1. Flashed latest rom through mobile odin - No bootloader flashed = no WIFI
2. Flashed this wifi patch through PC odin

WIFI is back! yay.
Thanks Dr. Ketan.

Reactions: ki993

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Already under my to do list.
I am not sure I can surely provide you but I have considered it to work on. Also planning to work on downgrading bootloader.
But here days are hectic and unable to manage more projects, may get time once I release my rom tomorrow or day after tomorrow.
Also time is near to leave note2 community, in fact already on note3 and note3 development but this 4.3 have ruined all my plans.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium

E.L.E.C.T.R.O.N.I.C

Nov 13, 2012
Hello Doc
I saw someone who flashed stock 4.3 mk4 with Knox and are not able to root and downgrade
Does this patch remove Knox from their official ROM who be able to root and downgrade?
The important thing is rooting because after that they will be able to rename knox.apk and get free of knox (but I`m not sure aboat this sentence too)
They need my answer but i was flashed a custom Rom and didn`t test these things
thanx in advace

mnr336

Nov 11, 2011
WiFi not working with Pure stock ROM MK4

Hi Dr,

I was using you pre- rooted Android leaked firmware JSS15J.N7100XXUEMI6.
Today I installed, pure strock ROM downloaded from Sam Mobile "INU-N7100XXUEMK4-20131119175336" and fouund that Wi-Fi was not working.
So, I patched with your WiFi patch file "wifi fix for MJ2". But still Wi-Fi was not working.
Now I am back to your old leaked version of pre-rooted ROM, & wifi is working perfectly.
Can you guide me please. Thanks
Note:
I am using Chinese version of N7100, so always I flash firmware with Mobile Odin only & not PC Odin.
I did complete wipe & factory reset before launching any update.

b_randon14

Jan 3, 2011
Somerset, KY
So I am still on the old 4.1.2 boot loader, and if I flash this patch to fix WiFi on the 4.3 latest builds, would everything still be working alright with downgrading back to my 4.1.2 ROM if I ever wanted to go back to it?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

imblfmstr

Oct 7, 2008
New Delhi
rooting 4.3 MK4 official build

Hi! Dr Ketan

I have flashed the Samsung India stock 4.3 ROM.
can I root my phone without triggering the knox counter.

Also if I flash the stock tar file with odin, will it increase the knox counter.
I would like to try 4.4 custom ROMs in future and currently my phone is under warranty, don't want to mess.

Please advise.

Alipk52

May 14, 2011
Karachi
OnePlus 5
Realme XT
I am anxiously waiting for my friend to hand over his laptop, so I can play around, sadly, without pc, we cannot do much with it, it would be great if you manage to provide cwm package containing wifi fix for users like me having no computer, I highly appreciate your constant work for the n2 community day and night, I think dr you're the only one who targets to teach newbies or those who're not familiar with something, and rightly so :) my fingers crossed for anything you comeup with for remaining period in n2 community and good luck with your upcoming Note III :)

moliro

Oct 30, 2013
Manila
finally! succesfully patch my dn3 rom using heimdall on osx, now my wifi is working thanks so much doc... in case somebody wants to know how

1: download GUI Tar
2. download dr ketan wifi patch, extract contents
3. edit file patch.tar.md5 to patch.tar
4. extract the contents of patch.tar using GUI Tar, files are param.bin, tz.img
5. from heimdalls utilities tab download your PIT file
6. go to flash tab, browse through your downloaded pit file.
7. under partitions press add, in partition details > partition name choose tzsw, in file choose tz.img (the files you extracted using GUI Tar)
8. again, under partitions press add, in partition details > partition name choose param, in file choose param.bin (the files you extracted using GUITar)
9. click restart, your device will reboot after flashing

hit thanks if u think i helped you

thanks again dr ketan for your awesome patch....

kasra001

Feb 17, 2013
guys i upgraded my bootloader and wifi works but after some time it will be disconnected from my router....what should i do?

mnr336

Nov 11, 2011
Not able to flash Wifi Patch using PC Odin

Okay Its done now
1. Flashed latest rom through mobile odin - No bootloader flashed = no WIFI
2. Flashed this wifi patch through PC odin

WIFI is back! yay.
Thanks Dr. Ketan.

Hi, I have successfully upgraded to new Android 4.3 stock ROM using mobbile Odin.
But I am not able to flash Wifi Patch using PC Odin.. Wifi patch is FAIL.I tried Odin 3.07 & 3.09 both same results. Wifi now not working. Any help. Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Mobile odin can't flash bootloader, you must have to flash wifi fix with odin.
You are lucky you have used mobile odin while flashed official rom, otherwise it's can not downgrade.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium

Hi Dr. ,
I have successfully upgraded to new Android 4.3 stock ROM using mobbile Odin.
But I am not able to flash Wifi Patch using PC Odin.
Wifi patch is FAIL.I tried Odin 3.07 & 3.09 both same results.
Wifi now not working. Help Please. Thanks

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor

lontu

Jun 11, 2011
Kolkata
@dr.ketan I have flashed the latest MK4 with bootloader on my Note2...now is it any way to downgrade with your patch. Please we are eagerly waiting for your patch for knoxfree bootloader patch of MK4 as you released for MJ5.

Please..

icsterm

Dec 12, 2010
Bucharest
dr.ketan can you please provide a zip flash-able version of this patch? for use with cwm?
i dislike using odin on PC. and since mobile odin doesn't work...
Please :)

Jun 2, 2012
Boulder
The 4.3 update (MJ9, India, 21 Nov) screen provided me with 3 options: later, install all, install. Since I didn't want to install Knox, and thought that choosing install would provide me with choices regarding what I wanted to install, I chose the install option. It gave me no choices and jumped right into updating and installing. Now that I've got 4.3 installed, there's this Knox icon in the apps section which gives an intro to what Knox is and says that it's 157 MB and if I want to have Knox on my phone I'm go to have to download it.

Big story.

Now the big question: Does this mean that no part of Knox is installed on my phone (because I didn't choose install all) and that I can carry on with the normal root procedure for my N7100?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Tool] Root | DeKnox | Debloat | CSC & Build.prop Fs | EFS | Wifi FIX on Old bootloader

I am rewriting this thread to make available common tool at one place. Though this tool is available since long but newbies unable to find it.
    Here is description How this tool can be useful on latest 4.3 ROM

Features

• Root & Busybox
    • DeKnox
    • Recovery Flasher
    • Backup & mass bloatware remover
    • Restore
    • Odex Remover
    • Customize bloat remover
    • Customize CSC Features
    • Tweaks
    • LockScreen security bypass
    • Push System Apks
    • GPS Fixer

How to use This Tool

• Download Philz recovery (avoid latest v) from here and flash using Odin with PDA tab. Newbie can refer this image
    • Download DrKetan Multitool adv V6 and copy to SD card
    • Reboot to recovery (Home + Power + Vol up)
    • Select Install zip from SD card and navigate to Multitool file you have copied as said above and flash
    This will start Aroma and now follow wizard. Remember you have to select option which you needs, you can skip any option which you don't like.

For detail description of features refer this Thread post #1 & #3

After Root with this tool if you get FC SuperSU / Binary update fail, for that just update it from play store and it should work fine.

WIFI FIx moved to post #2

Video guide by @savadam (Big thanks)
    For N7100
    As all of you are knowing latest 4.3 built have new bootloader and samsung have implemented knox security.

Also note that latest leaked 4.3 (MK4) having new bootloader and it may not be downgrade.
    I will update this post later for details.
    If you want to use latest ROM without bootloader, you may need to use wifi patch.

Download wifi patch , extract and flash with Odin for PDA tab.

I already have mention this on one of my thread but making this separate so any bootloader related stuff can be posted at single place

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR SPH-900 spring mode

Read This
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOR t889
    Read This

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOR t889v
    Read This
    SPH N900 Forum senior member @lorjay589 have contacted for wifi patch for their device and provided source. based on that here I have made wifi patch attaching here,

Here is patch, Flash with PDA tab of Odin.
    http://d-h.st/6qX

Edit : I have got confirmation from @lorjay589 it is working fine.
    @mattlowry

Here is wifi patch for t889
    Extract and Flash Wifi_patch_t889.tar.md5 with PC odin for PDA tab.
    So we can we now flash this Wi-Fi patch and flash your ROM or electron DN3.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Can I flash MK4 ROM with MJ5 bootloader and apply your patch

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    No need to flash bootloader, flash any ROM and if you have wifi issue, just flash fix

hi dr ketan, ive been following your thread and the ditto thread for information regarding on how to flash using heimdall on osx, but still no luck... ive been wanting to flash mj5 rom on my note 2, maybe you could help me... thanks in advance
    Check this
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33074572