Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

robitron929

Mar 4, 2011
I haven't noticed until know that the SGN from Verizon shuts off 3g/lte while making calls.
Does this have something to do with ATTs contract with Google and Samsung.
I will leave this thread open as hope that we can resolve this issue. Please post your experiences. If your are not having issues with your SGN from Verizon please post. Thank you

Oh yeah wtf? Right?

Last edited:

robitron929

Mar 4, 2011
OK but why did Verizon tell that me it does do calls and internet at the same time. Two customer reps told me this and one told me its in the manual. I'm going through the manual now

robitron929

Mar 4, 2011
Yeah Verizon has good towers here in California. Sh..ty service and BS like made me spill my coffee

robitron929

Mar 4, 2011
Well what about a lte only switch if that was compiled than it would help right?

Last edited:

theherodrownd

Aug 31, 2007
*blink blink* TRWTF is the above question.

As stated, this is a limitation of CDMA, or at least Verizon's current implementation of CDMA. Every 3G phone exhibits this behavior, as well as LTE phones when out of range of an LTE signal.

There is one exception to the rule. VZW has updated their CDMA towers to allow SVDO which is voice and data over 3G, however the phone has to have a compatible chip set for it to work. The HTC thunderbolt is the only phone I know of that does SVDO when there is no LTE signal

copkay

Jul 29, 2010
There is one exception to the rule. VZW has updated their CDMA towers to allow SVDO which is voice and data over 3G, however the phone has to have a compatible chip set for it to work. The HTC thunderbolt is the only phone I know of that does SVDO when there is no LTE signal

Yeah, that's what's described at the "current implementation" link. As far as I was aware, SVDO hasn't been rolled out yet. Has Verizon already "flipped the switch" on SVDO?

theherodrownd

Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, that's what's described at the "current implementation" link. As far as I was aware, SVDO hasn't been rolled out yet. Has Verizon already "flipped the switch" on SVDO?

SVDO was ready at launch of the TBolt. There was no press release when it launched tho. I don't think SVDO is going to catch on with VoLTE coming and the power hungry chips is just not q recipe for success

Reactions: copkay

copkay

Jul 29, 2010
SVDO was ready at launch of the TBolt. There was no press release when it launched tho. I don't think SVDO is going to catch on with VoLTE coming and the power hungry chips is just not q recipe for success

Ah interesting, yeah, I didn't know that. They definitely didn't bother making a big deal out of it. Well, good to know, anyway. :)

robitron929

Mar 4, 2011
Well than i m guessing it would be a long shot to implement SVDO into a modded radios package
. Or maybe the hardware's incapable regardless

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts