Link 2 SD for Incredible S
Hi all ...
After searching fo rthe same .. Found that no answer is available to increase the application memory which is 0.96GB (Default depend on the ROM you are flashing) , I have found this way my self. Pre-requisites are same rooted, SU binary installed, an SD Card, SD Card Reader & Attention :P
1) Initially clear the whole SD card after mounting it on your PC (I mean Format -OU WILL LOOSE ALL DATA, BACKUP IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING REQUIRED)
2) Download MiniTool Partition Manager Google or get it here
3) After installing. find the SD card in the downloaded application.
4) Delete all the existing partitions
5) Now you can see the SD Card as Unallocated Space
6) Right click on that and hit Create Partition and select Primary and FAT32
7) Now you have to right click the same and select resize.
8) In that leaving 1GB or how much you want for application memory.. just leave that amount of space and select OK.
9) Now right click the left out space of 1GB or how much you have selected and hit create partition.
10) By default it pops a mesage, igone it and make sure you select Primary
file system and then Apply
11) That's it... go ahead and hit apply changes at the top left of the window and wait till the process completes.
12) Now Place the SD card in to the phine and install Link2SD through play store.
13) After opening it.. it asks to select the file system to which it has to look up for.. Select Fat32 there.
14) It pops up a window for restarting which will fail.. Just restart manually...
15) After restart if you open Link2SD, it will not ask you for selecting the file system again .This is the proof for confirming that everything was working fine. Now hitting the options button while in Link2SD app brings up the settings menu in which you can select the default installation location to external and notifications settings to disable.
Thats'it. If my steps are confusing.. refer to our friends thread for Lnk2SD tutorial under Droid Section with screenshots.here.
But remember carefully that in the 8th step instead of ext3 you need to select FAT32
Thanks XDA... If you guyz find this helpful, please leave thanks