[Q] Hissing Audio Issue

Search This thread

Brassic

Jul 26, 2014
Google Pixel 4
Hi Guys,

I've recently purchased a Moto E XT1021 and am dismayed that it has the same audio hissing issue that some of the LG phones have suffered from. The exact problem is demonstrated on a YouTube video entitled "LG G2 KitKat Audio Issues (hissing noise)".

It appears that LG have acknowledged the problem but I wondered if anyone was aware of an existing or future fix that will work on the Moto E? I've tried the latest stock, CM11 and SlimKat ROMs but the hissing is present on all of them. This is very annoying when listening to soft music like piano pieces.

I don't want to purchase any more headphones because I already own several branded pairs that sound great on my other devices.

I've tried the suggested solutions of turning off DSP effects, using aeroplane mode, using PowerAmp etc. but these don't impact on the hissing.

Cheers.

quazar666

May 5, 2010
Hi Guys,

I've recently purchased a Moto E XT1021 and am dismayed that it has the same audio hissing issue that some of the LG phones have suffered from. The exact problem is demonstrated on a YouTube video entitled "LG G2 KitKat Audio Issues (hissing noise)".

It appears that LG have acknowledged the problem but I wondered if anyone was aware of an existing or future fix that will work on the Moto E? I've tried the latest stock, CM11 and SlimKat ROMs but the hissing is present on all of them. This is very annoying when listening to soft music like piano pieces.

I don't want to purchase any more headphones because I already own several branded pairs that sound great on my other devices.

I've tried the suggested solutions of turning off DSP effects, using aeroplane mode, using PowerAmp etc. but these don't impact on the hissing.

Cheers.

Interesting, I did not notice this. Also after extended listening with a good headset. Maybe it differs between batches? Ive also got an XT1021.

Brassic

Jul 26, 2014
Google Pixel 4

Nice one.

I've just located my old Sony MDR-V6 'over-ear' headphones and they have no hiss when connected to my Moto E. However, this doesn't surprise me because I've seen the interesting thread, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2611599, regarding the poor Opamp on the Moto G.

I'm still curious whether this can be 'fixed' with a software patch or if it's purely down to poor audio hardware. It seems pretty lame that a device from 2013/2014 can sound as bad as the old cassette tapes from my childhood. :cowboy:

quazar666

May 5, 2010
Wow, there really is quite some hissing when using my Sure headphone :(
Don't know why I did not notice this before....

My other headphones sound great!

Last edited: