Battery not lasting and i got it on friday

Search This thread

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
Wtf?! You've had the phone for less than a week and they made you PAY for a replacement? That's f'ed up! If the repair center wanted to charge you, I'd leave there, go back home and get all the **** that you got with the phone. Next I'd go back to the retail store and heavily suggest they give me a new replacement because this phone is not working correctly. If they give you grief then bluff them and tell them you want to return the phone (its still within the initial return period) and cancel your service because I'll be damned if I have to pay for a replacement part that was faulty and the phone is days old. You can also say that you'll report on the survey your story and give all failing marks.

Sorry if I sound like a **** but that's complete bull**** that they would make you pay for a replacement battery when the original is bad and the phone is less than a week old. Insurance or not, you shouldn't have to pay for it. Also don't let them try to pass the buck and tell you to send it into Samsung. I would tell the agent that I understand it personally isn't their fault, but you would greatly appreciate it if they work with you on this and get you a swap out replacement at no charge. You don't want anything extra, just a new working battery to replace faulty one.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
as been reported and confirmed here endless times, rooting your phone does NOT do anything to your rights to get defective stuff replaced...

it doesn't mean a thing if you've rooted your phone, and you are having a problem like you are having...

tech7

Dec 20, 2006
Excellent news, glad it worked out. Where did you end up getting your battery? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back?

i got it from the official sprint store sales one and they charge me 60 bucks beacuse its the one with the charge adapter that charge the batterie by it self

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
Oh so they probably said they don't have batteries to swap out but you could buy this. If you have the bad battery still, if it were me, unroot or Odin flash to stock and take it to the repair center. You might luck out and get a replacement battery out of them. Btw, the charger and battery for our phone that sprint sells, the charger won't charge extended life batteries in it because the contacts are on the wrong side.

tech7

Dec 20, 2006
Oh so they probably said they don't have batteries to swap out but you could buy this. If you have the bad battery still, if it were me, unroot or Odin flash to stock and take it to the repair center. You might luck out and get a replacement battery out of them. Btw, the charger and battery for our phone that sprint sells, the charger won't charge extended life batteries in it because the contacts are on the wrong side.

I got the standard battery by the way the stock battery started working turns out that if i close my apps down all the time it will make it run down faster lol oops

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts