CLOSED! [How-To] Root/Unroot The SGT 10.1 GT-P7510 USA Retail WiFi HoneyComb Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
S

S0ckM0nk3y

Remember this if for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 USA RETAIL WIFI ONLY. And it's Honeycomb only I don't have any files for ICS.

Jms122589

Jun 3, 2011
Elk river MN
so im not sure if this has been brought up or not but whatever...iv tried flashing the recovery via odin on my wifi usa galaxy tab 10.1 on stock ics...anyways i have tried a few times but the recovery does not seem to take. everytime i boot up the stock recovery shows up. this isnt my first time to the ODIN radio, (vibrant sgs2 and sgs3) so im just a little confused what the deal is.
Edit: i looked in download mode and it says i have flashed "custom binary" 3 times but yet the recovery remains stock...there is an option to flash update...so i could flash the root but...my copmmon sense says no

Last edited:
S

S0ckM0nk3y

Did you read the post above your post completely?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

S

S0ckM0nk3y

I don't like to flame anyone. We all were once new at this and we all miss read ot miss type so that's how I look at it ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

iqak

Apr 28, 2008
Sacramento
Unroot MD5 Help

OK
I've tried Googling.
I've tried Searching this thread AND XDA.
Too many results without much clarity.
It looks like the files may not have orginally had the MD5 Extension.

What do I do with the MD5 extension on the TAR files I need?:confused:
I believe I need a *.tar file to unroot, (not a *.tar.md5)

I'm about to:
Unroot.
Update
Then if possible, Re-Root my Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi only US.

iqak

Apr 28, 2008
Sacramento
OK
I've tried Googling.
I've tried Searching this thread AND XDA.
Too many results without much clarity.
It looks like the files may not have orginally had the MD5 Extension.

What do I do with the MD5 extension on the TAR files I need?:confused:
I believe I need a *.tar file to unroot, (not a *.tar.md5)

I'm about to:
Unroot.
Update
Then if possible, Re-Root my Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi only US.

Looks Like Odin works with the MD5's natively.

sun1204

Sep 29, 2012
Link download

Can anyone please repost the download link, that link is not working anymore :crying:

xXMRH09Xx

Jan 9, 2012
Oklahoma
I would love a link to this as well. I am trying to play with the Ubuntu OS thats in development and I think they recommend installing from a rooted honeycomb. If anyone has a link to this or any other rooted honeycomb odin file I would be forever grateful!

yakatoy

Feb 8, 2013
Seattle
Working link????

Can someone please repost the link as it does not work anymore or does anyone know of another link/thread that they have found to work? Really wanting to root my tablet!!!!! Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Working link????

Can someone please repost the link as it does not work anymore or does anyone know of another link/thread that they have found to work? Really wanting to root my tablet!!!!! Thank you in advance.
    Ok I've tried both rooting guides and running into an issue I've not had before rooting my phones, I followed the instructions and installed the drivers from the other post. I put my new tablet in download mode and start Odin and plug it in. If it recognizes and I select the recovery file and start it. I it connects and starts loading the image and after 30secs or so my laptop bluescreens with a drv_ira something error and reboots. I I've tried reinstalling drivers as administration, and run Odin as administration, and turn off firewall and av, and it still does the same thing. I does anyone have any ideas as what might be wrong or what should try? I had to head back to work so figured I would ask for when get home. This has never happened with any phone I've done. I appreciate any help.
    Zug

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Edit: ok got home and re did some work. I found a video and went off of that.. just as some advice (that wasn't listed in writing) I had to uncheck the f-reset in odin, i used a different usb port. I also used the files in a folder on the desktop like the video instead of a folder in my downloads. One of those 3 things fixed the issue and I no longer got the blue screen. So, if you run into this issue, try one of these and that should hopefully help you as well.

Zug
    Does anyone have links to the stock tar? Have lots of people looking for it

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-P7510

I believe USA is region XAB, you can highlight over the regions