[Q] bootloop and red triangle in recovery mode HELP NEEDED!

Search This thread

ErwinVermeulen

Jun 28, 2011
Dear guys from XDA,

I think I messed up real good this time. My rooted HTC Desire with a 2.2 ROM wasn't taking the update which I wanted to do. To fix this I tried to manually update my phone by downloading the update on my computer and run it via Recovery mode. I used the option install zip from sd card.

Unfortunately by doing so, I did not realize I deleted my ROM and replaced it with an update. Now I'm stuck with a phone in bootloop and red triangle when trying to access recovery mode to install my older ROM (which I usually did when I messed it up).

I know I can press the volume up button and reboot but then I get stuck into a bootloop. Eventually I have to pull the battery out and I'm back at the beginning. Can't do anything anymore.

I tried many tutorials but I could not fix this, also I'm not really into the 'techy' stuff so can you guys be real clear in your help.

Last edited:

jordan.harris01

Jan 4, 2011
sounds like you're just missing a ROM on your phone. Can't you just download the ROM you want, put it on your SD card and flash that to get back up and running? Or restore a NANDroid backup?

...assuming you mean you rooted your phone and then failed at flashing a ROM..but it sounds like you might mean you attempted to download and OTA update after being rooted?

Download a ROM, put it on your SD card, boot into Recovery (vol. down + power), wipe all data, cache, dalvik, then install the new ROM from the SD card.

Last edited:

ErwinVermeulen

Jun 28, 2011
Hi,

thx for your reply. I am indeed missing a ROM. The problem is that I can't access the option 'install zip from sdcard' in my recovery mode. I am now trying to rename a ROM as update.zip so I can install that. Any further suggestions?

dzumagos

Dec 3, 2010
yes it helps you

you can run a RUU now

just plug phone with usb cable to PC, boot into fastboot mode and execute the RUU.exe

it will go back to stock, you will lose root and custom recovery but at least it will boot up, so you can root again etc.

Reactions: ErwinVermeulen

ErwinVermeulen

Jun 28, 2011
Thx guys! that did it for me! Really easy job! You have no idea how relieved I am right now. Some tech-guys at my local computer shop told me to send it back to the manufacturer cuz the ROM needed to be synced with the motherboard. I already thought it was a weird story.

Again, thx XDA!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

thx for your reply. I am indeed missing a ROM. The problem is that I can't access the option 'install zip from sdcard' in my recovery mode. I am now trying to rename a ROM as update.zip so I can install that. Any further suggestions?

Can you get into fastboot ? (back button + power)
    yes it helps you

you can run a RUU now

just plug phone with usb cable to PC, boot into fastboot mode and execute the RUU.exe

it will go back to stock, you will lose root and custom recovery but at least it will boot up, so you can root again etc.