(MOD)(BL1.2ROM-CM-10)SmOoTher_BeAn_4.1.2(G-tablet)(Updated 02/01/13)

Search This thread

junooni

Jul 2, 2007
Dubai
Give me the day and I will pm you with something to try out that has gotten me out of a jam a time or two. Have work today and won't have any computer time till later this afternoon.

thanks....looking forward. i must say that the same thing used to happen to me in ICS roms so i've basically stopped at HC roms that work like a charm. I checked my system partition and its 350megs...

sent from my G Tablet on Flashback HC rom

dsrhokie

Apr 7, 2011
If this is based on the Team DRH Dirty Bean - it doesn't work there either. Last time I saw this issue was when the "phone" apps were not installed as part of the selected apps on ICS - it pairs but no BT audio.

Ah yes...I remember that now. There were 2 or 3 apps that were required, the phone apk, telephony something-or-other apk, and perhaps one other. I will pull those out of the last DRH ICS build, sideload them as system apps, and report back...will be later tonight.

Thanks again,

Dave

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
I'm having the same problem. Which old market fix did you use? Thanks.

Ahh yes the good old day hacks. Go into system setting, apps, all apps. Find both Google Service Framework and Google Play. Starting with Service Framework you want to clear data, then the Play Store you want to clear both cache and data. Then exit out and open Google Play and you should get a server error, while still on that screen press the power button and reboot. When device boots back up all should be well.

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
thanks....looking forward. i must say that the same thing used to happen to me in ICS roms so i've basically stopped at HC roms that work like a charm. I checked my system partition and its 350megs...

sent from my G Tablet on Flashback HC rom

Well buddy there is your issue first off. The OP clearly states that you need to NVFlash your device to have a 250m system not a 350. I don't know if that is a typo or that is what you actually have. If it is you are going to need to do some work so that the data on the different current partitions will not cause issues when backing down to a 250m system. Just go home and booted up the beast. Let me get back with ya on that PM.

jguy

Nov 17, 2007
Google Pixel 6
All I can say is WOW! Fantastic ROM. The only hiccup I had was that I got an "unable to reach server" error in Google Play. I did the old market fix from the froyo days and that did the trick. Thanks much.

Ahh yes the good old day hacks. Go into system setting, apps, all apps. Find both Google Service Framework and Google Play. Starting with Service Framework you want to clear data, then the Play Store you want to clear both cache and data. Then exit out and open Google Play and you should get a server error, while still on that screen press the power button and reboot. When device boots back up all should be well.

Thank you. I give it a shot.

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
Links are down until I can find another server or someone can post a mirror. I new it was going to happen just didn't know when Sorry:crying:

Edit: Working on a new server. Give it a min.

Updated OP Links are live.

Try not to Crash this one. I can't use Dropbox Public Links for three days because of all you guys :p

Last edited:

slammed2000

Apr 24, 2006
AWESOME!!!!!

The only thing i can say is WOW!! been running for little over a day now and i dont think this tablet has ever moved this fast or smooth!!! you have truely given me a reason not to get rid of this tablet for a little longer. THANK YOU VERY much and keep up the awesome work.

dsrhokie

Apr 7, 2011
Ah yes...I remember that now. There were 2 or 3 apps that were required, the phone apk, telephony something-or-other apk, and perhaps one other. I will pull those out of the last DRH ICS build, sideload them as system apps, and report back...will be later tonight.

Thanks again,

Dave

Well that wasn't it...this ROM has those apps baked in. Was hoping it was something simple...anyone have another idea?

tenet420

Jan 7, 2011
Hello, I have one of those gtabs that wont run ICS or JB!!!

I have nvflashed with the files linked in the op. I'm on bootloader 1.2 with a 250mb system and sdcard partitioned to 4096/0. This is not my first day at the rodeo :)

The tab boots fine after nvflash if I let it load the stock ROM. However, when I try to load this build (or any other ICS/JB build other than dirtyICS1.3) I get stuck on the birds.

To be exact - Three birds screen loads for about 5 seconds, the screen flashes black for 1 second, then the three birds screen loads again and that is where she stays.

Thank you for any help and suggestions.

Sent from my Droid using xda app-developers app
(Ya, I still use my OG Droid daily)

Reactions: speedymice

catman2005

Oct 6, 2010
Do we still have a problem with USB connection when sleeps?

I love the ROM.
But I just tried to get into the tablet while was connected to USB PC.
It looks dead now.
What are my options?
Thank you for the help!

Cat

Sorry, Not enough patience to wait for someone to answer.
I took the Tablet apart, disconnected the battery, reconnected and I am up and running now!

Still a great ROM!!!

Last edited:

dsrhokie

Apr 7, 2011
BT Audio Fix

To solve the issue of sound coming from the tablet speakers while paired with a BT headset/speaker, do the following:

1. Using your favorite file manager, go to \System\Etc and make a copy of audio_policy.conf
2. Edit the original audio_policy.conf: Towards the bottom of the file, there is a section that begins with "a2dp". Within that section, change the sampling rate from "48000" to "44100"
3. Save the changes, reboot, and profit.

Credit goes to eSbek from the Transformer Prime forum.

Last edited:

tsukaza

Aug 31, 2010
Great work on this ROM! Any way to get back the navigation bar and soft keys? I know they are redundant with the hw buttons, but I can't see the hw buttons in the dark. Thanks.

I got them back when I switch LCD density from 160 to 120 and reboot.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

To solve the issue of sound coming from the tablet speakers while paired with a BT headset/speaker, do the following:

1. Using your favorite file manager, go to \System\Etc and make a copy of audio_policy.conf
2. Edit the original audio_policy.conf: Towards the bottom of the file, there is a section that begins with "a2dp". Within that section, change the sampling rate from "48000" to "44100"
3. Save the changes, reboot, and profit.

Credit goes to eSbek from the Transformer Prime forum.

I tried the solution but cannot find the file audio_policy.come under /system/etc, I managed to find the original file in Google git repo and copied it into /system/etc, rebooted sound still works but need to be home to test BT headphone.

Thanks for sharing.

I got them back when I switch LCD density from 160 to 120 and reboot.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Good suggestion. I got the soft keys back as well as smaller icons with the dock moved to the bottom instead of the right side. The notification bar on top also moved to the bottom as part of the navigation bar. Overall, I think I like it better this way.

There are now two versions listed in the OP to download. One at 160 dpi and one at 120 dpi. Is the build.prop setting the only difference in them?

Thanks.

dmwaid

Nov 19, 2009
350 or 250 System Partition

Before you say the OP said 250, please read my question. This is what the Alpha Dirty-Bean post said concerning Jelly Bean: "In this release the system size has increased from 200MB (stock gtab) to 350MB." Do the changes in this version require us to go back from 350 to 250 in order for it to work?

blaze1tx

Aug 21, 2008
Austin
Quick Thanks and question...

It don't need it trust me. This this is pre-charged in the build prop.:D

WOW! Great job!!! Especially considering your a self proclaimed non-dev :cool:

Hope these arent dumb questions but...... is overclocking available with this build? Has anyone ran SPB 3D or a "fancy launcher"??

Also this ROM does run super slick and smooth, but im getting occasional lags after unlocking or just minimal multi tasking :eek: (would overclock help) I followed instructions to the letter and as I said its not a deal breaker cause its so freaking nice. Any tips would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the killer work!!!

JEZZEJAMEZ

Jun 4, 2012
Detroit
WOW! Great job!!! Especially considering your a self proclaimed non-dev :cool:

Hope these arent dumb questions but...... is overclocking available with this build? Has anyone ran SPB 3D or a "fancy launcher"??

Also this ROM does run super slick and smooth, but im getting occasional lags after unlocking or just minimal multi tasking :eek: (would overclock help) I followed instructions to the letter and as I said its not a deal breaker cause its so freaking nice. Any tips would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the killer work!!!

I oc to 1.2
Also running spb shell 3d it runs better after a few shut downs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just when you thought it couldn't get any Better. Then I give you Greatness​

Disclaimer
    I do not take responsibility for anything that happens to your stuff
    If you load this it is your responsibility to fix it if things go wrong
    While Running this ROM you think "WOW this is just Fantastic" then Your Welcome
    If your device runs away and gets Married to a Rock Star
    then all I got to say is sorry that it is soooo SmOoTh :cyclops:

If you want to repost this onto another site
    Please ask Permission to do so
    or just post the link back to here
    THANK YOU

For starters I am not a Developer, I am just a normal Guy with a Linux Machine and a Dream.

Special thanks goes towards fosser2, the DRH team and redeyedjedi. Without them I wouldn't of been
    able to do any of this.

The new SmoOth is using CM-10 4.1.2 base built from source by redeyedjedi with a nice
    face lift and some extras. It is desighned to create for you a great gaming experience as well as everyday use.

Let me introduce you to the New SmoOther Creation.

ScreenShot
    Smoother_Bean.ver1.5.2.png

Screenshots on the Inverted Version​
    Because that is how I ROLL​

Smoother_Bean.ver1.5.2-Apps.png

I will only Support my Installation Instructions
    I have tested it with my own G-Tablet with these
    exact instructions.

Installation Instruction.
    You will need to be on BL 1.2 and have a 250m system partition (recomended).
    (You can run this on a 350m system setup)
    You must know how to back up your existing system. That is only being said once
    Boot into Recovery and do a Nandroid Backup Wipe data/factory reset,
    go into "mounts and storage" and "mount & format system"
    Partition Internal SD to 4096/0 in Advance settings (if already skip this part)
    Download Rom and Place onto internal storage
    Install Rom
    Reboot into system, Complete initial setup

AND HOLD ON TIGHT

DIRTY FLASHING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. YOUR MOM SHOULD OF TAUGHT YOU HOW TO WIPE

This ROM is bare bone striped down the apps and replaced with lighter counter parts.
    The only addition I included is minimum Gapps some choice addons and Rom ToolBox to OC, change I/O schedulars
    and other adjustments you would like to make. (Recomended Memory Manager Preset setting= Strict)
    Check apply on boot then apply settings. Perfomance settings still need to be worked out within the ROM for I/O settings.
    Also for Task Killing without a app go to system settings/Developer options (Turn on first)
    then select "Background process limit" to (No background processes or Limit to 1)

Whats included
    1 % Battery Mod (Fixed and Works)
    Latest Apex Launcher
    Play Store (Inverted or Standard depends on ROM Choice)
    AdAway app
    Apollo (Inverted or Standard depends on ROM Choice)
    Pandora (Inverted ver.4.1)
    Google Now
    Chrome Browser
    CPU Sleeper
    DSP Manager
    Gmail (Unreleased ver.4.2, Inverted or Standard depends on ROM Choice)
    ROM ToolBox
    SuperSU
    TIBU
    XDA app
    YouTube (ver. 4.2.16)

What Works
    Audio, Audio, and did I mention Audio...... :victory:

What Doesn't Work
    Camera (Work around use USB Camera)
    Mic works but buggy

ROM download here.

SmoOth Bean 4.1.2 ver 1.5.2(Standard) 160 DPI
    The Goods

SmoOth Bean 4.1.2 ver 1.5.2(Inverted) 160 DPI
    The Goods

Changelog

Fixed .apk HTML files for both battery mod and mouse pointer
    Added some extra build.prop tweaks
    Deleted unneeded tweaks that caused issues with ADB (Thanks rajeevvp for letting me know about it.)
    Added Google Now for those who want to try to get it to work (Its a Data app so you can delete it if nessesary).​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Link for NVFlash package to set System to 250m
    Recomended NVFlash 250m system Mod

Older Updates

SmoOth Bean 4.1.2 ver 1.5(Standard PlayStore) 160 DPI
    The Goods :cool:

SmoOth Bean 4.1.2 ver 1.5(Inverted PlayStore) 160 DPI
    The Goods :p

I don't normally do this stuff, So I will try to keep it updated as much as I can. Switch to Dev Host and they seem to be holding Strong. People willing to Mirror me a link PM me with it and I will add it with who is providing it. Thanks.

If you like my work just press the Thanks button also
    go find fosser2, redeyedjedi and any of the DRH Team and thank them as well

Please by all means if you have any private questions or cannot post in the Development treads PM me. Please don't Email someone that you just met. I am not that kind of person to respond to emails so Please Keep it in the Forum. Thanks in Advance.

REMEMBER that this is FREE! I have NOT and WILL NOT ask for donations for any of this! If you wish to I will add it to my Wifes Kiddle fund so I can keep working on this.!

Reserved

System App Addons. An Extra 7.6 MB on the System

SystemApps.zip

Installation instructions.
    Download the Addon pack onto PC and unzip using 7zip. Choose which ones you want to have added and delete the ones you don't want in system/app folder. Compress back into a zip file and transfer onto internal storage through recovery. Wipe Cache and Dalvic Cache then install update and reboot. After device has rebooted go into Settings/Accounts and turn the Sync on on the ones you want to Sync.

Previous Build
    SmOoTh BeAn ver.1.3.2
    SmOoTh BeAn 1.3.2 (160dpi)

1.3.2 Updates
    160 DPI Update

120 DPI Update

SmOoTh BeAn ver.1.2
    Click Here
    Alright People Links are live

Bottoms up
    and play responsibly
    Try this.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

I have to agree with the poster on this. Custom-ROM installs shouldn't do non-essential things lke overwriting a user's boot splash screen without his permission. Replacing eye-candy like that is best done later if the user wants to: You can very easily script it out or do it on the command line:
    Code:
    $ [B]su[/B]
    # [B]flash_image bootbmp [I]/SOME/PATH/[/I]somefile.bmp[/B]

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Yup. I have to agree with this too...

Yet again, I have to agree.

Its not that the birds are ugly and hard to look at, it is a psycological thing. We are all so emotionally distraught by the viewsonic corporation, because they took 3 or 4 hundred dollars of our money and then immediately act like it never happened, like they never built the gtablet. They never supported us.........EVER. So, sticking the birds in our face is like a jewish prisoner from WW2 having to stare at a swastika 20 years later. well, not really, but you know what I mean.

I feel ya on the criticism though. I can take it......I spent over twenty hours on builds trying to make a PA rom just so I can play NBA JAM, and someone posts on my dev-host link "newbie:learning"
    and yet they wont post here with their name behind it.....but thats OK by me, Im playing dark knight rises, nba jam, gt racing, NFS most wanted, dead space, mass effect, any game I want.... Just because some people are stupid and wont go read what PA is and how to set it up doesnt bother me a bit, I know what it can do.
    Im sure nobe knows what this rom can do tooo, but he spends a lot of time on it, and just cant believe someone misses those DAMN birds.
    I cannot even imagine how fosser feels, I use him like he is my OEM support, he put his kernel together from scratch. And yet, people post some sorry stuff on slatedroid, like "hey I gave you a few dollars and now youre not gonna update, I can see the writing on the wall" as if Fosser works for viewsonic, I mean this is CRAZY!!!! The only thing that bugs me is we all do this for free.....for free....and if you dont like what we did, go back to tap n tap!!!!
    You can post bugs and errors and we always try to help, but just to post that you hate not having the boot image, after you didnt read in the first place that it would be changed and that you are flashing a "custom" rom......at your own risk......well to me this isnt criticism. its more like douchebaggery.
    Alright guys let me re-work the updated script to my SmoOth version and hopefully if everything goes the way it plans the link will be up tonight . Got to wait to get to my side of the desk and get cracking on it. Thanks to the testers and there feed back. :eek:

Sent from my tervigon using xda app-developers app