Guide to HTC One X International Forums (Please Read before posting here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jotha

Retired Forum Moderator
In this thread we will provide a short Q&A for your stay on this forum. Please read thoroughly and act accordingly.
While most that is needed to know is pointed out in the forum rules, history shows that some points of these rules are not clearly understood by some users and others leave room for interpretation. With these Q&A we give you some additional guidelines how the forum for this device is moderated.

Who are the moderators for this forum?

The team leaders for HTC International team are Judge Joseph Dredd and O_G

Moderators are: Andy, ceesheim, coal686, KidCarter93, LenAsh, pandaball, Stephen, wildstang83

How do I contact the moderating crew?

While you are free to contact all of us via PM, for moderating purposes it is much more advisable to use report system. If you do that, your request reaches ALL moderators thus multiplying the chance for fast reaction to your request. If you PM a moderator, he does not know whether you have contacted others also and therefore it is possible that your request is handled by different moderators, overruling the others. In report system the ticket system avoids that. Therefore please always use report system.

Where do I post my thread/issue/question?

This is a very important decision and decides not only whether you achieve the goal you intend with your thread/post, but also whether it might be regarded off-topic/not allowed and therefore be removed. So here is a list to help you decide where to put your thread (or maybe to not post it at all).
General section

What goes here

• Guides, Collections, Tutorials (can also be posted in Q&A)
  • General information about the device
  • Tips and Tricks
  • Every general discussion about technical aspects of device
What does not go here (by far an uncomplete list, just some examples for topics that are not tolerated)

• Everything prohibited by above linked forum rules.
  • "Whis is the best rom for this device", "Is this rom better than that" (always subjective, prone to fanboy wars)
    [*]Device comparison threads "Which is better: iphone or this phone" (see above)
    In regards to best ROM threads and device comparison threads, we will be allowing these kinds of discussions from now on. As always, the forum rules apply so that means no trolling/arguing etc. will be accepted.
  • "What was your last phone/will be your next phone" (Off-Topic to this phone, post that in OT-Forum)
  • "Hello"/"Goodbye"/"Merry Christmas,Easter,Hannukkah, whatever" (Obviously OT, just imagine every user posts that)
  • "I'll never buy HTC again", "Why HTC/Samsung/whoever sucks" and all other "hate"-threads (Tell that those guys, not us)
  • "Help!", "How do I...", "Why..." and all other Questions (belong in Q&A)
Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

What goes here:

• All device/rom/kernel/mods/themes related questions and the corresponding answers
  • Guides, Collections, Tutorials (can also be posted in General)
What does not go here

• see General section
Accessories

What goes here:

• All discussions related to hardware accessories to this phone
Android Development

What goes here:

• All discussions related to YOUR OWN development (roms, kernels, recoveries and flashable mods, exact rules for creating a thread there see in stickies of that section)
What does not go here:

• Any Questions!!!
Original Android Development

What goes here:

• All discussions related to YOUR OWN original development (self compiled roms, kernels and recoveries, exact rules for creating a thread there see in stickies of that section)
What does not go here:

• Any Questions!!!
Developer Discussion [Developers Only] (only on devices where available)

What goes here:

• ONLY high level discussions between developers. (Exact rules for creating a thread there see in stickies of that section)
What does not go here:

• Absolutely everything else!!
Themes and Apps

What goes here:

• All discussions related to theming and applications (self made and others) for this phone
Not allowed in ANY section (and also not in signatures):

• everything prohibited by above linked forum rules
  • specified or implied off-topic threads
  • Discussion of / Linking to work of developers that are banned from xda. If they are banned, so is their work.
  • political/religious statements of any kind
Where can I post things that are not allowed in Device Forum ?

You might want to have a look in General forums like:

General Discussion
Off-Topic Section
Android Development and Hacking

What do I do when I do not understand a moderators decision?

Please feel free to contact the moderator via PM to get his decision explained. If that does not satisfy you, contact the team-leader.
DO NOT, however, discuss any moderating issues in forum. This will always be regarded off-topic (which it actually is).

