KFHD 8.9 Help, Please

Search This thread

slim6596

Aug 25, 2010
Terre Haute In
I rooted my KFHD 8.9, installed the Play Market, Go Launcher HD, and a few other things. Everything went smoothly...until I decided to install TSF Shell 3d. I moved it to system/app, changed permissions, and rebooted. Now, TSF is stuck in a loop and I can't access ES File Explorer long enough to delete it from the device. When I try using Android Commander, it shows "No Root" and I'm not very experienced at ADB. Is there some way to get this off my device so it's usable again?

When I boot up, it boots normally, then before I can unlock the lockscreen, I get "TSF Shell has Stopped" with a button below it to ok the message. When I tap it, it goes away for a split second, then comes right back...over and over.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(I posted this here because I did not see a Q and A or Help section that was KFHD 8.9 specific. If it needs to be moved, feel free and I apologize.)

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
couple of things to try. if you can access the pull down menu go to more settings, applications then find tsf shell and clear defaults. reboot.
if that doesn't work reboot to recovery and do a factory reset.
adb reboot recovery.

Reactions: slim6596

slim6596

Aug 25, 2010
Terre Haute In
I will try the adb reboot recovery option. I can't get into anything on the device itself long enough to do anything. Also, I didn't even set TSF as default home. I'm thinking (the way adb is acting), that I don't have full root privileges. When I try to delete the file using adb, I get a permission denied error.

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
I will try the adb reboot recovery option. I can't get into anything on the device itself long enough to do anything. Also, I didn't even set TSF as default home. I'm thinking (the way adb is acting), that I don't have full root privileges. When I try to delete the file using adb, I get a permission denied error.
Have you tried:
Code:
adb shell su -c "rm /path/to/TSF.apk"
...replacing "/path/to/TSF.apk" with the actual path to the actual name of the TSF app you want deleted? Just be sure to leave the quotes around the command or it may not work.

slim6596

Aug 25, 2010
Terre Haute In
Have you tried:
Code:
...replacing "/path/to/TSF.apk" with the actual path to the actual name of the TSF app you want deleted? Just be sure to leave the quotes around the command or it may not work.

I tried adb shell su -c rm/system/app/TSF Shell 3D

"permission denied" and then "device not found" when I tried editing the pathname. What am I missing? The path to the Kindle?

Reactions: For1n

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6

"permission denied" and then "device not found" when I tried editing the pathname. What am I missing? The path to the Kindle?
There is a space between the 'rm' command and the path. Also you need to get the exact name of the file you want removed...

Code:
adb shell su -c "ls /system/app"

And again, don't forget the quotes...meaning leave them there.

slim6596

Aug 25, 2010
Terre Haute In
I got it to work. TSF is gone (yahoo!). So now I get to start over. What I finally did was to do a total restore using KFFirstAide. Thanks you guys for pitching in and helping a newb. I appreciate it to no end.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    couple of things to try. if you can access the pull down menu go to more settings, applications then find tsf shell and clear defaults. reboot.
    if that doesn't work reboot to recovery and do a factory reset.
    adb reboot recovery.
    Have you tried:
    Code:
    Have you tried:
    Code:

There is a space between the 'rm' command and the path. Also you need to get the exact name of the file you want removed...

Code:
    adb shell su -c "ls /system/app"

And again, don't forget the quotes...meaning leave them there.
    "Is" or "rm"?

........and thanks for trying to help me out. I really appreciate it.
    'ls' is the list command. Use it to list the contents of either the '/system/app' directory or the '/data/app' directory to find the exact name of the 'apk' that is causing problems, then use the 'rm' (remove) command to get rid of it.