[Out Dated] Open Touch v3.0 | WM 6.1 | T-Mobile Wing!

Search This thread

GiRaK

Feb 19, 2008
I am trying to put my phone into airplane mode so that I can flash to the slim version but it will not go.

Edit:

Nvm i got it. For some reason I have to turn something else on for it to show that airplane was actually off. Then I was able to turn airplane mode on. Weird.

Last edited:

ttran001

Jun 17, 2007
would be nice to see a mac themed opentouch biggy =)

A mac theme would be nice but then I would have to spend a lot more time changing all of the wall paper and back ground for the home page and other apps.

I was also going to use the Vista theme by poorlyduck, which looks very nice but it requires a lot of space.

Regards,

ttran001

Jun 17, 2007
Open Touch v4.0 Preview Snap Shots

Folks,

Here are preview snap shots of the next release...

Scr-030316421600.bmp
Scr-030316424401.bmp

Scr-030316425902.bmp
Scr-030316432503.bmp

Yes, it comes with Voice speed dial and setup to work with voice command which can be installed via cab file.

Enjoy,

jjroc1

Sep 5, 2007
TEASE!

what a tease!

man, I can't wait for 4.0!

any release date yet?

you are the man ttran, best roms ever...keep up the good work.

Claus1985

Feb 17, 2008
looks impressive!

I can´t wait testing the new open touch, the 3.0 was more than impressive and its the only ROM im using constantly for more than a few days... ;) so can´t wait to test the new features =)
My only wish for a future version would be integrateing some tools that make open touch more finger frindly, like icontact and slide2unlock! :)

So far thx and keep up your great work!

ttran001

Jun 17, 2007
Working with voice command...is that MS Voice Command?

MS Voice command will work with it, I'm running a personal version with it included and it works fine. The only thing I don't like about voice command is that it likes to auto start which will reduce your program memory.

Thus, I really don't want to release a version with it...I'm able to get it to fit into the biggy version but then users will complain about the program memory droping...

Also,

No comments about the SMS Mode and Open Touch Cabs Center?

heheheh

I'm still working on the wall paper, the one from the snap shot is just a temp thing but not sure yet. I do like the way it looks.

Regards,

Icy1906

Aug 21, 2007
Memphis
question

MS Voice command will work with it, I'm running a personal version with it included and it works fine. The only thing I don't like about voice command is that it likes to auto start which will reduce your program memory.

Thus, I really don't want to release a version with it...I'm able to get it to fit into the biggy version but then users will complain about the program memory droping...

Also,

heheheh

I'm still working on the wall paper, the one from the snap shot is just a temp thing but not sure yet. I do like the way it looks.

Regards,
ttran, I sent you a message. Let me know what you want me to do.

Shaihalud9

Feb 25, 2008
Miami
Alright, now that Ive had a day to play with it, two questions, the second one being related to the first.

Does the Biggy version include the Cube? (I would guess so, but I wanted to be sure)

My second question: How do you use it? Ive enabled the cube, and scrolling, and used the Touch It Default settings, as well as trying other view settings, and going from what Ive seen and read about the Cube, a swipe should get the cube to move, yet... I cannot get the cube to move at all.

I do kinda feel like a dope for not figuring it out :p

piti80

Feb 8, 2008
Just to confirm, can someone please hard reset their device to see if this problem is still there after the hard rest.

I've never had this issue before and would like to help resolve this issue if possible.

Thanks,

I already hard reseted my phone, and it does fix the problem, but after my battery died once it started doing it again.... thanks

but Fortunately I think I just figure it out reading another thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=280417

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\Ending deleted p
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\dialing deleted p
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\dialpadctlkey deleted p

Last edited:

hybridmonk

Jan 1, 2008
change font?

would be sweet if you can change the font type and color in the sms threaded mode for opentouch 4.0 =)

ucsbshawn

May 24, 2006
Santa Barbara
I already hard reseted my phone, and it does fix the problem, but after my battery died once it started doing it again.... thanks

but Fortunately I think I just figure it out reading another thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=280417

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\Ending deleted p
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\dialing deleted p
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\dialpadctlkey deleted p

YUP! That fixed it!
Mine started when my phone froze and i took out the battery.

ttran001

Jun 17, 2007
Hey ttran...

I am just getting so impatient...when do you think you can upload the open tuch 4.0.

Thanks

Good things come to those who wait...lol

Joking,

In this release I'm going to take more time to try and resolve all current issues. While providing more new ideas to make this phone even more fun to use.

Hang tight,

omegatek

Sep 12, 2007
Houston
Possible MMS Fix

Ok, after having problems forever trying to get MMS working on this ROM using the Tzones Proxy Hack..... I think I finally solved it. It works for me at lease.

I think a keypoint is to double, triple and quadruple check all your settings.

PART 1

T-ZONES PROXY SETUP

Start Menu
Click Settings
Select Connections Tab
Select Connections (on the page)
Select "Set up my proxy server"
Select Proxy Settings (tab at bottom)
Put in checkmarks for both "This network connects to the internet" AND "This network uses a Proxy server to connect to the Internet"
In the proxy server box enter: 216.155.165.50
Click on Advanced
Tap HTTP
Change the server setting to: 216.155.165.50
Changer the port setting to 8080
Username: leave blank
Password: leave blank
Domain: leave blank
Tap "OK" in the upper right corner
Tap Socks
Change the server setting to: 216.155.165.50
Changer the port setting to 1080<<<< MAKE SURE this is 1080 NOT 8080
Type: Socks 4
Username: leave blank
Domain: leave blank
Tap OK
Tap Ok
Select VPN tab (should be empty)
Select Modem tab
Select New..
In "Enter a name for the connection: Tzones
In "Select a modem:" Cellular Line (GPRS)
Select "Next"
In "Access point name: wap.voicestream.com
Select "Next"
User name: leave blank
Domain:* leave blank
Select "Advance"
Select the TCP/IP tab
Select "Use server-assigned IP address"
Select the Servers tab
Select "Use server-assigned IP addresses"
Tap OK
Select "Finish"
Select "General" tab
Under "Enter a name for these settings:" Tzones Proxy
Tap OK
Now you should see a new connection called "Tzones Proxy"
Close it out

PART 2

MMS Setup

Start >> Messaging >> MMS >> Menu >> Tools >> Options >> MMS >> Servers >> T-Mobile MMS

Server Name: T-Mobile MMS
Gateway: 216.155.165.50
Port number: 8080
Server address: "http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms" <<< without the quotes
Connect via: Tzones Proxy
Sending size limit: 300k
Wap Version: WAP 2.0
Select OK
Select OK
Select OK
Now send yourself an MMS

Notes
  • I have found that unless I have a good signal, my MMS will NOT GO THRU.
  • If I have one or 2 bars, the MMS will get stuck 50% or so.
  • If I have 3 to 4 bars, the MMS goes out rather quickly.
  • Also, when I try to send manually, via: Start >> Messages >> MMS >> Menu >> Send/Recieve --- I get an "Error Synchronization" message on the bottom left corner... though eventually I do receive my MMS
*Please post your results if you use this method.

Last edited:

MDANavymom

Jan 24, 2006
Minnesota

Also,

heheheh

Regards,

I can live with the memory issue (not that there is that much) for MS VC, what I can't live without is being able to just push my headset and speak and it dials...that is "priceless"
The SMS, I have waited so long to get back the threaded SMS from the Palm days wouldn't live without it. The Cab Center, I am not really sure what that is so can't comment on it. But it looks interesting.
:)