Now let's all have fun on this forum and help together to make xda a place where users can gather useful information instead of sipping through knee deep piles of unorganized rubbish

regards

your moderating team for HTC International devices

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this thread we will provide a short Q&A for your stay on this forum. Please read thoroughly and act accordingly.
    While most that is needed to know is pointed out in the forum rules, history shows that some points of these rules are not clearly understood by some users and others leave room for interpretation. With these Q&A we give you some additional guidelines how the forum for this device is moderated.

Who are the moderators for this forum?

The team leaders for HTC International team are Judge Joseph Dredd and O_G

Moderators are: Andy, ceesheim, coal686, KidCarter93, LenAsh, pandaball, Stephen, wildstang83

How do I contact the moderating crew?

While you are free to contact all of us via PM, for moderating purposes it is much more advisable to use report system. If you do that, your request reaches ALL moderators thus multiplying the chance for fast reaction to your request. If you PM a moderator, he does not know whether you have contacted others also and therefore it is possible that your request is handled by different moderators, overruling the others. In report system the ticket system avoids that. Therefore please always use report system.

Where do I post my thread/issue/question?

This is a very important decision and decides not only whether you achieve the goal you intend with your thread/post, but also whether it might be regarded off-topic/not allowed and therefore be removed. So here is a list to help you decide where to put your thread (or maybe to not post it at all).
    General section

What goes here

• Guides, Collections, Tutorials (can also be posted in Q&A)
    • General information about the device
    • Tips and Tricks
    • Every general discussion about technical aspects of device
    What does not go here (by far an uncomplete list, just some examples for topics that are not tolerated)

• Everything prohibited by above linked forum rules.
    • "Whis is the best rom for this device", "Is this rom better than that" (always subjective, prone to fanboy wars)
      [*]Device comparison threads "Which is better: iphone or this phone" (see above)
      In regards to best ROM threads and device comparison threads, we will be allowing these kinds of discussions from now on. As always, the forum rules apply so that means no trolling/arguing etc. will be accepted.
    • "What was your last phone/will be your next phone" (Off-Topic to this phone, post that in OT-Forum)
    • "Hello"/"Goodbye"/"Merry Christmas,Easter,Hannukkah, whatever" (Obviously OT, just imagine every user posts that)
    • "I'll never buy HTC again", "Why HTC/Samsung/whoever sucks" and all other "hate"-threads (Tell that those guys, not us)
    • "Help!", "How do I...", "Why..." and all other Questions (belong in Q&A)
    Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

What goes here:

• All device/rom/kernel/mods/themes related questions and the corresponding answers
    • Guides, Collections, Tutorials (can also be posted in General)
    What does not go here

• see General section
    Accessories

What goes here:

• All discussions related to hardware accessories to this phone
    Android Development

What goes here:

• All discussions related to YOUR OWN development (roms, kernels, recoveries and flashable mods, exact rules for creating a thread there see in stickies of that section)
    What does not go here:

• Any Questions!!!
    Original Android Development

What goes here:

• All discussions related to YOUR OWN original development (self compiled roms, kernels and recoveries, exact rules for creating a thread there see in stickies of that section)
    What does not go here:

• Any Questions!!!
    Developer Discussion [Developers Only] (only on devices where available)

What goes here:

• ONLY high level discussions between developers. (Exact rules for creating a thread there see in stickies of that section)
    What does not go here:

• Absolutely everything else!!
    Themes and Apps

What goes here:

• All discussions related to theming and applications (self made and others) for this phone
    Not allowed in ANY section (and also not in signatures):

• everything prohibited by above linked forum rules
    • specified or implied off-topic threads
    • Discussion of / Linking to work of developers that are banned from xda. If they are banned, so is their work.
    • political/religious statements of any kind
    Where can I post things that are not allowed in Device Forum ?

You might want to have a look in General forums like:

General Discussion
    Off-Topic Section
    Android Development and Hacking

What do I do when I do not understand a moderators decision?

Please feel free to contact the moderator via PM to get his decision explained. If that does not satisfy you, contact the team-leader.
    DO NOT, however, discuss any moderating issues in forum. This will always be regarded off-topic (which it actually is).

Now let's all have fun on this forum and help together to make xda a place where users can gather useful information instead of sipping through knee deep piles of unorganized rubbish

regards

your moderating team for HTC International devices