[CANCELLED] XDA-Marketplace (Source-code released & attached)

Search This thread

nikeup

Jan 19, 2010
Hey,

Just a question to the guys behind this brilliant project,

Whats the current status of it all? And is there a timeline for when we can hope to get our first glimpses of it all?

My only other point is that i think the guys behind this should just make the decisions on designs and things like that. Because the project could take for ever if every little detail needs to be discussed on the board, desgins, names etc. Personally, i think at the end of the day if the homepage is green or blue, it doesnt matter, and if the website is abc.com or acb.com it really doesnt matter. Its what the website will provide that we're all so eager about!

And I would really love to help if i could but i have no skills that could be of any use!

Keep of the great work!

yngvebn

May 13, 2008
Oslo
Hey,

Just a question to the guys behind this brilliant project,

Whats the current status of it all? And is there a timeline for when we can hope to get our first glimpses of it all?

My only other point is that i think the guys behind this should just make the decisions on designs and things like that. Because the project could take for ever if every little detail needs to be discussed on the board, desgins, names etc. Personally, i think at the end of the day if the homepage is green or blue, it doesnt matter, and if the website is abc.com or acb.com it really doesnt matter. Its what the website will provide that we're all so eager about!

And I would really love to help if i could but i have no skills that could be of any use!

Keep of the great work!

The current status is that a couple of pages needs to be put together design-wise, and the tag-functionality has to be finished.

it will be hosted at www.xda-downloads.com (not affiliated with xda-developers.com in any way), and the main design is done, and will be in the style of the current holding-page there.

I promise it wont take forever, as I'm soon ready to release an early version :)

nikeup

Jan 19, 2010
Awesome! Thanks for the update.

I'm sure everyone is just as eager and excited as i am!

All the best

julienrl

Aug 2, 2008
Ottawa
so will users who did not develop an app be allowed to post it \ link the forum thread to the XDA-market?

Also, how will this scan our PDA for updates, will it work like app to date where people have to add code to their program? Or alternatively, will it require a log-in and simply have a server-side list of the software we downloaded and the version which it was (this one seems easier to implement)?

yngvebn

May 13, 2008
Oslo
so will users who did not develop an app be allowed to post it \ link the forum thread to the XDA-market?

Also, how will this scan our PDA for updates, will it work like app to date where people have to add code to their program? Or alternatively, will it require a log-in and simply have a server-side list of the software we downloaded and the version which it was (this one seems easier to implement)?

Each application uploaded will have the posibility to have different versions. If you log in, and download something, the next time you log in it will check if the last version you downloaded is up to date.

Maybe some solution combining the features in app-to-date with this can be implemented later, but for now I think this is sufficient. It will also provide the user with a list of applications downloaded, so that you can easily download a zip-file with all the cabs for those apps (you can of course remove programs from your list if you're no longer interested in it)

Stay tuned :)

yngvebn

May 13, 2008
Oslo
Design needed

Hi guys!

I know there are alot of great designers out there, so here's something I need:

I'm working on the page that actually lists application in any selected category.
Each item has to include the following:

- An image
- Name of the app with version number (doesn't have to be on the same place)
- Name (username) of the author
- A short description
- Tags
- Number of downloads
- Number of comments
- Rating (x/5) with number or stars

Please use the screenshot at http://www.xda-downloads.com for color and look/feel-references

Let the games begin :)

keith43

Jan 20, 2010
Hi guys!

I'm working on the page that actually lists application in any selected category.

- An image
- A short description
- Tags
- Number of downloads
- Number of comments

Please use the screenshot at http://www.xda-downloads.com for color and look/feel-references

Let the games begin :)

I started trying to click the links, then read it was a screen shot! haha

DanMccoy1

Dec 13, 2008
Felixstowe
Show us something we can use. Then add a donation button, I'm sure there are other's like me who would be willing to help pay for the server.

On another note, I can help with the web design, banner's anything like that, Very Familiar with Dreamweaver, After Effects And Photoshop (Have The CS4 Suite)
Pm Me If You'd Like My Help :)
Keep Up The Good Work! +10

Last edited:

DanMccoy1

Dec 13, 2008
Felixstowe
Originally Posted by yngvebn
Hi guys!

- An image
- A short description
- Tags
- Number of downloads
- Number of comments

Let the games begin

I'll Be First To Add Some Input On This Then :cool: :p ;)

xda_downloads_by_Mccoy88f.jpg

Any Feedback/Modifications?

theciscokid

Jun 16, 2009
I completely disagree. In my professional experience (including designing and being head-developer on some very large government systems) if you are truely serious about a project over-specifying from the start is usually a good :eek: thing.
<snip>

This made me lol. It makes me think of the N3 disast.. *cough* I mean project. :D

Last edited:

DanMccoy1

Dec 13, 2008
Felixstowe
Application List Page, One Of Mine And Yngve's Idea's.
Feedback Would Be Great So We Can Hopefully Come Up With A Final Design. Cheers!

Application_List_Xda_Market_by_Mccoy88f.jpg

Dan