[KERNEL] Perseus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mw86

Jul 17, 2012
Afton
forum.techinferno.com
Andrei, would you kindly include root in your next update if this is in fact resolved I am guessing you will merge the rest of your kernels planned updates and fixes since the wakelock was such a showstopper. I figure you may have planned this anyway but doesn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HassanM and Xphoid

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Well I am obliged to have been involved. I will hope it stays in check for the remainder of the day as well. :good:

I'm about to edit the build.prop, but wondering why I didn't get tima wakelock with adam 3.0. Inn the last 16 hours, the time wakelock has occupied just 48 secs. Is this thing directly related to selinux status or what? Apart from that I didn't notice any changes between raw2 and adam 3.

Reactions: kishen80

AndreiLux

Jul 9, 2011
I'll see tomorrow what needs to be done. The kernel should be able to root and disable TIMA and any other nonsense.

Just wondering if I should kill the Knox suite / apps with the kernel, probably since anybody who wants Knox shouldn't use the kernel in the first place.

AL_IRAQI

Recognized Contributor / Themer
May 18, 2012
Baghdad
OnePlus 9R
Just wondering if I should kill the Knox suite / apps with the kernel, probably since anybody who wants Knox shouldn't use the kernel in the first place.

Add Script to remove all knox files in CWM Zip

They Can Download .tar file to flash only the kernel without removing anything

Sent From my i9500 With ☆★Crash Rom★☆

Reactions: mw86

Xphoid

Apr 24, 2012
Istanbul
I'll see tomorrow what needs to be done. The kernel should be able to root and disable TIMA and any other nonsense.

I found out more Knox related garbage in the rom that l removed... If you wish I can share only those ...

BTW I am also now on adam kernel, but build.prob line about Knox is untouched, stock...

And after a night sleep, there is not even a TIMA log in my BBS... FYI..

djigane

Nov 29, 2008
Dakar
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Just for your information, I've Flashed v13-raw2 via odin3-v1.85 provided in the CF-Auto root package for i9500 and I DIDN'T LOST ROOT.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lukair1983

Jan 14, 2012
+1 from me.

From what I see in the threads, users who do root the phone, or flash custom roms, don't seem to want the KNOX module at all. At least that's the notion I get mostly.

AndreiLux

Jul 9, 2011

Slowpoke.gif

darixtorento

Apr 21, 2011

first of all, you are doing great work! thank you so much for perfect kernel :D
hoping to download and install your brand new kernel for 4.3 once it will be out in your website
just thanks for everything! :)

I dont know if you need/care but i will say it anyway.. doesnt hurt to say :D
In my opinion, I think you should kill all the Knox suite and whatever related services to that.
most of the people who use custom rom and kernel, dont even need all that Knox thing..
until now people got used without it (cuz its a new useless feature). so it will be the same as now- without knox.

all those services just make the device slower.

you can make a poll in your thread so we all can know what people really want/need.

Reactions: eric-filth

jujuburi

Sep 10, 2011
Lol you couldn't find a post to quote other than that? :what:

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

omvir

Apr 28, 2011
Hi guys.. I want to overclock with this kernel I need the voltage to OC and little guide to OC my i9500.. tnx

★☆ Sent From CrashRom V8.8 GS4 ★☆

Accidnelty liked your post. Oops. Um but yeah for that you'll need to experiment with your phone and what voltages/speeds it can or cannot handle. We can't pull data like that out of our asses for every phone. Every phone is unique in its build quality.

acidmoder

Jun 17, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
first of all, you are doing great work! thank you so much for perfect kernel :D
hoping to download and install your brand new kernel for 4.3 once it will be out in your website
just thanks for everything! :)

I dont know if you need/care but i will say it anyway.. doesnt hurt to say :D
In my opinion, I think you should kill all the Knox suite and whatever related services to that.
most of the people who use custom rom and kernel, dont even need all that Knox thing..
until now people got used without it (cuz its a new useless feature). so it will be the same as now- without knox.

all those services just make the device slower.

you can make a poll in your thread so we all can know what people really want/need.

So, I believe I am the only one that has a rooted device with custom Kernel that does like KNOX. With KNOX I don't have to encrypt my whole phone to access my company's exchange server. With KNOX I just have a separate native Samsung email set up without having to touch the rest of my device. And that really rocks for me. Anyway, I had already spent several bucks on the TouchDown email app. If Andrei decides to remove all KNOX stuff I definitely can live with that! ;)

Last edited:

acidmoder

Jun 17, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
Could you elaborate this part? What email settings? Is it for your company or like normal email servers like GMail and all? Push enabled?

KNOX provide a separate encrypted environment and it has its own apps such as Camera, Galery, Email, Calendar, Contacts, etc. That includes a KNOX-specific home screen too.

My company uses Exchange email server. Before KNOX, if I wanted to configure that email on my S4, I was forced to accept a policy that obliges me to set a password-protected lock screen and encrypts the whole phone storage. This makes the phone run slower and also prevents me from fooling around with some stuff I like. :angel:

With KNOX I don't have that problem anymore, as it is a completely separate environment and it is already encrypted by default. So, when I want to check on my corporate emails I just start KNOX, type in the KNOX password and open the KNOX-specific email app. The rest of the phone is untouched.

Reactions: jujuburi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts