Android Market - Can't Buy Software - Says I already bought it

Search This thread

can6rxw

Jan 16, 2008
I was trying to download Facedroid - Purchase it - and it said I already purchased it and won't install. I went to applications and uninstalled the updates for the market but no go. I did read through some of the posts on similar topics here but didn't seem applicable. Any ideas??

wtgserpant

Feb 10, 2012
New York
market dilema

I was trying to download Facedroid - Purchase it - and it said I already purchased it and won't install. I went to applications and uninstalled the updates for the market but no go. I did read through some of the posts on similar topics here but didn't seem applicable. Any ideas??

Which ROM are you on? maybe you can clear caches and give it another shot ...... :eek:

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
Just a thought... are you using go launcher? They recently fixed a problem where icons were not showing up for installed apps. My thinking here is its already installed but you just can't see it.
If this its the case, install the update for go launcher. goto settings and manage apps and uninstall the program you're wanting. then go back to the market and get it again and it wont hide from you anymore.
I'm probably a mile off base, so onto the next suggestion if I am.:eek:

If you can read this it was sent using my GT-P7510.

can6rxw

Jan 16, 2008
I'm running stock OS. No changes. I am running ADW though. I went and cleared cache and removed updates for the Market. Odd....it says I purchased it even on the internet linked site so that leads me to believe it's my profile with Google.

Funny enough...I don't mind trying apps, but if I want it, I'll buy it. I wanted this app and was trying to pay for it and Puff the Magic Dragon showed up!! :) No app for you, come back...one year! :)

djdanska

Nov 2, 2006
Chicagoland
Did you remove your credit/debit card off your google wallet/checkout account? I did that once and had the same problem. Once i added and verified my mastercard, i was able to download again.

tallgrasshawk

Feb 7, 2011
Im havimg the same problem. I cant purchase swiftkey, says on the apps page i purchased it, but when i click install it says i didnt purchase the app.

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
Many people are posting they have the same problem, but nobody is saying if they have tried the suggested fixes or not. ???

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

can6rxw

Jan 16, 2008
Well, I tried everything execpt removing my CC. I'll have to try that tonight as it's home and I'm "working" :) Thank you for the suggestions everyone!! Maybe a market update is needed....

mobilemaduk

Apr 3, 2007
Sheffield
I had this a while ago. Think I logged onto web market and said install via there and that sorted it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

lorinkundert

Nov 9, 2011
Shenzhen
The Opposite

I get the opposite, Market tells me I purchased an app correctly then tells me when I ask to install it that I did not purchase it, lol

What a joke Market is

tallgrasshawk

Feb 7, 2011
Got a reply from the android market people they said it's a known problem for some apps and are working on it

Stormtronic

Feb 21, 2012
I'm actually having the same issue, but it's with downloading ADWLauncher EX itself. The market website thinks I've purchased it, but I haven't. I sideloaded ADW first, to see how well it works. Deleted it, tried to purchase it, not working. Cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, everything. It has to be an issue with the market itself. So, yeah. Just a small confirmation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got pointed to this link with many reports of it fixes this issue. Looks promising but haven't tried it.
    Looks as your PC may be needed to do it... A little German wouldn't hurt but If you pay enough attention I think you'll figure it out without knowing any German. ;)
    The link comes from user "zephiK"
    "http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23356474&postcount=18 is a workaround. Currently there is a bug with the Android Market (or now Google Play) where if you load a apk using the same signatures, it will think that you purchased the app (such as installing the APK in OP) and won't let you buy it. The link I linked is a workaround and will allow you to buy..."
    All credit goes to zephiK For pointing it out and the OP for the Actual fix.
    Make sure you find a way to thank him if this helps you. :D

EDIT: Just tried this myself and it WORKS! Used Chrome Browser and the instructions and it allowed me to purchase a side loaded app that was not free in the Market, I'd not bought anywhere, but was marked Purchased. Even after changing true to false it still read "purchased" on the button but when I clicked the "purchased" button it allowed me to purchase the app. :D
    I have a feeling that this is related to the new google play store app that's being pushed to many devices. I just went to settings applications all apps found play store app, cleared the cache, data, forced stop it and uninstalled it. Started my market and had to accept the terms again but it fixed a few issues.
    So first see if you've been pushed this app and maybe uninstall like I did and then do the following. If you don't have the play (store) app I'd try the following anyway.
    I'd try clearing the cache and data, then force closing of all market apps in settings, applications, all, but not uninstalling them. Then reboot, goto the market using the normal icon, accept the terms and see if it helps.
    Let me know if anyone is successful or not :)
    Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

No, this issue has been around for months. Different roms, devices, market versions, web market. You can't give your money away! This has to do with Amazon and Google. That's just what it is. It won't get fixed.