Guide/How-To: Disable Annoying Increasing Ring

Search This thread

liamstears

Nov 8, 2007
Kent
I hated the annoying increasing ring so set out to fix it

For those that just want a quick flashable zip please scroll to the bottom

Thanks to the amazing gharrington and his thread: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/how-to-jb-disable-increasing-ringtone-t1976241

It turned out to be quite simple

Basically its exactly the same as what he said but the files have slightly changed for the S5, so head over to his thread to grab the SecPhone Diss.zip

You need zip as above
Java jdk Installed and Environment Variables set correctly (if you don’t know how Google it)
SecTeleService.apk for you rom (Deodexed, in system/priv-app)
Notepad ++
And WinRAR/7zip.

Heres how its done:

1. Place SecTeleService.apk into SecPhone Diss folder downloaded previously.

2. Hold shift and right click mouse in folder to bring up menu and click: open command prompt here.

3. Type: java -Xmx512m -jar baksmali.jar SecTeleService.apk and hit Enter. When this is finished you should have a new folder called out.

4. Go to: SecPhone Diss\out\com\android\phone and open Ringer$2.smali with Notepad ++.

5. Search for: Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V .There will be 2 entries. You want the first one, it should match the code below. It should be line 482. The v1 v6 etc may be different!

6. Delete the line marked with -- .Increasing ringtone gone!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iget-object v2, v2, Lcom/android/phone/Ringer;->mAudioManager:Landroid/media/AudioManager;

-- invoke-virtual {v2, v7, v3, v4}, Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V

.line 1039
const-wide/16 v2, 0x7d0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Now hold shift and right click mouse in folder to bring up menu and click: open command prompt here again and this time type: java -Xmx512m -jar smali.jar out -o classes.dex when complete you will have a new file called classes.dex

8. Right click SecTeleService.apk and open archive with WinRAR/7zip. Inside will be a file named classes.dex replace this one with the one just made by drag drop method.

Job done!

Thanks goes out to gharrington for the original method, I merely just updated it for the S5

For those that want ease and speed here's a flashable zip: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589562 Please note this was made for echoe rom so I can only confirm working with echoe rom

Last edited:

Docmjldds

Jan 27, 2010
Henderson, NV

For those that want ease and speed here's a flashable zip: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589562

Used this on the [ROM][G900F][26/04] XtreStoLite v.1 [Extremely Debloated][The Lightest TW Rom][AROMA Add-on Package][ART Compatible][547 MB]ROM and it killed systemui. Caused almost impossible FC's to deal with. Ended up having to Nandroid. This ROM is Odexed instead of deodexed. Not sure if that would have an issue, Just an FYI to others. (the flashable zip)

stalli0nUK

Jun 24, 2013
Oxford
Thanks worked great by following your instructions. but I also deleted the SecTeleService.odex file and wiped cache and dalvic, before rebooting into the OS.. works great thanks :D
Odexed ROM :)

Reactions: iBimmer

eloko

Nov 22, 2010
Why notification, why an app... Someone

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iBimmer

Feb 5, 2011
Studio City, CA
Can someone post the already edited file for those who are not that familiar with Android and S5?

EDIT: Nevermind, stalli0nUK's post did the real job. Without deleting the corresponding odex file it didn't work.
Thanks again

Last edited:

pckopatus

Mar 30, 2014
Hello,

I checked my own phone, but you said no files. Note 3 and Lollipop 5.0 installed on my phone.

What do I need to look into the file?

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks to the amazing gharrington and his thread: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/how-to-jb-disable-increasing-ringtone-t1976241

It turned out to be quite simple

Basically its exactly the same as what he said but the files have slightly changed for the S5, so head over to his thread to grab the SecPhone Diss.zip

You need zip as above
    Java jdk Installed and Environment Variables set correctly (if you don’t know how Google it)
    SecTeleService.apk for you rom (Deodexed, in system/priv-app)
    Notepad ++
    And WinRAR/7zip.

Heres how its done:

1. Place SecTeleService.apk into SecPhone Diss folder downloaded previously.

2. Hold shift and right click mouse in folder to bring up menu and click: open command prompt here.

3. Type: java -Xmx512m -jar baksmali.jar SecTeleService.apk and hit Enter. When this is finished you should have a new folder called out.

4. Go to: SecPhone Diss\out\com\android\phone and open Ringer$2.smali with Notepad ++.

5. Search for: Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V .There will be 2 entries. You want the first one, it should match the code below. It should be line 482. The v1 v6 etc may be different!

6. Delete the line marked with -- .Increasing ringtone gone!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iget-object v2, v2, Lcom/android/phone/Ringer;->mAudioManager:Landroid/media/AudioManager;

-- invoke-virtual {v2, v7, v3, v4}, Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V

.line 1039
    const-wide/16 v2, 0x7d0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Now hold shift and right click mouse in folder to bring up menu and click: open command prompt here again and this time type: java -Xmx512m -jar smali.jar out -o classes.dex when complete you will have a new file called classes.dex

8. Right click SecTeleService.apk and open archive with WinRAR/7zip. Inside will be a file named classes.dex replace this one with the one just made by drag drop method.

Job done!

Thanks goes out to gharrington for the original method, I merely just updated it for the S5

For those that want ease and speed here's a flashable zip: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589562 Please note this was made for echoe rom so I can only confirm working with echoe rom
    Thanks worked great by following your instructions. but I also deleted the SecTeleService.odex file and wiped cache and dalvic, before rebooting into the OS.. works great thanks :D
    Odexed ROM :)

Yes it does but then you get an annoying notification and an app running in the background