[ROM][10 OCT] [Reaper V4.0 | GB 2.3.7] [Reaper Kernel V1.2][FTL Launcher][UCS]]

Search This thread

lowveld

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2008
Reaper V4.0 ROM

Ok guys,

Given the latest batch of ICS derivatives, I was of a mind of never even releasing this in the wild, but as I liked the outcome, maybe someone else also will. :)

This was may pet project for the last few days (now months). It's a complete build from source of the latest CM7 branch, plus a modified kernel by me, and some addons and tweaks. As of V2.0, I included my very own homegrown launcher, which is the fastest thing I ever saw running on my phone. This rom and all its features have now taken control of practically all my free time, so if you want to buy me a beer, it's very much appreciated. :)

As of V2.2, I include my latest side project: UCS - Ultimate Call Screen. It allows you to define a Full Screen caller ID with "normal" low res contact pic, hig-res pictures defined per contact, or default HD picture for all, incorporates a contact manager, homegrown image cropper, facebook syncing, theme support, swipe gestures, and also a call blocker with white list/black list, block unknown callers, etc.
Comparing with an official CM7 build, the main features are:

Note: The included versions of FTL and UCS are meant to be used with Reaper ROM only. They are designed not work on other ROMs, and I am not responsible if you attempt to do so. Well, if fact I am responsible for the "side effects", but you've been warned. This is my way of saying thanks for all the support I got on this thread.

System:
- Included some performance tweaks
- GPU rendering
- Included V6 supercharger
- Took out ADW launcher, included Zeam launcher
- Added basic gapps packages, and upgraded Market to latest
- Added builtin webkit hardware acceleration
- Added Google Talk with working Video and Audio calls, both on 3G and WiFi
- Include A-GPS fix. Lock in around 10 seconds (with data turned on)
- Added "Reaper Control", for managing Overclocking, Undervolting, CPU Governors, IO Schedulers, OC Daemon... You name it.
- Added fine-tunning of animation speeds with a slider (in Reaper Control)
- Added screenshot capability with Power+Home key combo (hold Power, then press Home)
- Added Search Key longpress override: Screenshot, Recent Apps, Power Menu (Reaper Control)
- Added Home Key longpress override: Screenshot, Power Menu (Reaper Control)
- Added automatic flash player fix
- Added Memory Management control: CM7 default, 3 different V6Supercharger profiles (Reaper Control)
- Configurable longpress duration for both Home and Search buttons (Reaper Control)
- Included PDroid patcher/unpatcher (Reaper Control, no need to flash anything external, and you can always revert to stock framework)
- Included PDroid App

Kernel
- Forked and tweaked from latest CM7 source
- Deadline IO scheduler
- BFS task scheduler
- Added smartass cpufreq governor
- Added SavagedZen cpufreq governor
- Added Scary cpufreq governor
- Added Reaper cpufreq governor (modified smartassv2)
- Changed frequency/voltage tables to match Tiamat V1.1.5, but limited max frequency to 1.5GHz (all thanks to Canyarb)
- Exposed sysfs vdd interface: allows under/overvolt
- Frequency limits: min=184MHz, max=1516MHz
- Added SIO IO Scheduler
- Added VR IO Scheduler
- Added SmartassV2 CPU Governor

FTL Launcher V3.1.3 - Reaper Edition
- Theming support: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming.
- Tweaked for extreme speed and smoothness
- Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
- Option to use "normal" 2D app drawer
- Configurable support for resizeable widgets: only when adding them to the homescreen, you cannot edit them later.
- Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows, and 4 to 6 columns
- Configurable number of homescreens: from 1 to 9 with configurable default homescreen
- Choice between 3 and 5 icon Dock
- Configurable Dock icons size
- Configurable "swipe down" and "swipe down" independently to any of the following:
*show homescreen previews
*open app drawer
*hide status bar
*show and hide status bar
*open and close dock bar
- Includes anim speed: precise control over core Android windows/transition animation speed
- Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
- Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
- Configurable support for scrollable widgets
- Configurable bounce effect on homescreen transitions
- Configurable wallpaper scrolling
- Configurable transition speed of homescreens

Ultimate Call Screen V7.2.0 - Reaper Edition

Basic Features:

- Choose pictures from gallery, take from camera or link to Facebook friends using their HD profile pictures
- Apply pictures to contacts directly from your gallery, with the android "share" function. Just choose "Add to UCS"!
- Answer calls with buttons, sliding buttons, rotary buttons, swipe gestures... You choose!
- Configure your phone to hangup calls, put on speaker or mute ringer simply by turning the phone screen-down!
- Swipe gestures (reject and answer calls, reject with sms, reply to sms, ...)
- Call blocker (whitelist, blacklist, block unknown numbers, block selected contacts, block by prefix)
- Fullscreen SMS receiver
- Complete theme support for both call and SMS screens, personalizable per contact
- Picture syncing of HD pictures to phone internal contacts

Advanced Features:

- Use your current android contact picture as fullscreen caller ID (Licensed only!)
- Selectively enable only for outgoing/incoming calls
- Sync your android contact database to use your UCS-defined callscreen HD pictures, or batch-upload a set of pictures from your sdcard
- Theming support for both Call and SMS screens, allowing changing almost everything on the interface
- Each contact can have a different theme
- Hide parts of the call screen for cleaner interface.
- Option to make incoming SMS show above lockscreen, including turning the screen on
- You can Swipe through all your inbox SMS messages, not just the incoming
- "Block Unknown Callers" feature
- "Block by prefix": define up to 3 prefixes and block all numbers starting with them
- You can ALWAYS go back to the default phone interface during a call, simply by pressing the phone "Back" while on a call
- Much MUCH more! Take a look through the available settings!

Some screenshots:
screenshot-1325989462979.jpgscreenshot-1325989490815.jpgscreenshot-1325989501692.jpgscreenshot-1326763224052.jpgscreenshot-1326763204854.jpgscreenshot-1326763183311.jpgscreenshot-1326763171563.jpgscreenshot-1326763158192.jpg

Download V4.0.0
http://d-h.st/Z0m
MD5SUM: e5af9bdeae00d07f1f8e663e81a7922f

V4.0.0 Changelog
- Synced to latest CM7 source (@7 OCT 2012)
- Lots and lots of changes on the last 5 months, too long to list
- Took out PDroid patching support from Reaper control: the patch potentially screws up a lot of things. You want it, do it yourself, your responsibility.
- Updated FTL to V3.1.3: I recoded the screen transitions since last Reaper, much smoother now, even with Live wallpapers
- Updated UCS to V7.2.0: for those not familiar with the market versions, this is a completely different animal than the version shipped on previous Reaper
- UCS can now be upgraded from Google Play and still be called from Reaper Control.

V3.0.0 Changelog
- Synced to latest CM7 source (@27 APR 2012)
- Lots and lots of changes on base code
- Updated FTLLauncher to V3.0.0
- Updated Ultimate Call Screen to V2.0.4

V2.2.2 Changelog
- Fix issue with sound and screen settings (sorry about that)
- Fix issue in UCS where if you set "block all calls", even de-activating the call blocker, calls would still be blocked
- Added Sensor-based actions to UCS:
..... Turn to mute ringing on incomin call
..... Turn to reject incoming call
..... Turn to use loudspeaker on incoming/outgoing calls

V2.2 Changelog
- Synced to latest CM7 source (@24 MAR 2012)
- Lots and lots of changes on base code (we are now 7.2 RC1)
- Updated FTLLauncher to V2.1.3 (not on market yet)
- Added UCS - Ultimate Call Screen (finaly got it working, sort of)

V2.1 Changelog
- Synced to latest CM7 source (@15 FEB 2012)
- There were lots of changes on the nightly code since last version, too much to enumerate...
- Re-added auto flash-player fixer (needs to be tested!)
- Updated FTLLauncher to Full market version (locked to Reaper)
..... Added transition speed control
..... Added bounce effect enable/disable

V2.0 Changelog
- Synced to latest CM7 source (@6 FEV 2012)
- Ditched Zeam Launcher, replaced with FTL Launcher, built by yours truly:
.....Based on GB Launcher2 source code
.....Added stuff from oxygen Launcher2 mods (all credits to Adam G.!!)
.....Tweaked for speed
.....4 configurable quick launch apps on Dock
.....Support launcher auto-rotation (and fixed issue with some widgets crashing, like APW)
.....Infinite looping of homescreens
.....Turn on/off wallpaper scrolling
.....Support scrollable widgets
.....Configurable number of homescreens: 3, 5, 7 or 9

V1.6 Changelog
- Synced to latest CM7 source (@2 FEV 2012)
.....New blade lockscreen
.....Option to force enable/disable scrolling cache (check this out)
- New kernel (V1.3) including:
.....SIO IO Sceduler
.....VR IO Scheduler
.....SmartassV2 CPU Governor
.....Reaper Governor now set as default!
- Took out google apps setup wizard (use settings->accounts->add google acount to setup)

V1.5.1 Changelog
- Configurable longpress duration for both Home and Search buttons (Reaper Control)
- Included PDroid patcher/unpatcher (Reaper Control, no need to flash anything external, and you can always revert to stock framework)
- Included PDroid App

V1.5 Changelog
- Synced to latest CM7 source (@29 JAN 2012)
- Fixed issue with random screenshots when hitting Home key (they were not actually random...)
- Added Search Key longpress override: Screenshot, Recent Apps, Power Menu (Reaper Control)
- Added Memory Management control: CM7 default, 3 different V6Supercharger profiles (Reaper Control)

V1.4 Changelog
- Synced to latest CM7 source (@24 JAN 2012), including:
.....Add option to lock volume keys in silent mode
.....Allow custom snooze times for calendar reminders
.....Backport ICS rotation animations to gingerbread
.....ICS Transitions
- Added new "UI Tweaks" to Reaper Control, WIP, for now it allows changing animations speed with a slider. More to come in future releases.
- Added screenshot capability with Power+Home key combo (hold power, and then press home)

V1.3 Changelog
- Synced to latest CM7 source (@16 JAN 2012)
- Include Google Talk with working Video and Audio calls, both on 3G and WiFi
- Include A-GPS fix. All credits to the author here: link
- Re-added some speed tweaks that were missing on V1.2 (sorry guys...)
- Added "Reaper Control", for managing Overclocking, Undervolting, CPU Governors, IO Schedulers, OC Daemon... You name it.

V1.2 Changelog
- Synced to latest CM7 source (@12 JAN 2012)
- Includes bluetooth fixes, and new "holo" Ring lockscreen type from ICS
- New kernel V1.2:
.....Changed frequency/voltage tables to match Tiamat V1.1.5, but limited max frequency to 1.5GHz (all thanks to Canyarb)
.....Exposed sysfs vdd interface: allows under/overvolt
.....Frequency limits: min=184MHz, max=1516MHz

V1.1 Changelog
- Synced to latest CM7 source (@10 JAN 2012)
- New kernel V1.1:
.....Added smartass cpufreq governor
.....Added SavagedZen cpufreq governor
.....Added Scary cpufreq governor
.....Added Reaper cpufreq governor (modified smartassv2)

Installation Instructions
- It's been over 5 months since last Reaper, too much has changed. A full wipe is required, period. You won't regret it...
- Flash the V4.0 zip

About overclocking and undervolting
If you are on these threads, a certain amount of knowledge is expected. Overclocking and undervolting can be dangerous, lead to battery pulling, and by now I hope you know that's the last thing you want to do to a Desire S. If you don't do anything, this rom comes configured with quite sensible options, that should be stable for everyone while providing very (extremely) good speed and decent battery life. If you go down the overclocking/undervolting way, you're on your own. I'm not responsible, nor will I guarantee any help with issues that you cannot confirm that also happens at stock frequencies/voltages.
This being said, it's up to you, your choice. Blue pill or red pill.

