[Recovery] ClockworkMod Based Touch Recovery - 04/14/12

Search This thread

flappjaxxx

Apr 8, 2009
Somewhere, FL
I have flashed via ODIN, says pass and reboots phone. but when i hold vol up+down and power up it goes into stock android recovery. Have tried reflashing 4 times, no different. Im lost at what to do, am not a rookie when it comes to flashing android but this is my first samsung. In ODIN it says custom binaries and flash counter is at 4. any help would be awesome....
Odin this:
http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/sgh-i717/openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.0-quincyatt.img.tar

Reactions: gregsarg

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
I have flashed via ODIN, says pass and reboots phone. but when i hold vol up+down and power up it goes into stock android recovery. Have tried reflashing 4 times, no different. Im lost at what to do, am not a rookie when it comes to flashing android but this is my first samsung. In ODIN it says custom binaries and flash counter is at 4. any help would be awesome....

You have a Roger's Note? There is a script causing your issue. Read this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1775263

Last edited:
Reactions: gregsarg

exist2resist

Nov 18, 2010
Calgary
Google Pixel 3 XL

Use the dd method but you will need SU.
Works on my Telus Note just fine.

Class_of_punk26

Jan 25, 2013
I installed and everything but its not showing my roms or anything does this not support my galaxy note? I have the att branded one with t-mobile network

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Umm when I try to download it says error 403 FORBIDEN.. I can't access the page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Based Touch Recovery

Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible for any damages to your phone. Neither am I responsible, if the phone becomes alive, runs away, dominates or kills you ;P
    Also, if you don't know how to flash this, then you probably shouldn't... just saying...

NOTE: I'm not maintaining this anymore, please use the official cwr (if there is one), or twrp

Latest release: 2012-04-14

Changelog

2012-04-14 (Odin) (CWM)
    - bugfix: onscreen-log shouldn't cut off as early now
    - colors are now customizable

2012-04-09 (Odin) (CWM)
    - bugfix: "dragging" now limited to the visible row area
    - bugfix: menu/row line is now blue again
    - bugfix: selected item now hides properly when dragging it out of the visible menu/row area
    - bugfix: selection should work now properly in all menus
    - bugfix: /cache/recovery/log and /cache/recovery/last_log error should now be fixed (not working, see post #100 for a solution)

2012-04-08 (Odin) (CWM)
    - rewrote ui a bit, to be more touch friendly
    - no more swiping to navigate
    - short click on an entry selects it
    - double short click on the same entry executes it
    - dragging an entry will move the menu (if the menu can be moved, like file selection)
    - use back key to go back
    - disabled "back mode"

2012-04-05 (CWM)
    - based on my cwm 2012-03-05
    - added simple navigation using up and down touch motions (nothing big for now)

Known Bugs
    - see my cwm thread for known bugs

How to install/update
    - read here

Thanks to
    everyone i mentioned in my cwm thread
    and possibly lots of other people who did important android work, but are sadly forgotten :(

Good luck, and happy flashing.
    Please report bugs with as much detail as possible, and preferably in a separate paragraph ;)

If you like my work, feel free to buy me a drink :)
    Features

Touch
    - click on an entry to select it
    - double click on an entry do "execute" it
    - the back key works as back
    - dragging the menu will move it, if possible
    - keys still work

Custom Colors
    create a file named ".config" in the clockworkmod-folder on your internal sdcard (in android that would be /sdcard/clockworkmod/.config)
    the syntax per line is:
    Code:
    TYPE=R,G,B,A

Valid types are:
    Code:
    MENU_TEXT_COLOR
    NORMAL_TEXT_COLOR
    HEADER_TEXT_COLOR

Example:
    Code:
    MENU_TEXT_COLOR=255,0,0,200
    NORMAL_TEXT_COLOR=0,255,0,200
    HEADER_TEXT_COLOR=0,0,255,200
    That would display your header in blue, your menu in red and the log in green.

If you don't know how to use it, then you probably shouldn't, just saying :p
    Uploaded beta 1

see post 1 for details

big differences:
    - no more swiping
    - direct selection of items in the list
    - double click an item for execution
    - long(er) click does not select/execute
    - "dragging" of an entry will move the list (in file selection for example)
    - back key is the only way to go back now

- keys still work (vol up/down, home/menu, search/power)

pic:
    IMG_20120408_012033.jpg
    Is there a flashable zip for the latest touch recovery?

No, not yet. I was hoping someone was going to post one. I've trying to do it through terminal emulator but still no luck. I would try adb but my computer is out of commission

Sent From My Hybrid AOKP Note

There is no flashable .zip file for the latest version of cwm touch recovery, but you can make your own.

1- Take the .zip from the 1st page of this thread.

2- Then go to the ROM Manager website, scroll down to Samsung Galaxy Note, and download the cwm 5.8.4.3 touch recovery .img.
    http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager/

3- Take the cwm 5.8.4.3 touch recovery .img and rename it to "recovery".

4- Drag it into the .zip from the first page of this thread and replace the original recovery image in the .zip with the cwm 5.8.4.3 touch recovery that you renamed "recovery".

5- Then flash the .zip with the new renamed recovery .img in cwm or twrp and you're done.
    Another thing you could do, is what I did.

• Download cwm touch recovery from: http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager/
      (first column is normal cwm, second is touch)
    • Copy the recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.4.3-quincyatt.img file to your sdcard.
    • adb shell as root.
    • Code:
      dd if=/sdcard/recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.4.3-quincyatt.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22
      (this is the same from recovery or from android)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Enjoy!