[Q] Looking for a i337m Rooted 4.2.2. Stock rom

Search This thread

Torlugic

Aug 20, 2012
Looking for a rooted stock bell i337m 4.2.2. Firmware I can't seem to locate one. I can get the stock firmware from sammobile.com but I don't have a PC to re-root my i337m so if someone knows where I can get one would be great thanks.

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
Looking for a rooted stock bell i337m 4.2.2. Firmware I can't seem to locate one. I can get the stock firmware from sammobile.com but I don't have a PC to re-root my i337m so if someone knows where I can get one would be great thanks.

im sure one of the bell guys did a nand after they rooted.... should be as simple as making a zip after that... no?

Torlugic

Aug 20, 2012
im sure one of the bell guys did a nand after they rooted.... should be as simple as making a zip after that... no?

Not sure, I didn't make a nand but I've been flashing for years now. I just want to sim unlock my phone and every method I need to be on a stock Rom

SGH-i337m
SlimKat
4.4.2 build 2.6 RC2

Torlugic

Aug 20, 2012
Would GoldenEye work, maybe a 4.2.2 build of sorts

SGH-i337m
SlimKat
4.4.2 build 2.6 RC2

Torlugic

Aug 20, 2012
Oh I've been rooted since the first week I had my i337m currently running SlimKat 4.4.2 RC 2

SGH-i337m
SlimKat
4.4.2 build 2.6 RC2

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
Oh I've been rooted since the first week I had my i337m currently running SlimKat 4.4.2 RC 2

SGH-i337m
SlimKat
4.4.2 build 2.6 RC2

So did you start off on 4.2 or 4.3 from stock? I think they have different bootloaders... so I am not sure if you can go to a 4.2 rom.... you show ask before you flash... just to be on the safe side.... and nand what you currently have before hand so you have a chance to at least go back....

Torlugic

Aug 20, 2012
So did you start off on 4.2 or 4.3 from stock? I think they have different bootloaders... so I am not sure if you can go to a 4.2 rom.... you show ask before you flash... just to be on the safe side.... and nand what you currently have before hand so you have a chance to at least go back....

I got my phone before the OTA 4.3 was out so I'm still on the 4.2 boot loader I want to try this method to sim unlock but need a stock Rom.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2283068

I don't have a PC that's why I'm looking to find a stock Rom that's been rooted so I can flash via recovery or mobile Odin. Have seen them before for other phones just haven't found one yet for the i337m

SGH-i337m
SlimKat
4.4.2 build 2.6 RC2

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
I got my phone before the OTA 4.3 was out so I'm still on the 4.2 boot loader I want to try this method to sim unlock but need a stock Rom.

I don't have a PC that's why I'm looking to find a stock Rom that's been rooted so I can flash via recovery or mobile Odin. Have seen them before for other phones just haven't found one yet for the i337m

SGH-i337m
SlimKat
4.4.2 build 2.6 RC2

There are mixed views on the free unlock.... I did perform it on my s3 and it seemed to work but some say the phone can actually get damaged doing the free thing on the s4... i can't do mine because I went to 4.3 before rooting... if I do unlock I just plan to go to one of the case kiosks in the mall... some of those guys offer unlock for $20.... although I am not sure they can do it on a custom rom... read a lot before you go a head....

Torlugic

Aug 20, 2012
There are mixed views on the free unlock.... I did perform it on my s3 and it seemed to work but some say the phone can actually get damaged doing the free thing on the s4... i can't do mine because I went to 4.3 before rooting... if I do unlock I just plan to go to one of the case kiosks in the mall... some of those guys offer unlock for $20.... although I am not sure they can do it on a custom rom... read a lot before you go a head....

But what do the kiosk people do that the Dev's here at xda can not do?

SGH-i337m
SlimKat
4.4.2 build 2.6 RC2

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010

SGH-i337m
SlimKat
4.4.2 build 2.6 RC2

I don't know... they must have access to unlock codes I guess... I don't think I have seen a dev here that has offered unlock. I would think at least 1 of them would have developed it if it was possible...the free unlock is accessing the service menu, I would think there would be some kind of flashy thing if it was a dev thing... or build it into a rom or something.... I am not sure it is possible program to program this....

Reactions: Torlugic

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro

SGH-i337m
SlimKat
4.4.2 build 2.6 RC2

I don't know... they must have access to unlock codes I guess... I don't think I have seen a dev here that has offered unlock. I would think at least 1 of them would have developed it if it was possible...the free unlock is accessing the service menu, I would think there would be some kind of flashy thing if it was a dev thing... or build it into a rom or something.... I am not sure it is possible program to program this....

The companies where you pay take the IMEI to generate an unlock code, but I'm not sure how and they don't release their methods in order to generate revenue. You should be able to unlock yours the same way as I337 users, by flashing an older modem (make sure it's an i337m modem and not an i337 one) and then using either RegionLock Away or flashing one old enough to give access to the service menu.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SGH-i337m
    SlimKat
    4.4.2 build 2.6 RC2

The companies where you pay take the IMEI to generate an unlock code, but I'm not sure how and they don't release their methods in order to generate revenue. You should be able to unlock yours the same way as I337 users, by flashing an older modem (make sure it's an i337m modem and not an i337 one) and then using either RegionLock Away or flashing one old enough to give access to the service menu.

SGH-i337m
    SlimKat
    4.4.2 build 2.6 RC2