The idea behind this project was for me to try out non-sense roms, and try to build the fastest thing I could. Well, I haven't used AOSP or CM roms extensively so I can't really compare. But this is fast. As in REALLY REALLY fast.

Hope you enjoy, and if you appreciate the work, let me know.
Cheers

Last edited:

lowveld

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2008
Hall of fame

I want to thank each and everyone of you who donated, no matter how much. It's very appreciated! I don't know where some came from, so this goes to Endy and Reaper threads (I think Hyperion is mostly stale).

- W, Barry Morgan
- Marin Claudiu
- Adrian Stöckl
- Dave Johnson
- Vlad Stemate
- Marcin Szylko
- Adrian Stöck (yes, again :))
- Martin Östberg
- Vladimir Iofik
- George Simeonov
- László Ladányi
- Shanaz Begum
- Andreas Hupfau
- Jonathan Schulz
- Antti Halonen
- Antonio La Porta
- Rinaldo Harahap
- Tomas Mallafre i Gispert
- Frantisek Repkovsky
- Stanislav Troyeglazov
- Stanislav Troyeglazov (yes, again :) )
- Ariel Nemtzov
- Vlad Stemate
- Topias Korpi
- Ben Pyett
- Patrick Julius

Patches

Flash playing auto-fixer for V2.0 (forgot to include in release...)
View attachment Reaper_V2.0_auto_flash_fixer.zip

Addons

Attachments

• OCUVBeater2R.apk
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,129
Last edited:

riaan0010

Sep 28, 2010
Very Nice and Freakin FAST.

Just one small issue : No notification or sound when receiving a mms.

Thank You for Awesome Rom

det66

Apr 22, 2011
Gonna have to try it lowveld, you're messing with my brain now lol

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

patko226

Mar 19, 2008
Dolny Kubin
my new daily ROM... for this moment only one bug - in cyanogenmod settings when I want change possibilities of locked screen app is shutdown...

but this ROM is very very very fast!!!

det66

Apr 22, 2011
Just a quick question lowveld, is it in to update superuser on this rom?

Sent from my Touchpad using xda premium

tcchuin

Dec 25, 2008
is it possible to add more governer and the ability to change the voltage for cpu?=x

det66

Apr 22, 2011
You mean safe to update with no problems?

If so yes, it is!

I had the latest version on Endymion with no issues too :)

-------------------------------
Sent from my HTC Desire S

Cheers oly that's exactly what u meant. Well deciphered lol never tried it with Endy just left as was

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

geekynoob

Sep 25, 2011
New Delhi
Downloading..!! Phone charging..!!!

was on miui fr xactly 1 day..!! and saw a post of urs... UR freaking awwsome..!!!

will flash n test it... :)

Respects...!!

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Just wondering lowveld, if you could manage to check out the Tiamat kernel?

Its much better than the Cyanogen default kernel, with more governors and clock speeds etc.

Maybe you could work your magic on it too? :D

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reaper V4.0 ROM

Ok guys,

Given the latest batch of ICS derivatives, I was of a mind of never even releasing this in the wild, but as I liked the outcome, maybe someone else also will. :)

This was may pet project for the last few days (now months). It's a complete build from source of the latest CM7 branch, plus a modified kernel by me, and some addons and tweaks. As of V2.0, I included my very own homegrown launcher, which is the fastest thing I ever saw running on my phone. This rom and all its features have now taken control of practically all my free time, so if you want to buy me a beer, it's very much appreciated. :)

As of V2.2, I include my latest side project: UCS - Ultimate Call Screen. It allows you to define a Full Screen caller ID with "normal" low res contact pic, hig-res pictures defined per contact, or default HD picture for all, incorporates a contact manager, homegrown image cropper, facebook syncing, theme support, swipe gestures, and also a call blocker with white list/black list, block unknown callers, etc.
    Comparing with an official CM7 build, the main features are:

Note: The included versions of FTL and UCS are meant to be used with Reaper ROM only. They are designed not work on other ROMs, and I am not responsible if you attempt to do so. Well, if fact I am responsible for the "side effects", but you've been warned. This is my way of saying thanks for all the support I got on this thread.

