google+ draining battery

Search This thread

oliohh

Aug 20, 2012
Lately for some reason, google+ has been draining my battery with more than 30-50% of my battery usage being it. My phone is constantly hot and according to the battery screen it is not allowing my phone to sleep...any fixs for this? I have never once opened this app until today...

gnubian

Mar 15, 2012
Asheville
Lately for some reason, google+ has been draining my battery with more than 30-50% of my battery usage being it. My phone is constantly hot and according to the battery screen it is not allowing my phone to sleep...any fixs for this? I have never once opened this app until today...

Have you tried clearing cache/data on the App then reinstalling it?

oliohh

Aug 20, 2012
How do I clear the apps data and cache? I'm still a noob with this phone. I uninstalled all the updates and still has the same problem. Should I reupdate? Obviously its a system app I can't delete it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feb 10, 2014
How do I clear the apps data and cache? I'm still a noob with this phone. I uninstalled all the updates and still has the same problem. Should I reupdate? Obviously its a system app I can't delete it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Go into Settings -> Application Manager, then find the Google+ app, and from there you Clear App Data and Cache (just scroll down a bit, it's below where you would uninstall the updates, etc)

oliohh

Aug 20, 2012
Go into Settings -> Application Manager, then find the Google+ app, and from there you Clear App Data and Cache (just scroll down a bit, it's below where you would uninstall the updates, etc)

i went to do this, and on the top corner there was a "turn off" button. which i hit and now the g+ app doesnt even show on my app list anymore. Im hoping, and thinking, that this should fix my problem. ill let you guys know after a full charge. I appreciate all the help!!