 4G but no LTE. Is there any solution or any other way to solve this problem?

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
I've seen several discussions about this but didn't seem to find a working solution. I'm currently using GNF1 V3 NB4, I tried using the apn settings for at&t and also called them to make sure they have the correct imei number. Also, for some reason under the "Network mode" I don't have an LTE option, I only have WCDMA/GSM, GSM ONLY AND WCDMA ONLY. I am able to get 4G but no LTE. Is there any solution or any other way to solve this problem?

Change ro.product.name= in the build.prop to say jfltetmo

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Give you the LTE option in network modes and change the icon. Speeds? Probably since youll have LTE back

nir360

Aug 27, 2014
Give you the LTE option in network modes and change the icon. Speeds? Probably since youll have LTE back

ok, i have the LTE option in "network modes" now, however the speed is more or less the same and I don't have LTE bar, not sure whether it's because of my current location or what.. is there anything else I could edit to try to make it work?

nir360

Aug 27, 2014
If I change the ro.product.model , name and device to at&t values would I get the LTE speeds just like an at&t s4?

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ok, i have the LTE option in "network modes" now, however the speed is more or less the same and I don't have LTE bar, not sure whether it's because of my current location or what.. is there anything else I could edit to try to make it work?

When I bought this phone from T-Mobile I was still on an AT&T plan. Before I jumped ship over to Net10 Wireless I used AT&T's LTE all over Pensacola. That was on a sim-unlocked, unrooted, otherwise 100% stock M919. Did you double-check your APN's? Perhaps you're just not in an area where you can pick up LTE?

nir360

Aug 27, 2014
Yes I use the correct apns the ones that at&t gave me, but im gonna try to go back to stock then change the apns to at&t and maybe that will work.. but even if it will, I don't know if I could keep using GNF1 or would I have to use a different rom, anybody else have or had issues with getting LTE on at&t while using custom roms and knows roms that work? (Preferably tw)

Wlld1

May 15, 2009
Novosibirsk
See your network type in settings > about phone > status. Try to get LTE with your AT&T SIM on another phone then install it back to your M919.

Sent from my Samsung M919 using XDA developers app