System:
    - Included some performance tweaks
    - GPU rendering
    - Included V6 supercharger
    - Took out ADW launcher, included Zeam launcher
    - Added basic gapps packages, and upgraded Market to latest
    - Added Google Talk with working Video and Audio calls, both on 3G and WiFi
    - Include A-GPS fix. Lock in around 10 seconds (with data turned on)
    - Added fine-tunning of animation speeds with a slider (in Reaper Control)
    - Added screenshot capability with Power+Home key combo (hold Power, then press Home)
    - Included PDroid App

Kernel
    - Forked and tweaked from latest CM7 source
    - Deadline IO scheduler
    - BFS task scheduler
    - Added smartass cpufreq governor
    - Added SavagedZen cpufreq governor
    - Added Scary cpufreq governor
    - Added Reaper cpufreq governor (modified smartassv2)
    - Changed frequency/voltage tables to match Tiamat V1.1.5, but limited max frequency to 1.5GHz (all thanks to Canyarb)
    - Exposed sysfs vdd interface: allows under/overvolt
    - Frequency limits: min=184MHz, max=1516MHz
    - Added SIO IO Scheduler
    - Added VR IO Scheduler
    - Added SmartassV2 CPU Governor

FTL Launcher V3.1.3 - Reaper Edition
    - Theming support: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming.
    - Tweaked for extreme speed and smoothness
    - Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
    - Option to use "normal" 2D app drawer
    - Configurable support for resizeable widgets: only when adding them to the homescreen, you cannot edit them later.
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows, and 4 to 6 columns
    - Configurable number of homescreens: from 1 to 9 with configurable default homescreen
    - Choice between 3 and 5 icon Dock
    - Configurable Dock icons size
    - Configurable "swipe down" and "swipe down" independently to any of the following:
    *show homescreen previews
    *open app drawer
    *hide status bar
    *show and hide status bar
    *open and close dock bar
    - Includes anim speed: precise control over core Android windows/transition animation speed
    - Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
    - Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
    - Configurable support for scrollable widgets
    - Configurable bounce effect on homescreen transitions
    - Configurable wallpaper scrolling
    - Configurable transition speed of homescreens

Ultimate Call Screen V7.2.0 - Reaper Edition

Basic Features:

- Choose pictures from gallery, take from camera or link to Facebook friends using their HD profile pictures
    - Apply pictures to contacts directly from your gallery, with the android "share" function. Just choose "Add to UCS"!
    - Answer calls with buttons, sliding buttons, rotary buttons, swipe gestures... You choose!
    - Configure your phone to hangup calls, put on speaker or mute ringer simply by turning the phone screen-down!
    - Swipe gestures (reject and answer calls, reject with sms, reply to sms, ...)
    - Call blocker (whitelist, blacklist, block unknown numbers, block selected contacts, block by prefix)
    - Fullscreen SMS receiver
    - Complete theme support for both call and SMS screens, personalizable per contact
    - Picture syncing of HD pictures to phone internal contacts

Advanced Features:

- Use your current android contact picture as fullscreen caller ID (Licensed only!)
    - Selectively enable only for outgoing/incoming calls
    - Sync your android contact database to use your UCS-defined callscreen HD pictures, or batch-upload a set of pictures from your sdcard
    - Theming support for both Call and SMS screens, allowing changing almost everything on the interface
    - Each contact can have a different theme
    - Hide parts of the call screen for cleaner interface.
    - Option to make incoming SMS show above lockscreen, including turning the screen on
    - You can Swipe through all your inbox SMS messages, not just the incoming
    - "Block Unknown Callers" feature
    - "Block by prefix": define up to 3 prefixes and block all numbers starting with them
    - You can ALWAYS go back to the default phone interface during a call, simply by pressing the phone "Back" while on a call
    - Much MUCH more! Take a look through the available settings!

