ChromeCast Wallpapers

Search This thread

sastian

Feb 21, 2009
but i want to customize my wallpapers....

anyone figure out how the wallpapers are sourced? is there a way to change them? upload my own. change the source url?

Reactions: Simba501

dcarr622

Oct 18, 2008
dcarr.io
I'm surprised to see they're only 720p? Most folks will have this device connected to 1080p displays.

Sidenote, at least some of these wallpapers are the same as those that ship on the Chromebook Pixel, which certainly has them at much higher resolution.

whatsandroid

Jan 14, 2011
Does anyone know the url to the new wallpapers that came along the november(?) update?

Some of then are pretty awesome!

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
I'm surprised to see they're only 720p? Most folks will have this device connected to 1080p displays.

Sidenote, at least some of these wallpapers are the same as those that ship on the Chromebook Pixel, which certainly has them at much higher resolution.

I'm not surprised...You always support the lowest common denominator as a default so no one has issues.
You can't display full 1080p on a 720p set without scaling...
But you can display 720p on 1080p without doing anything.

So it makes sense to support 720p because any tv that has an HDMI port supports that as a minimum resolution.

I would love it if there was some way to point the CCast to display images on your own custom cloud folder like on Picassa or Google+ at some point though.

Top Liked Posts