[Q] cannot dial all emergency numbers in Israel

Search This thread

petch04

Apr 30, 2014
Hello. Where I live we have a different number for every emergency case, one number for the police, one for an ambulance and another one for the fire department but every time I try to call to an ambulance, my NEXUS 5 gets to the police meaning it calls 911. how do i change it from 911 to another number? (in the dialer i dial the right number but it still doesnt work) even though I dial 101 (ambulance) it calls 911 I need to change the emergency number default from 911
Device Information: Nexus 5 D821 32GB

Last edited:

joannn

Feb 5, 2014
Hello. Where I live we have a different number for every emergency case, one number for the police, one for an ambulance and another one for the fire department but every time I try to call to an ambulance, my NEXUS 5 gets to the police meaning it calls 911. how do i change it from 911 to another number? (in the dialer i dial the right number but it still doesnt work) even though I dial 101 (ambulance) it calls 911 I need to change the emergency number default from 911

Fixed Dialing Numbers. Set up your phone to place outgoing calls only to the fixed dialing numbers (FDN) that you save on the phone's SIM

http://android.stackexchange.com/qu...an-emergency-call-and-can-i-set-number-for-it

Kindly inform me if it will work good for you.
Thanks

petch04

Apr 30, 2014
It might be your carrier. Here are a couple links I found (it looks like the build.prop may be able to change it):

I talked with my carrier... They don't see any pronlem and I know more pepole with this problem from other carriers(With Nexus 5)
And how can fix it using build.prop?

Fixed Dialing Numbers. Set up your phone to place outgoing calls only to the fixed dialing numbers (FDN) that you save on the phone's SIM

Kindly inform me if it will work good for you.
Thanks

I tried it... didn't work

Last edited:

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
Do you live in the United States? Calling 911 in the United States relays you to the police because that is where all calls for dispatch go and the dispatcher will decide EMS/Fire/ Police but in most cases all 3 are coming in an emergency.

From reading your post, how often do you call emergency services? Please don't be that guy that calls 911 for stupid reasons, I've sat in the comm center.

Last edited:

petch04

Apr 30, 2014
Do you live in the United States? Calling 911 in the United States relays you to the police because that is where all calls for dispatch go and the dispatcher will decide EMS/Fire/ Police but in most cases all 3 are coming in an emergency.

From reading your post, how often do you call emergency services? Please don't be that guy that calls 911 for stupid reasons, I've sat in the comm center.

No I Don't live in the United States. As I said "Where I live we have a different number for every emergency case" and the reason that I call a lot to emergency services is because that I volunteer at the EMS in my country and as a volunteer I often need to call the command center..

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
112 is the common emergency telephone number that can be dialed free of charge from any fixed or mobile telephone in order to reach emergency services (ambulance, fire and rescue, police) in numerous European countries, including all member states of the European Union, as well as several other countries in the world. In some countries other numbers previously used also continue to be available; e.g. 999 and 112 both function in the UK. In the United States, some carriers, including AT&T, will map the number 112 to its emergency number 9-1-1.

I know what 112 is. Thanks though

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

j'vai

Apr 23, 2014
wash dc

a shot in the dark (but i'm about to test it test week while in mexico with location services set to HIGH)

do you, have location / & location reporting services turned ON?

i know, it may sound like it has NOTHING to do with emergency calling, but, think on it,

how tight google has been working to make kitkat so uniformed with google now services, look up via the phone dialer, etc..

it's almost a mystery what features *location* actually have & how deep they burrow -

http://http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/356329-location-location-reporting-location-history-correct-answer-differences.html

i mean it's a shot in the dark, if your in a country other than the US (with a phone marketed by an US company) just maybe, those defaults in the phone dialer may change, with location / location reporting..

~shrugz shoulderz~

i could be right, or dead wrong..

what does it hurt.. to *try* ..

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

"..(in the dialer i dial the right number but it still doesnt work) even though I dial 101 (ambulance) it calls 911 I need to change the emergency number default from 911
Device Information: Nexus 5 D821 32GB.."

what i'd really be shocked at, is if the 911 emergency dialing is (shockingly) hard coded into the google dialer, EVEN THOUGH that nexus 5 is markerted to *the rest of the world* (Device Information: Nexus 5 D821), ither it's a terrible over-sight, or it's not hard coded at all.. (i hope not)..

it shouldn't be, that's i suspect the missing piece would be location / location services, to right what's wrong..

Last edited:

petch04

Apr 30, 2014
a shot in the dark (but i'm about to test it test week while in mexico with location services set to HIGH)

do you, have location / & location reporting services turned ON?

i know, it may sound like it has NOTHING to do with emergency calling, but, think on it,

how tight google has been working to make kitkat so uniformed with google now services, look up via the phone dialer, etc..

it's almost a mystery what features *location* actually have & how deep they burrow -

http://http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/356329-location-location-reporting-location-history-correct-answer-differences.html

i mean it's a shot in the dark, if your in a country other than the US (with a phone marketed by an US company) just maybe, those defaults in the phone dialer may change, with location / location reporting..

~shrugz shoulderz~

i could be right, or dead wrong..

what does it hurt.. to *try* ..

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

"..(in the dialer i dial the right number but it still doesnt work) even though I dial 101 (ambulance) it calls 911 I need to change the emergency number default from 911
Device Information: Nexus 5 D821 32GB.."

what i'd really be shocked at, is if the 911 emergency dialing is (shockingly) hard coded into the google dialer, EVEN THOUGH that nexus 5 is markerted to *the rest of the world* (Device Information: Nexus 5 D821), ither it's a terrible over-sight, or it's not hard coded at all.. (i hope not)..

it shouldn't be, that's i suspect the missing piece would be location / location services, to right what's wrong..

The location & location reporting services are turned on...
still not working

Top Liked Posts