Some screenshots:
    screenshot-1325989462979.jpgscreenshot-1325989490815.jpgscreenshot-1325989501692.jpgscreenshot-1326763224052.jpgscreenshot-1326763204854.jpgscreenshot-1326763183311.jpgscreenshot-1326763171563.jpgscreenshot-1326763158192.jpg

Download V4.0.0

V4.0.0 Changelog
    - Took out PDroid patching support from Reaper control: the patch potentially screws up a lot of things. You want it, do it yourself, your responsibility.
    - Updated FTL to V3.1.3: I recoded the screen transitions since last Reaper, much smoother now, even with Live wallpapers
    - Updated UCS to V7.2.0: for those not familiar with the market versions, this is a completely different animal than the version shipped on previous Reaper
    - UCS can now be upgraded from Google Play and still be called from Reaper Control.

V3.0.0 Changelog
    - Synced to latest CM7 source (@27 APR 2012)
    - Lots and lots of changes on base code
    - Updated FTLLauncher to V3.0.0
    - Updated Ultimate Call Screen to V2.0.4

V2.2.2 Changelog
    - Fix issue with sound and screen settings (sorry about that)
    - Fix issue in UCS where if you set "block all calls", even de-activating the call blocker, calls would still be blocked
    - Added Sensor-based actions to UCS:
    ..... Turn to mute ringing on incomin call
    ..... Turn to reject incoming call
    ..... Turn to use loudspeaker on incoming/outgoing calls

V2.2 Changelog
    - Synced to latest CM7 source (@24 MAR 2012)
    - Lots and lots of changes on base code (we are now 7.2 RC1)
    - Updated FTLLauncher to V2.1.3 (not on market yet)
    - Added UCS - Ultimate Call Screen (finaly got it working, sort of)

V2.1 Changelog
    - Synced to latest CM7 source (@15 FEB 2012)
    - There were lots of changes on the nightly code since last version, too much to enumerate...
    - Re-added auto flash-player fixer (needs to be tested!)
    - Updated FTLLauncher to Full market version (locked to Reaper)
    ..... Added transition speed control
    ..... Added bounce effect enable/disable

V2.0 Changelog
    .....Tweaked for speed
    .....Support launcher auto-rotation (and fixed issue with some widgets crashing, like APW)

V1.6 Changelog
    - Synced to latest CM7 source (@2 FEV 2012)
    .....New blade lockscreen
    .....Option to force enable/disable scrolling cache (check this out)
    - New kernel (V1.3) including:
    .....SIO IO Sceduler
    .....VR IO Scheduler
    .....SmartassV2 CPU Governor
    .....Reaper Governor now set as default!
    - Took out google apps setup wizard (use settings->accounts->add google acount to setup)

V1.5.1 Changelog
    - Included PDroid App

V1.5 Changelog
    - Synced to latest CM7 source (@29 JAN 2012)
    - Fixed issue with random screenshots when hitting Home key (they were not actually random...)

V1.4 Changelog
    - Synced to latest CM7 source (@24 JAN 2012), including:
    .....Add option to lock volume keys in silent mode
    .....Allow custom snooze times for calendar reminders
    .....Backport ICS rotation animations to gingerbread
    .....ICS Transitions
    - Added new "UI Tweaks" to Reaper Control, WIP, for now it allows changing animations speed with a slider. More to come in future releases.
    - Added screenshot capability with Power+Home key combo (hold power, and then press home)

V1.3 Changelog
    - Synced to latest CM7 source (@16 JAN 2012)
    - Include Google Talk with working Video and Audio calls, both on 3G and WiFi
    - Include A-GPS fix. All credits to the author here: link
    - Re-added some speed tweaks that were missing on V1.2 (sorry guys...)

V1.2 Changelog
    - Synced to latest CM7 source (@12 JAN 2012)
    - Includes bluetooth fixes, and new "holo" Ring lockscreen type from ICS
    - New kernel V1.2:
    .....Changed frequency/voltage tables to match Tiamat V1.1.5, but limited max frequency to 1.5GHz (all thanks to Canyarb)
    .....Exposed sysfs vdd interface: allows under/overvolt
    .....Frequency limits: min=184MHz, max=1516MHz

V1.1 Changelog
    - Synced to latest CM7 source (@10 JAN 2012)
    - New kernel V1.1:
    .....Added smartass cpufreq governor
    .....Added SavagedZen cpufreq governor
    .....Added Scary cpufreq governor
    .....Added Reaper cpufreq governor (modified smartassv2)

- It's been over 5 months since last Reaper, too much has changed. A full wipe is required, period. You won't regret it...
    - Flash the V4.0 zip

About overclocking and undervolting
    If you are on these threads, a certain amount of knowledge is expected. Overclocking and undervolting can be dangerous, lead to battery pulling, and by now I hope you know that's the last thing you want to do to a Desire S. If you don't do anything, this rom comes configured with quite sensible options, that should be stable for everyone while providing very (extremely) good speed and decent battery life. If you go down the overclocking/undervolting way, you're on your own. I'm not responsible, nor will I guarantee any help with issues that you cannot confirm that also happens at stock frequencies/voltages.
    This being said, it's up to you, your choice. Blue pill or red pill.

The idea behind this project was for me to try out non-sense roms, and try to build the fastest thing I could. Well, I haven't used AOSP or CM roms extensively so I can't really compare. But this is fast. As in REALLY REALLY fast.

Hope you enjoy, and if you appreciate the work, let me know.
    Cheers
    Reaper V4.0 released

Ok guys,

I've promised I would update Reaper, and I did a couple of days ago. So many things have changed on CM the last 5 months (!!!!) that I wanted to test it thoroughly. So I've been running it for the last 2 days. Diagnosis: No issues, and stupid fast, as always.

Soooooo....... If anyone wants a trip back to Gingerbread and raw performance, here you go.

Cheers :)

P.S. I know everyone changes everything on their phone, that's why we are here. But I ask you to at least try using FTL and UCS for a couple of days before changing launcher / disabling UCS. I would really like for you guys to experience Reaper as I do.

V4.0.0 Changelog

Download V4.0.0

- Flash the V4.0 zip
    Hall of fame

I want to thank each and everyone of you who donated, no matter how much. It's very appreciated! I don't know where some came from, so this goes to Endy and Reaper threads (I think Hyperion is mostly stale).

- W, Barry Morgan
    - Marin Claudiu
    - Adrian Stöckl
    - Dave Johnson
    - Vlad Stemate
    - Marcin Szylko
    - Adrian Stöck (yes, again :))
    - Martin Östberg
    - Vladimir Iofik
    - George Simeonov
    - László Ladányi
    - Shanaz Begum
    - Andreas Hupfau
    - Jonathan Schulz
    - Antti Halonen
    - Antonio La Porta
    - Rinaldo Harahap
    - Tomas Mallafre i Gispert
    - Frantisek Repkovsky
    - Stanislav Troyeglazov
    - Stanislav Troyeglazov (yes, again :) )
    - Ariel Nemtzov
    - Vlad Stemate
    - Topias Korpi
    - Ben Pyett
    - Patrick Julius

Patches

Flash playing auto-fixer for V2.0 (forgot to include in release...)
    View attachment Reaper_V2.0_auto_flash_fixer.zip

Addons
    Post #1000 Thank YOU

So, this is my post #1000, and I wanted to make it special. So, here I go, completely off-topic, talking about my XDA experience up to now, kind of an auto-biography. If you don't feel like reading my rambling, just jump to the last lines, where I tank you all. :)

I started on XDA in 2008, the proud (for a very short while) owner of a WM6 Asus P527, soon to be replaced by a HTC Touch2, again WM. Say what you will, but that phone handled what I wanted from it very well, I was actually sad to sell it last year, to scrap up some money to pay for the DS. And so I arrived to the Android world. For the first months this was pretty much stale, remember when we were almost all S-OFF? Then after the "Revolutionary Event", I stared using Virtuous Unity, and enjoying it. At this time, I was pretty much a "user only", lurking around, sometimes *****ing about something or other, but pretty much kept to myself.

Then Virtuous Unity stopped being updated, and I thought to myself "Hell, I could do this. I don't know java, but I code C for a living, how hard can it be?". So I began, enter Hyperion. I downloaded the official RUU, did the first few mods, coded a new kernel for it, and this was actually the easy part. It took me a couple of hours to fix the inverted front camera thing. Learning what the hell "odexed" meant, learning how android integrated with the underlying linux infrastructure, that was the really hard thing for me those first days. But I kept on learning, and the community kept cheering me on.

Somewhere in the Hyperion thread is a post by me saying "Got my hands on a Sensation RUU, let's see what I can do with it". And Endymion began. This was a major step up in difficulty, as Hyperion was based on a DS RUU, pretty much all worked out fine without many issues. Endy involved a lot more work, and was my first real "port". You would be surprised with how much can go wrong. Simple things that are really hard to fix. I remember on the early Endy days that the microphone worked everywhere except on the Voice Search. That almost drove me nuts...

Throughout all these projects, one thing was always there: The DS community, which I have never seen the like on any other internet forum or venue. Positive reinforcement, faith on what I could do, understanding about the failures, kind words when needed, this was the real motivator without which I would never have gone on and on. There were many of you, and I don't want to leave anyone out, but I want to thank some of those "early guys", some of which the newbies around here may not even know. Enigmaamit, for the faith in me, and the constant "marketing campaigns", Oly for *****ing around and making me improve some stuff (I still think HoneyHD rocks and stock look is for sissies), det66 for unquestioning support and a major good taste on books (det is from "detritus" from Terry Pratchet's Discworld books), ben_pyett for being exactly like he is, and probably the most faithful Endy user around (he doesn't usually sleep around with other roms :p), fbcyborg for being to my knowledge the last "original" Hyperion user left standing. And so many others... Don't feel left out if not named, I'm just coughing up names from the top of my head.

Then I decided to take another step up, and move from porting/modding/tweaking to actually building everything. Enter Reaper. This is to date what I consider my most accomplished project, and brought about another completely new level of learning. Going from smali tweaking on HTC proprietary decompiled files to android java source code is like turning on the headlights when driving on a pitch black road at night. A all new world opens up to you. Reaper tought me how android REALLY works, and taught me so much... You know that longpress keys tweaking? Just that little thing taught me the equivalent of a university level java course. And then came FTL launcher, and here I am. At this point I would also like to thank the guys that started on Reaper with me: Tectas, for always being there for testing/reporting, and for being a really good person (I don't know you that well, but I am never wrong about these things), and Treti (whom I thought I had killed the wifi chip, but it turned out I didn't). And of course, all the others that came from Endy, you're too many to mention.

This post is getting ridiculously long, I don't even know if it XDA will let me publish it. But I really want to thank you all for your support, and tell you that I have never had so much fun with any gadget as with my DS in these last months, and all because of you. I feel privileged to be part of this forum, full of inquisitive, intelligent, and overall decent human beings as you are. Decency is a rare commodity these days. And of course, a big thanks to all other devs for the work they do. Proxuser, Nexx, Superkid, you rock.

Thank you all.

Cheers
    New release V2.0 is out

Ok guys, here you go.

This time I went through a different, and maybe not-so-much-appreciated path: the Launcher. I know this is by far the most personal choice we all make when it comes to android, and pretty much the first thing everyone changes after flashing, but I really wanted to do this. Hell, I liked it so much I bumped the major revision number of the rom.
    What I can tell you is that in true Reaper fashion, built and tweaked by me from the ground up, this is the fastest launcher I've ever seen. At least give it a spin! This is also, to my knowledge, the first Launcher2 derivative with configurable number of homescreens.

V2.0 Changelog
    .....Tweaked for speed

Download V2.0
    http://desworks.de/android/reaper/Reaper_V2.0.zip
    MD5SUM: 03bb49794eb62f09ae293b8c483854de

This rom and all its features have now taken control of practically all my free time, so if you want to buy me a beer, it's very much appreciated. :)

Cheers!